DukannotsoFatty's Recipe Book

DNSF, you posted somewhere that you make a BBQ meatloaf??? xx

I'll find the recipe and put it up hun...somewhere on my pooter LOL

Barbecue Meat Loaf
(this recipe was from my Mum who got it from Key Ingredient site. Adapted for Dukan.

Ingredients
•400g Minced beef, extra lean (raw)
•1/2 chopped onion
1 tablespoon Oatbran
•1/3 cup barbecue sauce, divided (separate recipe)
•1 tablespoon prepared mustard
•1/2 teaspoons chili powder
•1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
•1/4 teaspoon salt
•1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
•1 large egg
•Cooking spray

Directions

Preheat oven to 350°.

Combine the beef, oatbran and onion, 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce, and remaining ingredients except cooking spray in a large bowl.

Shape meat mixture into a 9 x 5-inch loaf and put in a loaf tin coated with cooking spray. Spread remaining barbecue sauce over top of meat loaf. Bake at 160° for 1 hour.
Let stand 10 minutes. I cut mine into two halves and freeze one.

I only put half the bbq sauce on the top of the meatloaf and then use the rest to eat with the meatloaf itself. Its also nice with chilli sauce.

I'll find BBQ sauce recipe and put that up in a min.

BBQ sauce

I think this recipe is actually off here somewhere, but I don't know who posted it up. Please, if it was you can you claim it please so we can say thanks xxx

100ml diet coke
1 tbsp reduced sugar & salt tomato ketchup (I actually use passata)
2 tsp sweetner
Dash Worcestershire sauce
Dash red wine vinegar or balsamic vinegar
Salt & pepper to taste
1/2 tsp cornflour (tolerated item)

Mix the cornflour with a little of the cola in cup.
Add all other ingredients to either a jug or small saucepan.
Add the cornflour liquid and heat for 5 minutes until thick and bubbling. If using a jug, microwave for 3 minutes until thick and bubbling.

It doesn't thicken up too much, its still quite runny, but not coke liquid runny LOL, nice hot or cold.

Just a quick note....I use passata in this and other things, I find it easier to freeze the tub in ice cube trays and then just defrost a couple of cubes at a time, usually 2 cubes is one tablespoon. Once its defrosted give it a good stir.

Back