Eating after Dark...?

Happy

You have got exactly what I was trying to say.

If I have my Go Lower chocolate I do not have that guilty feeling thinking what have I done as I am still sticking to the diet.

No, still not called Virgin. there always seem to be so many things to do I forget to do the important things, like saving money!!!

Good girl that I am was just thinking I fancy something different for lunch and went into the cafe at work. I saw boiled eggs and asked if I could buy one on its own and they said yes.

I have just eaten it and really enjoyed it and I have still stuck to the Go Lower diet.

They shouldn't have had a bowl of boiled eggs just looking at me if they didn't want me to buy one!

It tasted lovely and hubby boiled one for me for work today and I didn't see it in the fridge so I may have that with my Go Lower meal later. Really quick and easy!

Happy,

I think you got my tone of voice wrong as I was joking about the fact they "shouldn't have had this bowl of boiled eggs". It really was like they were calling out to me "Buy me!"

At least I know I can buy them anytime, although I will try not to get them at work to often as I spent nearly a pound buying one and we have ex-battery chickens at home that still lay......

I am sure they thought I was mad making that request but they do know I am on a diet as I stopped going in there everyday for sandwiches.

Yes Happy.... bizarre I know. I have the freshest free eggs at home and I had to go and buy one for lunch that day!

It is great that I can eat eggs on Go Lower as it saves me even more money. That reminds me I need to go and check shortly how many eggs we have got today.

I had one of OUR eggs today with my lunch and they do taste better than the one I got in the cafe last week.

How many does your cousin have?

You really are lucky to have fresh eggs - they taste so much better..

My cousin has about 15/20 chickens at the moment. They did have more but a fox got a load of new ones they had just got :-( ...All are ex-battery. We love going to visit to see the family of course, but also to get the fresh eggs. I can't eat too many eggs as they don't agree with me - but I do find the fresher the better!

xx

oh wow, you have your own chickens thats great, i really want my own chicks, and piggies, but we just dont have a big enough garden.
Fresh eggs would be lovely eveyday:)

I forgot to say, that i thought that you werent supposed to eat late in the evening, but another friend of mine who is doing another diet said she was told thats not true. It all depends on your total calorie intake in the day, but in not so sure??
I know its not good for your body to eat late epecially if your going to bed soon after as your going to be laying on a full tummy and that cannot be good for digestion surely??

Isabel

because Go Lower is not based on calories I don't know if the same applies. I just try to eat at a sensible time as then if I fancy one of my Go Lower chocolate snacks in the evening I can really enjoy it. Foe me there is nothing worse than forcing myself to eat the chocolate when I have just eaten and I feel full.

We don't have a large garden and the hens are in a pen attached to a shed. We let them free range only when we are in the garden because of foxes. I have heard to many stories of how quick the foxes are. even with high fences.....

Happy your cousins have a lot of hens...... we don't have the room for that many!

Eggs sometimes disagree with me but I enjoy them too much to give them up!

I've heard loads of stories about eating in the evenings.....some say yes, some say no - that's why I started the thread - to see what's true/not true - still don't know. Never mind - good chats though!

My cousins have a smallish house, but loads of land. A field with horses, sheep (6 or 7), large dogs and all the hens and ducks. Until not too long ago they also had a goat and a pot belly pig, but they unfortunately died of old age, not like some of the new hens who were recently killed by a fox. I wish we had room for 1 chicken, but like Isabel we only have a small garden so get our fix when we visit!

xx

Happy

you may be surprised how little room you need for a couple of hens.

It is great as I can eat eggs on Go Lower and I get them for free!

Happy

My two boys are like yours, totally different in so many ways and yet in others exactly the same and they are both the same sex.

Going back to our chicken discussion, one will let them try to peck his feet whereas the other one runs away when they get too close.

By the way, hens only have two legs......................

I've heard so many different things on this topic, I'm not sure what to believe. lol

Yes Happy
I did know what you mean..... I just couldn't resit it.......

You know what they say about little things and little minds well sometimes I just like to chuckle to myself over silly little things. Anyone else that saw me laughing would think I have lost it and some days they are probably not too far of the mark.

Hi, I can't be Tamed

As with lots of the threads on here you will here different opinions and you just need to decide what you think. I am sure a doctor would tell us what we should and shouldn't do but I also think it may be down to the individual.

I personally don't like to eat late but then I have my reasons. I really enjoy my Go Lower snack in the evenings and I want to enjoy that totally separately to my meal so I eat at a sensible time for me.

Back