Eating after Dark...?

Labour saving devices, love em!!!

I have to say, I walk as much as possible. I'll be walking too work shortly, 15 mins there and 15 mins back with a buggy too...up hill!!! Love my car, but I'd hate myself if I didn't walk too work! Except when it's raining of course, I might melt!!!

I know with Go Lower you don't have to exercise, but exercise is still good for you and maybe if I'm lucky it may tone up some of the flab that is left behind!!

xx

Thanks Happy - I'm totally fine now, diabetes disappeared after birth. But I do have to have yearly checks, and I've been advised to lose weight so it doesn't come back as I get older.

I do still get the munchies in the evenings - I just have to try hard to resist them!

Thanks Happy - I'm totally fine now, diabetes disappeared after birth. But I do have to have yearly checks, and I've been advised to lose weight so it doesn't come back as I get older.

I do still get the munchies in the evenings - I just have to try hard to resist them!

What do you do to resist the munchies in the evening? I know with Go Lower I have my snacks and being in ketosis I'm not hungry, but evening munching is still a bit of a problem...what to do...People have told me hobbies etc...

xx

Happy

I do have a short walk when I drop the boys at school and I do not get out of breath like I used to before being on Go Lower and that is because of the weight loss.

Wednesday morning I am back into that walk as I haven't done it for a month......

Rachel
I am so glad you are over the diabetes. I know sometimes even after the birth it can stay with you.

If I feel the urge of an evening I call my friends as that way I can't eat because there is nothing worse than hearing someone munching down the phone.

If it is late I call the States or even the in-laws in NZ. We pay monthly to have cheap international calls so I may as well make use of it.

Happy
it works for me, but then I am a chatterbox.

Nearly two hours on the phone last night to my best friend who moved miles away..... and it was her phone bill.

She asked me all about Go Lower and was really proud of me when I told her how well I was doing. It is so nice when you get that boost from someone else.

Free calls? Is that local or national? It sounds a good deal, who is it with? I have free local calls and that is it.

Oooh - talking on the phone is a great idea!

So far to try to resist the dreaded munchies I've been knitting! Keeps my hands busy so I can't eat. I just generally try to keep busy, but I'm doing Slimfast and i save one of my 100cal snacks for the evening, and I always have a packet of crisps - usually Walkers Baked. They're lovely, and i get that salty, crunchy treat that I like, but I'm not munching a whole bag of kettle chips or pringles like I used to.

Knitting is a really good idea - not done that since I was a kid at school. My granny would be so pleased! But you're right, it does keep your hands busy. May have to take that up!

Suzy - I'm with Virgin. We get all national and local calls, not mobiles, for free and we get our broadband, tv (XL package) and phone all for the grand total of £35 per month! It suits us as our family are all over the uk.

xx

Hi Happy

I'm also with Virgin so I'll have to speak to them as if I call my friends out of our local area it costs me more to speak to someone in the UK than it does to speak to New Zealand.

Knitting...... I could knit but I could never cast on or cast of so I guess I will give that one a miss.

Rachel

on Go Lower they do supply a kind of bacon crisp snack but I don't eat mine anymore as I don't feel the urge to eat crisps. I used to be the same with the Pringles.......

Happy, I will call Virgin, so thanks for letting me know.

I also prefer my Go Lower chocolate treats, although I don't always want them but I do enjoy them when I eat them, the raspberries are my favourite!

I would never have believed before starting Go Lower that I could have chocolate treats in the house and not want to at them. How things have changed for me!

I think, like you a part of it may be knowing they are there if I do feel the urge.

Happy

My "just because" was because it was there. It it wasn't in the house I was fine most of the time. Although sometimes I would go and buy what we called fun food which was crisps and chocolates etc and start munching.

The OH would still have some of his left a few days later where as mine would all be eaten in one evening!

Another thank you again to Go Lower from me as I have changed my habits so much I never thought it was possible.

We always have crisps in the house as hubby always takes a packet to work in his packed lunch and now I do not eat them. Before Go Lower, quite often I would have one or two packets of an evening.

Suzy, it's funny what you say...I never thought it was possible to not want food in the evenings. My habits have definitely changed for the better thanks to Go Lower, but because the kids and my OH have a nosh, especially the OH thats when I find it difficult. Thankfully I do have my Go Lower 'naughty food' as I like to call it. Don't know how I would survive without it. I know I'm not hungry, but guess I've still got that greedy thing going....all I can say is that I am soooo much better than I used to be.

xx

Happy

when you think how much better you are now you are on Go Lower in a realtively short space of time just imagine how you can change your habits even more by the time you reach target!

Does that make sense? It does to me.

Each week I eat less and less of the Go Lower snack food and I can't even rememebr when I last ate the bacon crisps things as I just don't feel the need for crisps or their substitutes anymore!

I think my habits are changing for the better, but perhaps weirdly enough, I don't want to admit that they have changed. I know that sounds strange, but as I still don't see thin me yet, I still want the idea of snacks even if I don't always eat them. I hope that makes sense because I know that sounds really strange...

I often now will eat a piece of fruit which I never used to do....talk about having 5 a day - lets make that 10-15 a day!!!

xx

I think what you are saying kinda makes sense!!

I know my habits have changed drastically since I started Go Lower whereas I have never been able to stick to a diet before as well as I am now.

Maybe it is because I know I have the chocolate snacks if I really want them and in the past I would have a Wispa or something and then crisps etc because I thought well I have cheated so now lets make the cheating really worthwhile!

With the Go Lower chocolate treats I know I am not breaking my diet.

I won't give up my Go Lower treats and snacks as I like to know they are there if I feel I need them.

I think you've hit the nail on the head - knowing the snacks are there makes it easier, but knowing that we are allowed them and therefore not breaking any rules as such means that actually I don't need to have them as I used to think I needed them, but if I do have them it doesn't matter!

As you said, if I broke the rules of my diet, you might as well break them proper and eat everything, whilst on Go Lower, we are not breaking the rules so don't over indulge or gorge on food. It's all beginning to make more sense!

xx

Back