Easter (10th April).. anyone fancy a challenge?

lose 5 pounts this week! stoked!

Becky -35lbs
Purple Hugs - 35lbs
Sarette - 35lbs
Cat Bee - 36lbs - 4lbs lost
Junika - 35lbs - 4lbs lost
Miss_unknown - 35lbs
Yummy Mummy xx -35lb
Catssseyes - 35lb
georgie12345-34lb- 2lbs lost this week
For Me This Time - 35lb - 7lb Lost :happy096:
Kellybeeb - 27lb
Biltsy -35lb - 6lb lost :D:D
loved-up - 35lb - 9.5lb lost:character00100:
Goosey - 30lb
Angel1974 - 28lb - 4lb lost :D:D
Berryred - 33lb -5lb lost :D:bliss:
Mum Of 4 Boys - 35lb
MrsDannyDyer - 42lb
Louie - 30
Change35 - 42lb
quizzicalgrrl - 33lb
stoshy - 33lb
Eyeontheprize - 36lb -5lb lost :p
Fraggle - 35lbs

5lbs, that's fantastic, well done you! I'm going to be aiming for 5 this week - have just realised the my holiday is coming around quicker than I thought it would, so I now have the 'fear factor' pushing me along too, want to be happy with my holiday photos for once.

So, in the spirit of general nosiness, what motivates everyone else?

What motivate's us

5lbs, that's fantastic, well done you! I'm going to be aiming for 5 this week - have just realised the my holiday is coming around quicker than I thought it would, so I now have the 'fear factor' pushing me along too, want to be happy with my holiday photos for once.

So, in the spirit of general nosiness, what motivates everyone else?

me i'm motivated the same as you 'photo's' been this weight for over two years due to illness:cry:, fine and fit now:D, so this is the year to lose it and a bit more aswell:p..... over 10years since i weighed 10 stone i can't wait yipeeee;)

Hi Purplehugs, I would really be up for the challenge, had my first weigh in Mon lost 10lbs! still gobsmacked! I started at 16.9 and weighed in at 15.12! thats 11 not 10 is'nt it? It was so traumatic think I put my poor CDC off and she could'nt count! Anyway I would love to join you, but am useless, as you can see I have hardly added anything on here and not sure how to cut and paste! help please x

I have a few things that motivate me. designer jeans! amazing leather jackets, not catching a glimpse of myself and thinking i look like a cave troll etc.

but really for the first time in my life i want to love my body. i dont want to look in the mirror and think ''well you look ok from the neck up but dont even bother with the neck down!''

also my little sister is 11 and i want to be a better role model for her and have more confidence to do more things!

Is it too late to join? I would love to have shifted my last stubborn 11lbs by Easter. I know it may not sound like much, but I'm on 810 now and the losses are very slow so this could be the ideal thing to keep me motivated X x x

Eyesontheprize - you are similar to me......I was 19.1 two weeks ago and am 17.10 now. (I also do not want to look like a cave troll......hehe) Good Luck All!!

Can i join the challenge??

Becky -35lbs
Purple Hugs - 35lbs
Sarette - 35lbs
Miss_unknown - 35lbs
Yummy Mummy xx -35lb
Catssseyes - 35lb
Kellybeeb - 27lb
Goosey - 30lb
Mum Of 4 Boys - 35lb
MrsDannyDyer - 42lb
Louie - 30
Change35 - 42lb
quizzicalgrrl - 33lb
stoshy - 33lb
Fraggle - 35lbs
Reggiesmum - 35lb :)

Hi Julie

I've added your (incredible!!) loss to the list, assumed you were going for the 35lb total loss, but you can change that as you want.
For your info, to copy and paste you need to highlight the section of text you want to copy, right click on the mouse (while the cursor is over the highlighted bit) and select 'copy'. Then start writing your new message, right click and select 'paste', and voila!

Becky -35lbs
Purple Hugs - 35lbs
Sarette - 35lbs
Miss_unknown - 35lbs
Yummy Mummy xx -35lb
Catssseyes - 35lb
Kellybeeb - 27lb
Goosey - 30lb
Mum Of 4 Boys - 35lb
MrsDannyDyer - 42lb
Louie - 30
Change35 - 42lb
quizzicalgrrl - 33lb
stoshy - 33lb
Fraggle - 35lbs
Julieh - 35lb - 11lb lost :D

Is it too late to join? I would love to have shifted my last stubborn 11lbs by Easter. I know it may not sound like much, but I'm on 810 now and the losses are very slow so this could be the ideal thing to keep me motivated X x x

this is for anyone who wants to keep motivated, just copy and paste and add yours or ask purple to do it good luck

Thanks all for keeping the thread up! :D

Well done eyeontheprize that's a great loss!! :) and Julie too!! :happy096:

All welcome Jen feel free to add yourself :)

Am looking forward to weighing tomorrow morning - will see my CDC in the evening but wasn't sure how to 'do' the change over.. so thought if I weigh myself as normal and then see how the CDC compares. :)

