Dukanista's Diary: Part III!

Hooray! Fast day 4 done and dusted. Went a bit wild on dinner: who put that bag of pork crackling in my line of sight at the supermarket?!!

Would be nice to see the other side of 58kg tomorrow - cross fingers!

58.05! So close... Weightloss definitely slowing down, even immediately after the fast, or else I over-compensated on dinner last night ? Lots of cabbage, cucumber, asparagus and other diuretic veggies this weekend, and crossing fingers I'll stay around the 58 mark (or under) for Monday's weigh in!

I will probably also need to up my exercise. I cycled twice this week, not on a fast day though, which is around 55km / 3 hours of exercise including a long hill. I'd like to be doing 3 cycles and adding some strength exercises: lunges, squats and press ups would be the easiest. But house guests are arriving this morning and so following any plan will be trickier. I will probably only manage 1 fast day too, unless I aim for Monday/Wednesday.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend. Pity about the weather though!

Cx

Great that this is working for you. I tried something very similar before but just binged whenever not fasting. i seem to have a problem with eating in moderation. If i can have a little then i want more and just can't stop. This is something i need to try and conquer when i get on to conso although thats a long way off yet, but it does worry me as to how not to fall back into that trap!

Thanks tryin again, although I might be STS in week 2. Its so hard to know what is 'normal' eating, and maybe I was a bit too relaxed this week. Or maybe I'm just consolidating the bigger loss from week 1?

I know that is exactly what causes this diet/lifestyle to fail for most people, though, so I'm keeping a close eye on things.

Well done for your vanishing 2 stone, TA!

First tangible non scale result: a top that was too tight a few weeks ago is now fitting again! Still aways to go, but movin in the right direction! :)

Cx

Blegh... Nasty scale showed an increase of 250g this week, never mind sts! My own fault for being too lenient this weekend... But it's hard with guests around.

Anyway, I think it will shift soon as I definitely feel thinner around my waist and chest. Gotta attack that flabby bottom soon, though... I did 50 squats this morning but I miss my body pump class so much!!

I'm an hour away from finishing fast number 5. Unfortunately ending it at the pub again, but I will try to be good so I can see some good news when I weigh in tomorrow. Still dreaming of the magic 57 showing on the scale (even if it's 57.95 I will cheer!)

Happy Monday me luvvlies,

Cx

Fingers crossed for you Dukanista! that 57.something is just around the corner.

Your fasts sound awesome - like tryin again, I have a problem with binge eating. Looking forward to strengthening my "stopping" muscle at consolidation this time around.

Thanks Shelly! Scales were back down at 58.2 this morning, and I'm fasting again tomorrow because I'm away with the family from Thursday to Sunday and it's my last chance for the week. I'm actually trying a lunch to lunch fast this time. Had lunch around 3 and don't really need dinner, so that means I'm just skipping breakfast and having a late lunch tomorrow. I'll have to be REALLY good when I'm away, though, and not undo my good work. My niece and nephew are in town and we're going up to the Harry Potter studios - I've been told to try the butter beer, which sounds dangerous :) Brazil match is starting so I'm off. Have a lovely evening all of you! Cx

Haha - that's a nice name for it!

Thanks Sarah, hope your third week is going strong!

Cx

That's the spirit! Lovely to hear that you're in control again (not that you ever weren't, really!)

Cx

So, the lunch to luncher went well. I was hungrier than usual this morning, of course, but then I could eat earlier in the day. And I got stuck in meetings and stretched it out another 2 hours by accident. So after 6 x 24 hour fasts, I can say without a doubt that it's the first half that is the most difficult. Towards the end, you honestly don't notice. Skipping breakfast is the hardest part of it, but with a litre of water and a black coffee to start the day, it's bearable.

Cycled in to work again (so that's my 2 cycles done) and I squeezed in (hehe) some squats and lunges too, so pretty happy with myself. The scales were on 58.15 this morning and I doubt I'll hit 57 this week, but plan to keep this up for at least 6-8 weeks and see the longer term results.

Unfortunately I haven't really been strict enough with the non-fast food days. I'm eating mainly meat, fish and veggies, but shared an ice cream sundae on Monday evening...

I'm off for a few days now, so will try and behave and see you back on Sunday!

