eBay

I bought a double buggy for a fiver lmao :) I also buy the little ones clothes bundles they keep us going for a good while. I've got bags & bags of kids clothes I might put in bundles and sell on there when i get my bottom in gear!!!

I got my computer desk for £7.50, my bookshelves for £5, my printer table for £6.00, some CD racks for £10 - all within five miles of home, so just short drives to pick them up.

I’ve had no luck with concert tickets on ebay, twice a friend backed out on giving me the money for her ticket at the last minute, and both times I made a loss on her ticket (having bought it a face value), and I certainly wouldn’t buy one. It infuriates me when I’ve been on the phone & online trying to buy tickets as they go live only to find they’ve sold out and are already on ebay. Makes me furious, and excludes people with a more modest budget IMO as they can afford to pay face value but not the stupid ebay prices. If this was the case when I was a kid I’d never have got to go to anything!

I used to sell a lot on eBay, but haven't done so lately, as the combination of increased eBay fees, Paypal fees and the ever increasing postage means that I end up selling something for very little :confused:

I've tried the risk of starting items at 99p, thus listed for free, some have ended at what I would have expected for them, others have simply sold for the starting price.

The selling rules for a lot of items are so tight on Ebay these days, that I'm surprised they haven't put a stop to the exorbitant prices tickets go for.

Face value only I say!!!

I had a heart stopping 15 mins trying to get one direction tickets when they went on sale, I did get 2 thankfully - I wouldn't dream of buying them to sell on!!

I used to sell a lot on eBay, but haven't done so lately, as the combination of increased eBay fees, Paypal fees and the ever increasing postage means that I end up selling something for very little :confused:

I've tried the risk of starting items at 99p, thus listed for free, some have ended at what I would have expected for them, others have simply sold for the starting price.

Exactly why I don't sell much these days!

The selling rules for a lot of items are so tight on Ebay these days, that I'm surprised they haven't put a stop to the exorbitant prices tickets go for.

Face value only I say!!!

I had a heart stopping 15 mins trying to get one direction tickets when they went on sale, I did get 2 thankfully - I wouldn't dream of buying them to sell on!!

Me too on the One Direction tickets!

I also agree, I have an ebay shop and postage has sky rocketed, i meant someone can buy something for £1.99 and have to pat £2.70 postage and technically you have to send it recorded to get your seller protection which is an extra 95p. so nearly £3.65 then your post and packing materials. since prices have gone up my sales have gone down and now having to look for a part time job to help me. i also agree, fee are 10% and then paypal take 5% if your a business seller so i also lose 15% and now i have put my old postage costs on i also lose 70p for every item i post.

now that iv just written this it makes me think why i am bothering lol.

I bid on a small table a little while ago, which started at 99p, and I was the only bidder. When I went to collect it, it was so nice that I felt a bit guilty and offered more, but the seller wouldn't take it.

jaylou said:

Face value only I say!!!

I had an excruciating 15 hours in a queue lol! I
Completely understand what you're saying that as a fan it's a pain in the backside when people do it but I have to admit its one aspect that I am totally selfish in. As long as my friends and family are sorted then what someone else chooses to pay isn't my priority :) I go to the effort of queuing for tickets and personally think that if others are desperate for tickets they will go to the same length.
I never expected to get as much money as I did for the one direction tickets, I started it low but within 2 hours someone had sent me a best offer of 500, if they're foolish enough to pay it id be foolish not to take it.

I really hope that doesn't come across as if I'm trying to start an argument I'm absolutely not and I fully understand and appreciate everyone else's view it just won't change mine, well until eBay change the rules on my ass lol!

I wouldn't queue for tickets - I logged onto ticketmaster the minute they went on sale and kept hitting refresh until I managed to get in......

My daughter was overjoyed and I heaved a sigh of relief.

I had an excruciating 15 hours in a queue lol! I
Completely understand what you're saying that as a fan it's a pain in the backside when people do it but I have to admit its one aspect that I am totally selfish in. As long as my friends and family are sorted then what someone else chooses to pay isn't my priority :) I go to the effort of queuing for tickets and personally think that if others are desperate for tickets they will go to the same length.
I never expected to get as much money as I did for the one direction tickets, I started it low but within 2 hours someone had sent me a best offer of 500, if they're foolish enough to pay it id be foolish not to take it.

I really hope that doesn't come across as if I'm trying to start an argument I'm absolutely not and I fully understand and appreciate everyone else's view it just won't change mine, well until eBay change the rules on my ass lol!

Well at least you are being honest about it but I wish ebay would change the rules on this as though some may choose to spend silly money there isn't a choice for those of us who can't afford to pay it.

omg i just bought a brand new with tags playsuit worth about £90 for £4.00!!
and this is why i love ebay xxxx

I love ebay for picking up dvds, especially tv series boxed sets, etc. I used to always buy them from Amazon but these days I keep a close eye on ebay to see if anythin gon my Amazon wish list is on for cheap, or at least cheaper than Amazon!

I also keep an eye out on there for Radley handbags... unfortunately they usually end up going for more than I am willing to pay but sometimes it pays to wait right until the very end, as I know with a couple of items I've been bidding on there has been a single 'private' listed bidder against me, and I swear half the time these people are friends of the person selling, just bidding to up the price and get others to bid over and above them. Cynical? Moi?

I've never sold anything on ebay though, but then other than clothes and books (which all go to charity shops) I rarely get rid of anything anyway!

Back