Eating all you points.... should you? Shouldnt you?

hey bear1982,

just been reading this thread & im also fairly new to weight watchers too. noticed in your last post you said about earning 5 extra points 3 times a week. a couple of days back i came across a post that said an old weight watchers rule was that you shouldnt eat over 12 activity points a week. not sure how true that it is, all depends on what works for you doesnt it really! just though id let you know though :) x

yes it was that you shouldnt eat more than 12 ap's in a week but i'm sure someone said they have changed that now

Hey

I've actually never eaten my AP's I just put them in the bank. I struggle to eat 29 points a day, never mind adding any more! Just like doing the exercise as it makes me feel better. Thanks for letting me know thought, I didn't know that! Just aswell I wasn't eating them!!! x

I'm having a real hard time eating all my points :( I'm on 29 which seems HUGE!!

I end up having about 8 left each day but I feel kinda guilty forcing myself to use them up on the likes of a chocolate bar :p

Does anyone know roughly how many points I should be splitting between breakfast, lunch and dinner?

At the moment, I'm only having 3 for breakfast but I don't know how to up it anymore (I have cereal and semi skimmed)

I might start adding some fruit of somekind to it :p will get my 5a day up too :p

Atm, I have either

30g of cheerios (2) with semi-skimmed milk (1) - 3
-or-
2 slices of normal toast (3) with butter (1) and sometimes a minipot of philli cheese (1) - 4 or 5

D'ya think I should be having more at breakfast? Lunch is about 10 and dinner about 7 :S

Problem is I have lots of 0point veggies with all my meals - sunday dinner costs me next to nothing as only the meat, potato and gravy is pointed. And I have salad with my lunch and it all fills you up.

I feel kinda naughty having a chocolate bar just to use up points :p I've switched back to butter instead of flora supersuperlight! I think I'll start having more fruit. Grapes are 2 I think for a bunch :D

How many points are you on btw?

I'm on 24 atm. You can save 4 points if you want and maybe treat yourself to something naughty.

The thing to remember is if you have the points then why not spend them. I know it's strange to get your head round but you can have chocolate and lose weight. It really does work. The weeks where I've had all my points and done a bit more exercise I've lost more weight, so it works

You'll get there chick

xx

On average how many activity points should I use up? I usually do 1 hr sessions at the gym:
Mon - 4pts
Tue - 4pts
Wed - rest
Thu - 4pts
Fri - 4pts
Sat - 4pts
TOTAL - 20 points

Should I be eating all these points on top of my 23 daily allowance? I heard that you can only have 12? Why is this? It is all quite confusing! lol :D

Yep I've been told you should only eat 12APs but to be honest i don't know why. Do you go to class, if so maybe have a wee word with your class leader.

TBH I never eat my APs as I find I have enough to keep me going and plus I like to just keep them there.

Well done on earning all those Ap's tho, fab stuff

xx

Cheers hen, I think I will still go to gym Fri/Sat but not count the points and count the 12 during the week to use at the weekend lol. Sounds confusing but I know what I'm on about really.... :rolleyes: lol xx

sounds like a good plan ;) i got to the gym and that too so build up quite a few APs during the week, but i tend not to use them, then at the weekend use about a months worth! lol x

I get a few APs from gymming and swimming everyday :D I've yet to eat them though.. I guess it's all up to the person.

I'm saving my points for a 21st birthday party at the weekend...lots of alcohol, fizzy drinks and buffet food :( I don't want to be constantly point counting throughout the night, so hopefully if i save at least 20 points I may be able to relax a little lol xxx

Was just wondering, when checking out how many calories your allowed a day from the Adult's Guideline Daily Amount, Women are allowed 2000 calories and 20g's sat fat a day? So when WW work out how many points your allowed a day, do they automatically work out the points so your eating less than the Guideline Daily Amount a day? ... I'm on 25 points, so does that mean if i use up all 25 points it's less than 2000 calories a day? I've been saving 2 points a day to make sure i lose weight... is that a bad thing to do? Thanks for any help :)

Was just wondering, when checking out how many calories your allowed a day from the Adult's Guideline Daily Amount, Women are allowed 2000 calories and 20g's sat fat a day? So when WW work out how many points your allowed a day, do they automatically work out the points so your eating less than the Guideline Daily Amount a day? ... I'm on 25 points, so does that mean if i use up all 25 points it's less than 2000 calories a day? I've been saving 2 points a day to make sure i lose weight... is that a bad thing to do? Thanks for any help :)

Hiya - if you are saving up your points and NOT eating them at the wkend - your body will get used to eating less points and when you come to lose your last section of weight you would then have to go to a rediculously low point total, which in turn is not possible to stick to (hope that makes sense!, I know what I mean but it's coming across difficuly to type!!!!)

Hopefully someone will explain better than me!

When i was in a weight watchers meeting a while back, this made me smile! A man who was obese had about 30 odd points a day i think and he was saying he was struggling to eat them all etc. and at the end of the day would often be left with about 10 points left over. Another lady shouted out "i'd get up in the middle of the night to eat if I had ten points left! " that did make me chuckle! she's totally right though, i always use my allowance especially as a late night treat when i'm feeling peckish after dinner. :D

i definitely needed to see that!!! had terrible last week of take aways and drinking as well as trying to keep my points down!!! (somehow still managed to lose weight!) but am getting into the right frame of mind and gonna stop denying myself points that i can have without terrible consequences! xx

I have a real sweet tooth, and I like to pick at food on and off through the day, and I think that's why when I have tried other diets they haven't worked in the way that WW has. I make sure I use my points, and always include a nice hot chocolate and a curly wurly or Dip Dab in the evening. It keeps me on the straight and narrow during the day, knowing I have something extra sweet to look forward to in the evening, and uses up those last two or three points that I wouldn't really need.:D

Back