Dukanista's Diary: Part III!

... And in other news, I have been doing a bit of a shopping spree this week... (blush). I was planning to wait till I got closer to tw, but the sales are on, and there are so many nice things on display... And yesterday I bought a size XS T-shirt!!! I mean, I know that UK sizes are crazy, bit still: extra-blooming-small! And I've been fitting into size 8s and 10s, and even the odd 6.

And now I'd better go hide my debit card :)

Awesome Lady!

You are on fire! have a great weekend with your Dad!

Love the XS!! I'm all for a bit of vanity sizing in the UK. I once bought a dress in Paris, I loved it on sight but in the changing rooms only the size "L" would fit. I said to my friend "there's no blooming way I'm buying an "L"!!!!"
So I bought the M. It's a real 'target dress'. It must be a small UK 10. When I get to fighting weight I will wear it constantly ;)

Thanks both! But there's no way I'm really an XS - it's a loose fit, and I'm usually a medium, so not sure what happened there. But still a nice ego boost! I am pleased with my results but I am only half way to where I got to 2 years ago with dukan, and not all my clothes are fitting yet. But I'm enjoying it and glad to see steady progress so far.

Had a lovely 2 days walking around with dad, enjoying the sunshine. A few naughty moments (caramel oatmeal square?!!!) but altogether not bad. Lots of water and veggie sticks for dinner in compensation :)

Hope you are both having a lovely weekend!

Cx

Ok, I cheated slightly: had a big dinner out on Sunday night with tons of wine and crisps, and there was no way I was weighing myself Monday morning. Fasted Monday and today I am on 57.6, which is where I spent most of last week, so I'll take it, thanks very much :)

Almost half a kilo down since last week: can't believe I'm managing to lose weight while having so many gala meals! It was a little bit rough doing a fast day on a hangover yesterday, but I also knew it was the quickest way to get things out of my system.

Catching up with more friends this week (picnics and pub crawls are a distinct possibility!), so for this week the fasting might be more of a corrective action than actually help me lose anything. But as long as I'm around 57kg by the end of the week I'll be happy.

Wishing you all sunbeams and buckets of willpower this week,

Cxx

Oops, signatures turned off: stats updated now :)

Just a quickie today. Struggling to keep on track with more house guests and visitors in town. A couple of big meals out and a happy hour or two... Was worth it, though!

I managed to fast on Monday and will do so today as well, but I'll probably be happy just to stay the same this week. Luckily my latest guest is a fitness nut and very healthy conscious, so I expect to be doing lots of exercise this week :)

As for non scale victories, I've fitted into another pair of trousers that have been hiding at the back of the cupboard, and I moved my belt up a hole this week!

Happy Friday, fellow dukanettes :)

Cx

Yay on the NSV! x

You're doing brilliantly and having a great social life too. X

Thanks lovelies! To be honest, the social life is stressing me out a bit... I feel like I've had house guests since forever and had no time for myself: just work, then come home and be sociable, or head off sightseeing. Sounds awful of me as I love seeing everyone, but I didn't realize how exhausting it would be! Next year I think we're going to have to start saying no to some of the visitors, for the sake of our friendships.

Anyways, I'm hanging in there so far, keeping steady at 57.7 (up by 100g - I can live with that!) which is good considering all the drinking and eating I've done on the non-fast days. I'm regularly cycling on my fast days which is great, and I managed a full 24 hours on Monday - Friday was closer to 22 hours as Thursday's dinner with friends was late, and I couldn't wait until so late the next day to eat!

The last guest is off next Thursday and then I'm escaping down south for a hiking/ cycling/ camping break for 4 days. Lying in a field of sheep and cows with my kindle - paradise!

Happy hump day ladies Cxxx

I think you've done amazingly keeping on track with guests (ohh and I do know what you mean when you say how good it is to see them... and then to see them leave! At least when living in a smallish flat!). Your holiday sounds fab! So long as you've access to electricity (to charge that Kindle) and a clean loo (aaah my only fear when camping!), it sounds perfect. And the cycling exercise will be great. How do you handle your food intake on a holiday like this? Will you fast when exercising so much?