Motivation for me, is back ache.. want to lesson it, and my pony. he's three this year and ready for backing up to the age of 4.. later the better really. BUT.. i'm too heavy at the moment for him, and also GP keeps warning me not to ride, I've gained another stone since I stopped riding last summer. :( Am still doing karate and swimming but can't seem to shift it. So.. here I am to kick my own butt, see if I can help myself physically and get to ride again (something I love). :) If I really can't ride I'm going to be faced with selling my pony as he is so young it's unfair to keep him forever and not work him. :(

Also.. photos! Realised in a recent look through some old and new pics how awful I look again and how GREAT I looked when I was lighter. so... that's about it! for now! lol

My motivation is my pony too, although he's getting on a bit (26), my mum, sister and kids ride him. I worry that if I got him i would hurt him, so I am desperate to loose the weight. My other motivation is that I qualify as a nurse in 3 weeks and I have realised that what right have I to discuss health promotion with my patients when I have a serious health issue.
And of course I just hate looking at myself in the mirror!

Louie - he's still a whipper snapper! lol I stabled my lads (I had another till last summer) with a women in her 70's.. her 'foal' was 35!!! lol we joked as I was 35 when I got Thunder as a foal :) she said she'll look down on me from heaven when I'm 70 and still mucking out for him! :)

Congrats on finishing your nursing degree - or almost. :) I once had a nurse give me a peptalk who must've had a higher bmi than me.. honestly I did walk out of there grumbling about her in my head.. so can totally see your point. :D Work will challenge your eating too later on, so good habits to be formed there I'm sure. ;) I looked at going into nursing a few years back but the shifts were what put me off till the kids are older. I'd love to go into oncology as my mum fought cancer from a young age, my sister and I have annual screening for breast cancer and the nurses were amazing with my mum. :) And the Dr's in fairness.

Good luck with tonights weigh in! :)

I think he still thinks he's a baby! Honestly, I rode him last year and it was like he remembered all the crazy things we did when I was a teenager. He was trying to get his head down and fly buck, mum said the brains willing but the body can't. Thank you purple hugs for your kind words about my nursing, I still can't believe that it's nearly finished.

I have a job in the community, I opted for that because the hours are so much better - no lates, no nights and one weekend in 4! So I can still be a mum too! I also love community because it's very special the rapport you can build with families and patients. I love being able to give one person my attention compared to on the wards where you're constantly feeling that there is no time to do the basics or spend any quality time with an individual. ;)

Louie, your lad sounds funny as you say brain is willing.. body isn't goodness I know how he feels! lol How lovely that you have him still after your teen years - so many don't keep them do they. This is part of my dilemma with my lad. My GP has told me not to ride anymore and dissaproves of me even leading him (even though he knows better than to pull me), but i bought him for me, I was riding 3 or 4 times a week jumping every week, now that he's ready to be backed I'm not 'supposed' to back him.. hmm... am hoping weight loss in the next 12 months will make it so I can back him and get back to at least pleasure riding. :) We'll see.. fingers x'd. :)

Your community nursing sounds ideal :) especially given the family and all. It's funny I think being a mum would help in being a nurse, yet being a nurse involves shifts not many mums would want to do! lol

Hi all easter challengers, I lost 12lb in my first week. Have copied and pasted the list sorry if i have cut anyone out.

Becky -35lbs
Purple Hugs - 35lbs
Sarette - 35lbs
Miss_unknown - 35lbs
Yummy Mummy xx -35lb
Catssseyes - 35lb
Kellybeeb - 27lb
Goosey - 30lb
Mum Of 4 Boys - 35lb
MrsDannyDyer - 42lb
Louie - 30lb - 12lb lost
Change35 - 42lb
quizzicalgrrl - 33lb
stoshy - 33lb
Fraggle - 35lbs

You missed a smilie face there next to your losses!! Truly amazing! :) :talk017: Really chuffed for you! :)

Becky -35lbs
Purple Hugs - 35lbs - 6lbs lost :scale:
Sarette - 35lbs
Miss_unknown - 35lbs
Yummy Mummy xx -35lb
Catssseyes - 35lb
Kellybeeb - 27lb
Goosey - 30lb
Mum Of 4 Boys - 35lb
MrsDannyDyer - 42lb
Louie - 30lb - 12lb lost
Change35 - 42lb
quizzicalgrrl - 33lb
stoshy - 33lb
Fraggle - 35lbs

Added my loss of 6lb!!! really am chuffed a great start considering it's on SlimFast :) can't wait to see my CDC tonight now.. motivation :) nothing like weight loss for it!!

Well done 6lbs is fantastic with slim fast. :happy096:

well done to everyone! i love the CD, i lost 1 and a half stone earlier last year with weight watchers but it took me 3 months! i have lost 16 pounds in 2 weeks, love it! feeling very positive today lol

Back