Dukanista's Diary: Part III!

Congrats on this week's kilo off Caro!

Now come on, knuckle down for that last kilo - just get it over and done with! Jx

hi my lovelies. i managed to write a couple of long posts yesterday on my iPhone and then lost everything when the wifi disappeared. grrrr!! will try to catch up today, promise!

joodle, i know you're right... it's just been frustrating to stay at what seems to be the same weight for such a long time. but then realistically, when i look at my stats, it has been moving down steadily. i guess i have this idea at the back of my mind that i might be better off doing PV every day, since snacking on low-fat veggies has to be better than all the extra dairy, right?

maybe i'm just being silly, or maybe it's just that i need a break before i get rid of that last kilo. so far this week i've been sticking to pv days, but with pretty high protein. and (gasp) no oatbran since my order is still stuck at the *&^!!%^%$##@@ chinese customs.

either way, thank you for all the support, and i can't wait to catch up on the diaries today and see how you are all doing!
Cx

All the best for the last kilo :) You've come this far, and I am sure you'll have the last kilo off in no time.
Have fun in the last little time in cruise, as conso is a bit of a mine field :break_diet:.
I'm struggling letting myself off the Dukan lead for celebration meal, then following the rules again afterwards, especially when there are half eaten goodies still in the fridge !!

thanks for the encouragement, cath, and congrats on reaching your tw! i can imagine that conso is a minefield after enjoying the structure of cruise for so long, so i'm thinking of easing into it gradually, first switching to pv and then waiting before introducing starches, bread, fruit, etc.

Cx

i'm sitting here writing this in the middle of a typhoon today, dear minimins! after 2 typhoons passed by us last weekend, skimming Shanghai on the north and south, the third one has landed smack bang on target. red alert for the city and i told my team to stay at home today. so my daily exercise is consisting of wringing out towels, mopping up the floors and battening down the hatches. i'm taking this as yet another sign that it's time to get out of dodge... (last week's sign was a weevil infestation in the kitchen which seems to have spread all over the house. my husband blames the fact that i no longer eat pasta and the packets of spaghetti have attracted wildlife... i didn't feel too bad throwing them out, though! can't see myself ever cooking much pasta again!)

hope you're all safe and dry, wherever you are!

Cx

thanks Mrs P.

Cx

Natural disasters are the worst...hurry up and come to London ;)

On my way just as soon as I can! No typhoons hitting London these days, I hope? :)

so typhoon haikui has passed without too much damage, and i'm enjoying reading all the news reports where it was called 'typhoon haiku' :)

the city looks nice and clean, but the apartment needs some work. every towel in the house is soaked, there is a pile of soggy paint and plaster under the bay windows where the wind drove the rain in, and the balcony fencing was destroyed. but as long as everyone is safe, i'm happy!

had a fun day in the kitchen yesterday, making seafood stew, custard and jelly (yumm!). still waiting for the arrival of my oat bran -hoping today will be the day. the clearance officer asked if i could send a translation of the goods in chinese, and i spent monday trying to find ways to describe oat bran, wheat bran, cheddar cheese flavoring and chocolate spread :). Come on, guys, let me have my oat bran!!!

Cx

has it really only been 3 days without muffins? no waaaaaaaay!

i feel like i'm crawling through the desert and there is a big box of oatbran way up in the distance, just out of reach... Come on TNT/Mr Customs Man, pleeeeeeeeeeease can i have my dukan delivery!!!

i'm picturing the customs officers standing around inspecting my items, wondering why the hell these crazy foreigners are ordering weird food from abroad when there is good food in this country. they better not have opened my chocolate spread for a taste...

The muffins have landed!!! Well, the oat bran anyway. Almost fell down the stairs running to sign for the delivery. Thank you TNT!!!

Wish I didn't have to finish work today. I just feel like running home and doing some baking!

Oooh and there's a tsp of chocolate spread with my name on it...

Cx

happy days :D

Muffin heaven :smoke:

Unfortunately I cycled home so couldn't fit the entire box on my bike, and it was torture to choose. I settled for oat bran and the choc spread. And yes, I had a sample last night. Ok, nutella it is not, which is good as I would not stop until the jar was empty! But I'm dreaming about gooey chocolate muffins...

Right off to go baking!

I haven't updated stats this week, I know... I think I might well skip a week. I did a fairly restrained 'conso' week last week, mainly pv, but then had some salty and quite oily meals on the weekend as little else was available (I was away from home) and I managed to put on a kilo - hopefully just water weight due to excess salt. Half is gone today and I am doing a few days pp to try and sort myself out and get down to tw.

I'm going on holiday with my mom at the end of the month - running off to meet her in Bali! And I would love to make tw by then.

Hope you're all having a fantabulous dukan week and not feeling too let down by the end of the Olympics. It went so incredibly well, you should all be proud to be British :)

sigh..... that was the best tasting muffin EVER!! :drool:

Bail wow xxx

Back