Cx

It's so difficult when you have little to lose, it moves to slowly! When I did Dukan first time round a few years ago, I was 3kg away from TW but like a fool I didn't stick to Cruise, didn't Consolidate properly either and the weight crept up again to pre-Dukan. DOH. It sounds like your choice of woe is working for you now so keep going :)

Thanks Pog! Yes, it's frustrating isn't it? I need to remind myself of that in the future too: it's such a struggle to lose those last few pounds, but so damn easy for them to creep back on!

Happy naked dance this morning, though: scales are showing 57.9!! Woohoo!

Cx

Nice one Caro! I'm loving all the naked dancing that's going on lately. Have a lovely break until the weekend!!

One of my colleagues has invited me for Iftar tomorrow night, which is the traditional Fast-Breaking meal for Ramadan. I did it a few times last year and you can seriously clock some calories at these things. It's gonna be pretty hard to stick to Dukan too. :eek:
I fasted last year, so I know how hard it is - if I do it, I have to do it properly - the Muslim way... No water, no drinks, no nada! the daily fast here starts at 4am-ish and we break at 7:30pm
I thought about it alot over the past couple of days, and I decided that I just can't trust myself. I'm too scared of binging at the evening meal (when I know my colleague will be rolling out all the best food he can find, for this special celebration with his workmates). As well, drinking so much on Dukan, if I suddenly stop, I think water retention could be a real problem. So I will still eat lightly, but normally Friday and then hone in on the salads and the meat. My one saving grace is that there will be no Alcohol - phew!

Anyway, I just wanted to tell you this in the context of your fasting. I watched the Horizons Documentary and it was brilliant. If it fits with your lifestyle then it's great for your body - and all my friends here fasting swear by it as a physical as well as spiritual cleanser.

On the documentary they talked about having 300-500 cals on the fasting day. Do you do that? or just have nothing at all?

Have a super weekend xoxox

Hiya Shelly,

Yes, it's interesting that fasting is part of so many religions and cultures. I wonder if there are studies on the health effects of Ramadan?

I'm not doing the low calorie fasting which is the version they described on Horizon. I tried that once, but I've found that the 24 hour zero cal fast suits me better since it's shorter and simpler. The alternate day and 5:2 fasts actually go for almost 36 hours without eating, since it's from dinner until breakfast 2 days later. And because I was spending so much time calculating how many calories i had left, i was hungrier and more obsessed about food - with no calories I can just forget about it and get on with things!

I was dreading the scales this morning as I've been eating quite badly the last few days: ice cream, croissants, pain au chocolat, crisps, cider... Very naughty! But I'm actually down again: woohoo! 58.05 this morning and I'm fasting today, so 57 should definitely be in sight this week. I do love the fact that it's ok to splurge a bit and use the fasting to balance things out. I had a great few days off, though, and did a bit of exercise too, so i guess that helped. And what fantastic weather we had!

Hope you're all getting good news on the scales today. Have a wonderful week, and happy dukanning!

Cx

... And after fasting yesterday, the scales show 57.55 today, half a kilo down from yesterday! Whoop whoop! Hope I can keep it off for the rest of the week - that will be halfway to my target weight! And no house guests until Friday so no reason to misbehave (she says, optimistically!!)

Ok, enough f@rting around and off to work I go :)

Happy dukanning everyone, wherever you are!

Scales still on 57.6kg this morning, so I'm officially 2.2kg down since I started this 3 and a half weeks ago!!

Taking Friday off as my dad's arriving for a visit, so I'll switch to Thursday for the second fast this week. Unfortunately not going to be able to meet my cycling target, though :-( but I have been good about walking more and also doing exercises at home in the mornings. Really have to look into that fitbit...

I'm tempted to go clothes shopping but I'd prefer to wait until I get closer to tw - then again, once I'm on target again, I probably won't need to shop as all my old dukan clothes will be fitting again! Hooray! :)

Happy hump day, gorgeous gals Cxx

Fast day #8 done and dusted, so that's it for week 4. Scales hovering around 56.6 for the last 4 days, so it looks like I'll maintain my half a kilo loss this week, which brings me halfway to target. Whoop whoop! And I've got the day off and am off to pick up my dad at the airport today. Life is good! Cxx

Last edited:
Back