Eating all you points.... should you? Shouldnt you?

Thats exactly the way to do it WMBB, people tend to think eating their points means more food but it doesnt have to. The same people who are saying they cant eat any more are probably eating low point bread, yoghurt meals etc.

Someone posted their food diary here a while back and by substituting things she had eaten with identical items only higher pointed things we increased her points by 9!!! Its all about making sensible choices

and i loooooooooooove normal bread.... i think if i had carried on with low point bread i would have had a bread binge sooner or later coz its just not the same lol

Haha, the WW bread is kind of see thru!

I'm fairly new to this - still on fast start, but am totally obsessed with buying all WW stuff as I can see the points clearly... do find that I eat soo much though!

Can I clarify 1 thing (sorry if its already been answered elsewhere) do you HAVE to eat points earned from the gym? I know theres a max you can eat per week... but can you just not count them at all?

You dont HAVE to eat your activity points no :)

A lot of supermarket own ranges have WW points on them.. Tesco, Sainsbury & Morrisons do and you tend to find their meals are more substantial. If youre eating 'too much' go for higher point options of the same foods

WW bread is rubbish for toasting but Kingsmill Crustless 50/50 is the same points wise but toasts brilliantly :)

Oh brill, I'll look out for the meals in the supermarkets then - didn't realise they were 'pointed'! I find it so much easier to know for def what I'm eating points-wise at the moment, so that's really useful.

And thanks for the heads up on the Kingsmill bread - def going to get some of that! You gotta have the toast!! :D

M&S point their Count On Us range too, I had a double choc sundae last night for 3 pts, it was really really tasty and very decadent!

I eat ALL my points eventually during the week, as I save for the weekend but believe me, come Sun eve there is not a point left! I am on a lot of pts (30) but I am just enjoying having the odd choc bar, crisps, nice bread etc. Why eat less, your points will only be cut down in time! Plus I feel this way I am learning how to work treats into my normal eating day, something I can maintain in the future. If I cut my points way down and didn't use them I know I would fall off the wagon somewhere!

Just my two pence worth :D

Last edited:
I have just started weight watchers last week and I lost 3 and a half pounds in my first week.This is my second week and I have fell off the wagon a wee bit.So I am a bit scared about my weigh in tomorrow. I never use up my points allowance but it is good to have the extra there if you would need it.

Sorry to hijack this thread but the exercise i am doing to help combat the weightloss is aqua aerobics which i really enjoy but is very hard.Does anyone have any suggestions to what other exercise i could do which is as enjoyable as swimming?

i am supposed to eat 22 points a day but this week i am doing the fast start and i have been really struggling to eat all of my points per day. been using 2 points on skimmed milk the rest on the likes of chicken and salad for evening meal. the other night i ate 2 WW puddings to use all my points I have banked 6 so far this week??? people say you should eat them or your body thinks its been starved is this true? hard to eat them al when a lot of veg is 0 points. :confused:

i am supposed to eat 22 points a day but this week i am doing the fast start and i have been really struggling to eat all of my points per day. been using 2 points on skimmed milk the rest on the likes of chicken and salad for evening meal. the other night i ate 2 WW puddings to use all my points I have banked 6 so far this week??? people say you should eat them or your body thinks its been starved is this true? hard to eat them al when a lot of veg is 0 points. :confused:

Hi I used to at first struggle to eat them all but it's not that it's hard to eat 22 points take a average Easter egg that's 22 points :/ it's mentally not wanting them as we think we will sts or gain but I now have a slightly larger portion of rice or new potatoes or chicken etc, I have found over the weeks it gets harder at times to stay in my points but have just said what's the point, I used to think don't have them all as I'll lose Quicker but I didn't
I do admit to worrying if I have them all and I've mispointed something I then go over accidentally, anyone else have this? That's another really good reason to exercise for AP I never use them but they are there invade I miscounted lol think I'm abit ww mad hahaha :) xx

I do admit to worrying if I have them all and I've mispointed something I then go over accidentally, anyone else have this? That's another really good reason to exercise for AP I never use them but they are there invade I miscounted lol think I'm abit ww mad hahaha :) xx

Hi size 102b,
I completely agree with you! Over the past few days and I know when I did WW before I have worried over whether or not I have pointed everything correctly! I am sure that alot of people on WW do the same. I am gaining AP's through exercise so same as you with regard to having these to fall back on if indeed I have miscounted!

Sharkbait1983 x
:p:p:p

Reading through this whole topic, I find it hard to see how people can't use all there point.

I too struggle to stay within mine, but not because of I have so many left over, but because I could easily go over my points allocation for the week.

I have 20points a day, and try to save at least half that for the evening meal, as I know they will all get used, but that also leads me to another problem, am I denying myself enough points for breakfast or lunch...

Trouble is I love my carbs and even though I like veg (sweetcorn, peas, onions, carrots, peppers, mushrooms), I'm not a big fan of salads - you know lettuce, beetroot etc.

If only I could find someone to make all my meals for me lol

i'm on 19 and struggle to eat them all i'm eating more than i ever did and dont need to fill up on 0 points foods anymore,,have asked the leader do i need to use them all and she said no,,i can save them towards my weight loss but just not go under 16

im on 19 too, but i for the first few weeks i have struggled to stay within them, i guess its all about finding the right balance with your foods though, im beginning to see where ive been going wrong, im ok with a light lunch, but like a more filling breakfast to keep me going (oats so simple) and find i get pekish about 9ish, since i have a weird sleep pattern, and know i dont get enough usually going to bed about 2ish and getting up at 7ish i think its a mix of boredom and seeing my OH scoff mountains of biscuits and donuts lol. so im trying to go to bed earlier, and choose light snacks, low point WW biscuits etc. i wish i like jelly though lol!

lol-thats what i feel like somedays too-yesterday i missed lunch as i was super nusy, then i felt like i was eating loads a bit later on, i was just trying to use me points-im sure i could see my OH looking at me as if to say....arnt you ment to be on a diet?........lol

Back