Dukanista's Diary: Part III!

Is happy naked dancing running for the bus your next target ?

Wow wow! I'm mega impressed and not only because you're looking forward to a weekend's camping in the rain !!!

I'll be intrigued to read how it goes... keep up the good work!!

x

Eeeew, Jo, not a nice picture :)

Camping was wonderful and I ate loads but exercised loads. And got rained on quite a bit! Jumped right back into a fast today which I'm ending with a romantic anniversary dinner tonight. Bring on the sticky toffee pudding!

My body is definitely getting used to this: I didn't even get a growl from my stomach today :)

Cxx

Wow well done on seeing the 56! (Although I don't work in kg so not sure what that is haha!) still sounds amazing :)

Actually just off to google to convert to stones...

Oh my goodness! - 8stone 12lbs?!?! That's a number I can only dream of! Wow wee! Fabulous, you must be so chuffed! Xx

Nice one Caro!

You are the fasting champion! So glad it's all working for you and you are able to exercise around it too. :)

Sorry Leah, I'll include pounds next time! Thanks for converting for me, though :). Maybe after I've lived here long enough, pounds and stone will start to make sense...

Ah well, I haven't seen 56kg again, though: I've kept up the fasting, even squeezed in 2 days when I came back from camping, and now I'm back to my regular Monday/ Friday schedule. But it's getting colder and work is a bit stressful these days and for some reason my sweet tooth is really demanding attention! So I've got to get that under control pronto. Scales are around 57.5 (just over 9st) at the mo', and by the end of August I'd like to be firmly at or below 56 (8st8).

But I was over the moon to be able to wear my grey trousers to work last week - the ones that have been stubbornly too tight for months! (I had a lot of my clothes taken in after I lost my initial dukan weight, to make sure that I'd never let it creep back on again...)

Done one cycle for the week and I hope the rain will hold out so I can do 1 or 2 more!

Cx

Thanks Shelly! I did read somewhere that exercise at the end of your fast is really beneficial in terms of burning fat reserves, and I haven't ever felt weak while doing it. I also find that cycling to work when I've skipped breakfast helps to take away the hunger pangs. But I'm careful not to overdo it, though.

You really are tiny! There's nothing of you! I always walk to work on an empty stomach (well just a cuppa) cos I can never face food first thing! Well done for continuing with your plans x

Caro on your fast days, do you drink any thing except water? any coffee included please? I've taken your advice and gone onto pale & on day 10.. doing well so far but would like to give a little kick start to myself.

you're doing great & look tiny in your FB pics.
x

Thanks Suze, you're an angel xxx

I've had a mad week with work and haven't had much time to post. Managed my 2 fast days as usual (it's even easier when I'm busy!) but I've had massive sugar cravings the rest of the time and need to get things under control. Suspect it's totm too but hard to tell now I'm using mirena.

Anyways... My routine is pretty much like this: I try to eat my last meal around 6, 6:30pm, then nothing else that evening. The next morning I have a big mug of black coffee with sweetener (and some dukan caramel flavoring!) and lots of water. Lots of tea (herbal or Chinese, no milk) during the day as well as water and often a coke zero. And usually I'll have an effervescent vitamin tablet, either in the morning or around lunch time, to give me a boost. So not just water by any means. By lunch time I don't notice any hunger and then I'm off home and it's dinner time! And it does get easier and easier.

Good luck and let me know how it goes. What plan are you following?

Cxx

Thanks Jo, you are lovely and have inspired me all along! xx

Wish I felt tiny myself, but although I'd like to lose a little bit more to hit tw, I am already soooo much happier with my weight at the moment - hard to look back at a few months ago when nothing was fitting and I was so upset with myself for letting things slip.

I guess the lesson is that as bad as things might seem (and everyone has their own definition of what is 'bad' for them), you can make a change and see a difference just as quickly. As one of my favorite movie quotes goes, "Every passing minute is another chance to turn it all around." (vanilla sky)

Wishing you all an amazing, healthy weekend Cxx

Last edited:
Congrats on the loss.
I'm giving paleo a go. On week 3 and a small loss. I might have a go at the intermittent fasting, the way that you've organised your timings doesn't sound too bad.
xx

Good luck Suzie, and let me know how it goes.

I shouldn't say this just now you've started, but I'm feeling fat this week :-( Weight has crept up to 58 mark without me noticing, mainly due to overwork, relying on junk food, allowing my sweet tooth to get the better of me, and just not enough healthy eating on the non-fast days. And making excuses not to do exercise too.

So I'm reigning things in and making a bigger effort to eat healthily overall - since what's the point of canceling out the benefits of fasting by eating junk? I cycled twice this week and am going to get back into my three times a week routine from Monday, I'll be preparing salads, yoghurt and healthy snacks for work, and limiting my indulgences to one or two celebration meals a week. Tadaa!

Hope you're all having a great weekend, and watch this space for better news next week!

Cxx

Restart day 1:
Successful fast day which ended at 7:15pm with a bowl of veg soup with meatballs.
Cycled to work too, so off to a good start.
I need to quickly get back to where I was a few weeks ago, so I'm planning an extra fast day or else a couple of pp days this week.
Countdown to beach/ sailing holiday: 1 month!
May need some help from Sean at this point...

Night night all Cx

Hooray! Scales on 57.6 this morning and I'm on an extra fast day today to try and get back on track quickly. Wanted to cycle and was in my gear and everything, but then remembered I have errands to run before and after work. I still have tomorrow and Friday, though.

Also need to do some shopping for a fitbit!

Happy hump day!

Cx

Ooh! I want a fitbit too!!

Now I'm done with Shaun, I feel like I'm at a bit of a loss! Planning a half Marathon next month, so that should keep me focused, but I miss him - and Tanya too ;)

Him, didn't know they did scales too: thanks for the tip!

Shelly, how can you be done with Shaun? That's very fickle of you... :)

Hello! I thought you might we the best person to answer this.. But don't worry if not I'll keep searching!
Ketosis! Am I meant to be in it all the time on dukan and what gets me into it or knocks me out? I've got the sticks which have never told me I'm in even last time when I was loosing every week?! Do I need to watch this or is there no way to tell?! Xxx

Jo!!! I think this is one for you to answer :)

Mad, I can't really say for sure, I'm afraid. I never paid too much attention to this although some people think it's really important. As a general guide, I think you need to be under 40 or 50g of carbs per day to stay in keto, possibly even less (you could track this in my fitness pal, but who has the time??). From what I remember, the main benefits of being in keto are less sugar cravings, and staying in high metabolism/ fat-burning mode.

Since few of us have time to track our food intake or pee on ketostix, I think it's enough to just be careful about overall carbs: read ALL labels (don't trust anything that says 'lite' or 'low fat'!), watch your overall dairy, etc.

And now I'll pass you over to the experts (or Wikipedia!)

Cx

Back