Thanks Jo! I AM proud of myself - with previous diets I would have had to go completely off plan for a few weeks and then deal with the damage at the end of it. I am really happy that I'm managing to fit this in around my social life, although it would obviously be more difficult (probably impossible) if I went away for a week or more.

The camping trip should be great fun. I have a portable USB battery charger for phone, kindle etc. that should last me 4 or 5 days - I bought it specifically with camping in mind! And tripadvisor reports say that the loos and showers are very clean, so that's all I need! That, and the nice weather to hold out.

I will probably switch my fast days to the Thursday before and Tuesday after the trip as I'll be exercising a lot - and it would really spoil a nice holiday!

Almost the weekend - hang in there, everyone!

Cx

Ooh! your holiday sounds like heaven!! Whatcha reading on your kindle - anything you'd recommend? I've found it had to find a book that will capture my interest lately.

I hope you get lovely weather - will it be lots of country pub food, or will you cook at campsite?

Heya Shelly!

Hmm, the kindle: I set myself a target of 50 books this year in the Goodreads reading challenge, but I'm hopelessly behind schedule! I'm usually a big SFF fan but have been a bit all over the place this year. I love Margaret Atwood - re-read the MaddAddam trilogy this year - and Jasper Fforde for a bit of humor. I also enjoyed Gone Girl (Gillian Flynn) and The Goldfinch (Donna Tartt). Gave JK Rowling's Casual Vacancy a try but couldn't stick with it. Now I'm onto historical fiction: all the recent sightseeing has inspired me to read Hilary Mantel, Bernard Cornwell and Edward Rutherfurd, although they're slow going sometimes. And we'll be down in John Fowles territory this weekend so I might drag out The French Lieutenant's Woman!

The forecast is rain for most of the weekend so with any luck we'll be forced to stay in the tent or nearest pub and do nothing but read!

Cx

Well well well. I was feeling very fat at the start of the week and expecting another week of STS or heaven forbid, an increase. BUT when I weighed myself this morning i got my first sight of 56kg!! 56.75 to be exact, so about a kilo down since this time last week, and 3kg off since I started this IF thang.

AMAZEBALLS!!!!!

I ended up fasting on alternate days this week, doing Monday and Wednesday as they were the only convenient days. (note to self: it's always best to fast BEFORE a big dinner out instead of after, because the dinners end up finishing too late and it's impossible to fast till 10 or 11pm the next day). The second day was tough as I hadn't really ended Tuesday on a big meal, but I'm over the moon with the result! And now the fasting is done for the week and I can enjoy my camping holiday guilt-free.

We're planning to cook at the campsite but as we're packing the gear on our bikes, I think our cooking supplies will be pretty basic. But I did splash out with a few funky devices at the outdoor store: sporks, a new frying pan, a mini salt and pepper shaker... OH was joking that what we've saved on accommodation, we've spent on gear! So I hope it's a success as I'm going to have to do quite a bit more camping to avoid the 'I told you we didn't need a xyz' recriminations :)

Right, I can't put this off any longer, so off to work I go!

Cx

56s in sight! That's great! x

Awesome work with the loss!

Your weekend sounds dreamy. Some good recommendations there with the books, I feel like this year has flown by and I haven't read a thing yet!

Have a really wonderful time away - you have certainly earnt it. I was wondering, what are you planning to do when you get to goal? Will you still fast one day per week to maintain? Hoping for good weather for you!

Thanks Pog and Shelly! Yes, I forgot 56 is my target. My previous dukan weight was 55, although I didn't maintain it for long. I may try to reach that once I hit 56 (positive thinking!!), we'll see.

I've been thinking about what happens after I hit tw, Shelly. Possibly fasting once a week, or fasting for 18 hours (I.e just skipping breakfast) once or twice a week to maintain. I will just have to keep an eye on the scales. It's really a way of life, now, and I don't really see a problem fasting regularly, although maybe not twice a week :)

PS happy naked dancing will resume once the house guests have departed :)

Quick NSV to report: not wearing a belt today and feeling my jeans falling off as I ran for the bus :)

Back