Dukanista's Diary: Part III!

Friday at last! Finished week 3 of insanity and I'm ready for a lazy weekend.

Quick food report:
Muffin, bifidus yoghurt, coffee
Half a cup of mixed nuts
Salmon & tuna sashimi, Fat free plain yoghurt, coffee
Veggie soup with a dollop of quark
Choc mint pudding (yoghurt, quark, Splenda, cocoa and peppermint essence)
Low fat hot cocoa (with a tbs of Nutella)

Not too bad... And the dreaded choc spread is almost finished and can't tempt me any more! The weekend is tough, though: I find it really hard to stop snacking when I'm at home all day, and I really have too much to do at home. I guess I'll have to just fill up on liquids and big portions of soup. And I am finally going to try becca's mythical salt and pepper chicken!

Your in for a treat her salt and pepper chicken is a reeeeeeeeeal treat xxx

Thanks for the reminder! Chicken is defrosting as we speak! :)

Well I've already raved about the 'chicken a la beckstar' on lady b's diary, but let me repeat that it was amazing! I had it today with roasted cherry tomatoes. Yumm!

And the scales seem happy too: losing steadily and hopefully be back on tw in a week or 2.

Up way too late tonight finishing work, and I'm off to the visa office for my interview tomorrow morning. So I might have to postpone insanity til I get back. Off to sleep now ladies, hope you all had a great start to the week Cx

Urghhhh... Been so good recently but at lunch time I caved in and had a rather large slice of walnut pie with my smoked salmon wrap. But it's getting wintery and dark and I'm getting a cold and feeling sorry for myself!

Back to veggie soup for dinner tonight, and hope my insanity workout tomorrow helps burn this off!
Cx

You can burn that off in no time. Good luck xxx

Thanks sid! It was delish, though, but it did feel like too much. I guess fine for a once a week treat!
Cx

Ugh, just back from a long session at the doctor where I booked annual medical, woman's health and dental all in one morning. Figured I would get it out the way in one foul swoop. All clear so far -just had 2 fillings - but need to wait for more results. My last check 2 years ago said 'elevated fat levels', so I really really want an improvement there!

Had to do a fasting blood sugar test too, so haven't eaten since 8pm last night!! Where's that chicken?!!

Happy weekends,

Cx

Doc called today to say all good except for 'abnormal' chest X-ray... Had to go in for another check, results coming tomorrow. The waiting is the worst part, and not being able to share the news with OH as he is not here and pointless worrying him too. Cross fingers for tomorrow!

Diet is not great at the moment, partly due to entertaining house guests, and partly because I am getting the biggest sugar cravings. I think it's the cold weather but it has to stop!!

Hope you're having a better week than me so far :)

Caro hope the results are good news xxx

Thanks girls. I'm sure it's nothing but of course you start going through all the worst things that could happen. Hopefully sharing good news with you in a few hours!
Cx

Hooray, all good! Doctor noticed shadows on the lung which weren't there 2 years ago, but it looks like it was just an infection. Phew... I consider myself pretty healthy now and it's been 8 years since I stopped smoking, but when you hear something like that you think why why why did I ever do it in the first place!

So, all clear for another year and my visitors have departed and so it's time to bring on the chicken!!!

Cx

Pheeeeew ....relief. Im an ex smoker and still hope I've escaped damage so know how you felt.... Xx. :-D

Wow, choking on the dust in here!

Hello everyone and happy new year! The last 2 months have been mad, and I've missed you all. Hubby back a few weeks ago to help me pack up, and now here we are: less than 24 hours before we jump on a plane and leave shanghai behind, to start a new chapter in London.

Besides a lot of lifting of boxes and packing suitcases there hasn't been much exercise lately, and my insanity bod is looking a bit sad. And I didn't do very well with Christmas, New Years, and the goodbye dinners either!

But it's a new year and I'm looking forward to getting on track in our new home. Still have hopes for the meetup!

Catching up on everyone's diary but a group hug for now :)

Cxx

How exciting dukanista , are you all set this end ??

Back