Eating breakfast makes me want more food!!

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by st2826, 7 April 2011 Social URL.

1. st2826

st2826 Full Member

I rarely eat breakfast, i'm not normally hungry untill 11 or 12 but this last week i've been eating breakfast everyday at around 8-ish (a bowl of all-bran, semi skimmed milk and half a banana chopped in) yet by 12 I'm absolutely starving, all i can think about is food!!!!

Does anyone else get this?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. katty

katty Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st6lb
    Current Weight:
    14st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    i never used to eat breakfast either until i started slimming world. a 4 hour gap between meals is fine and my body is also hungry by 12, sometimes earlier, i usually have a mid morning snack, like a hifi bar or some fruit to put me on til lunch time.
    its normal for our bodies to have a regular eating pattern, its the healthiest way to lose weight or keep weight off. :)

4. rootsfran

rootsfran Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st4.0lb
    Current Weight:
    10st3.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st4lb
    Lost(%):
    6st0.5lb(37.06%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I have this problem, once I start eating it is so hard to stop.

I have been trying not to have any hex till later on in the day, had bacon and scrambled egg and beans yest but blew it today, had a wholemeal pitta (co-op) now got to have free stuff all day and no alpen lights unless synned.

5. Beckyftwx

Beckyftwx Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(6.92%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Yeah but 12 is a normal time to eat after breakfast? Nowt wrong with that I always have my brekkie at half 8 and have my lunch at 12, sometimes as early at 11.

6. st2826

st2826 Full Member

Thing is i start to get hungry way before then, by 10 I'm thinking about food and by 12 I'm going insane!!

7. Mrscush

Mrscush Woman on a mission!

Start Weight:
    11st9lb
    Current Weight:
    11st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st2lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Its because the breakfast has kick started your metabolism!

My Personal trainer explained it to me that breakfast - is exactly what it says 'break fast' - so as you havent prob eaten for (say) 10 hours since dinner, you have technically been fasting - so your metabolism needs a kick to start working again. By re-fuelling in the morning, and breaking the fast - its like switching on the engine in your body.

HTH

8. Circes

Circes Strutting her stuff

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st5lb(41.2%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Nattymo is absolutely right - and it is not a bad thing! It is normal and good as it is a sign that your body is burning calories. I eat every three hours or so across the whole day.

9. jessie15

jessie15 Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st9lb
    Current Weight:
    11st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st0lb(20.49%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I am exactly the same as you, but thanks to nattymo it all completely makes sense now!

10. rumbletummy

rumbletummy Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st5.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st9.5lb(13.54%)
    Totally agree with the breaking the fast logic. I usually have breakfast and then save my fruit for a snack when I'm hungry and then have lunch. I'm a big believer in feeding your body when you're truely hungry, so if you're hungry then eat, nothing wrong with that at all :)

11. Rubyx

Rubyx Member

Yes i agree with the above as well. However you keep it up and it will settle down. It's all part of our cavemen days instincts.

12. Shirleen

Shirleen Gold Member

Start Weight:
    21st12.5lb
    Current Weight:
    21st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8.5lb(2.77%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    It does wear off after a while though, well it has for me, but i find at the beginning of any 'plan' you become slightly obsessive with food, 'what can I have, when can I have it,' etc
    read the literature, read it again, then read it again, as you get to know the plan your thinking will fall into the pattern, and you won't be looking at your book thinking, can I have that?

13. Funky_Munky

Funky_Munky Put the kettle on

Start Weight:
    10st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    If youre hungry before lunch then eat!!! This is the great thing about sw you can actually eat what your body needs!!!!

14. cindersmcphee

cindersmcphee Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st2lb
    Current Weight:
    15st13.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2.5lb(1.11%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    I think half my problems with loosing weight is I dont eat regulary enough. I often can go 6 hours after I get up before I eat. It is one of my main goals to start eating breakfast and eating small amounts regulary when my body needs it.

15. siz

siz Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st10lb
    Current Weight:
    9st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st1lb(17.68%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I am exactly the same but i have started having something small coz otherwise it used to make me feel sick so i just have a banana then an alpen bar as mid morning snack which keeps me going

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.