Eating Too Much Thread!!

Huseyin

Silver Member
Ok so we see it constantly on here that people ask all the time if what they are eating is ok or too much

so i shall start

im having this at the moment

2 Protein meals (loads of salad)

Fromage frais with oninons 50 - 80g a day

dried fruit - figs, dates and bananas 120g
fruit with soya 130 - 150g

jelly (bowl)

now i feel like a serious pig eating all that but the dried fuit is too mmmmmmmm mmmmmmm hmmmmmm goooood

please put me out my misery somebody

also im having porridge and bar as im on week 7 and about to go week 8 on thursday... i always feel im gaining weight.

sounds ok to me but iam a couple weeks behind you

Hey H....I am rubbish with quanities as I used the size association....i.e. a peice of protein the size of my palm is generally 4 oz., etc., so not sure about the grams, but the choices all seem fine. Just be careful with dried fruit as it has a high concentrated amount of sugar, but I use it a lot too and have had no problems.

SOme days it does feel like I am eating massive amounts of food, yet week on week my weight is staying spot on now, only varying 1/2 a kg, whereas before it was wavering a kilo or two up or down. I seem to have found the balance that works for me, which is what its all about. But sounds like you are doing good!

Wondered where you'd been, youve gone awful quiet lately!! :D

x

Thanks BL, just been very busy with marking the kids work, we are in exam time and coursworks are due in, so any spare time i had is gone for the time being, but dont worry im about, will be more so in about 2 weeks when all the courswork is marked and submitted.

yes i missed you too :)

Like the ladies have said above me... keep an eye on the fruit and especially dry fruit! Have a look at the calories/sugar per 100g and judge it on that. Hopefully it's not the kind with any ADDED sugar on it! Lol, those really can catch people out. :D

aloha,
I've just started RTM and day two is pretty much done by now I'd say. Got extremely mixed feelings at the moment, on the one hand the first bite into my chicken yesterday was just divine- really savoured the taste, while my Mum laughed at me closing my eyes making dreamy noises lol!
However, I'm getting more and more anxious about putting the weight back on. I know they say a 'palm' sized portion of chicken and I'm confident that my sliver of chicken falls within that definition. But, how about the cottage cheese? how much should I be having? tried spacing out mouthfulls and really 'listening' to my belly to see if I'm full, which I did. But even if I'm just satisfactorily full, could I still be over eating?
I think panicky would definitely describe my current mood. any advice/tips would be extremely helpful!
(p.s. tomorrow is lettuce day, again, how much lettuce would the average person eat?)
Thank you! xx

Hi del

Well done on starting RTM!

It is very much guess work to start, adn I think we all felt the way you are feeling now.

Try to listen to your body, visually observe how much your outting in a dish. You will soon get used to what is the proper amount.

I generally followed the 4oz rule with protein, including cottage cheese.

It is a challenge nbot having portions told to us, but I think the intent is that we HAVE to learn to rely on ourselves for making good choices.

You can use a food tracker - I used sparkpeople.com, LS used another, and that is helpful if you are in doubt. You can enter a food and an amount and it calculates the calorie/fat/content, etc. Might be helpful for starting out?

Good luck!! Remeber this has a huge learning curve....so try not to stress too much. :)

x

Thank you both for your advice, I really appreciate the help. Also, apologies for the very late reply- been uber busy between work and my birthday (my very first sober one in years-was a suprisingly good night nonetheless). I'm gona definitely check out those websites, any portion/calorie guideline can only help! I'm a little bit more relaxed now, don't know if that's a good or bad thing (I'll see in my monday night weigh in lol!). I think what makes this quite difficult at first aswell is the fact that we're still in ketosis so there's really no physical hunger there in the first place, I've found that I just fancied eating whatever dish it is rather than actually needed it but I'm sure this wil change very soon!
Take care and thanks again,
del xx

Back