Edel's diary - just don't ask!

dellybelly

Silver Member
Hi Everyone,

I joined the site on Starlight's recommendation from the MSE website. and though I might keep an online diary through this forum.

I've been going to WW for the past 13 weeks and have lost a total of 8lbs. :rolleyes: I've had more weeks where I've STS than any single week of losses although I put a lot of blame on holding off doing the program properly until after an operation. Well, my operation was 3 weeks ago and happily I managed to maintain for the weeks I was ill (really happy about that). This week I have lost 1.5lbs - I'm totally over the moon since I didn't count a single point last week.

Starlight is there not a chart like the 2lb club on this forum? Does everyone keep their own record?

Sorry to have posted this on here, but I've no pm priviledges till I've posted some more.

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Edel.

so weird seeing my name at the end of a post lol. well done on ur losses so far delly!!

Thank you Delli (that seems so weird! lol). I've had a sneaky look at how you've been doing - well done! Here's hoping its the start of a new and successful chapter in my weightloss story.

The closest we have delly is our monthly challenge where you set your own target for the month and update the thread and I update the list of targets

However, that doesnt mean we cant start something else too... we're open to all ideas here ;)

Congrats on losing the 1.5! :D That's great! ;)

Thanks Lisa - I was quite surprised if I'm perfectly honest. I didn't count a single point last week although I started off with the best of intentions.:rolleyes: I think the fact that it was the week before payday and we didn't have a lot of cash helped:eek:. Having said that, payday was today and I've already had a little trip to Tesco's to pick up a few bits and pieces.... all can easily be counted into the points plan....Day one tomorrow.

The closest we have delly is our monthly challenge where you set your own target for the month and update the thread and I update the list of targets

However, that doesnt mean we cant start something else too... we're open to all ideas here ;)

Oh dear, I hope I didn't sound pushy or anything.:eek:. I guess I'm missing the chart on LW16. It's handy to see how everyone's doing on a weekly basis and very easy to update. Then again, if it ain't broke don't fix it.But if you like the idea, I'm happy to set it up if you 'd think anyone was interested????!!!!

Isnt it mad how the wi's go... I had a similar week to yours...several days off the points and hey presto a 4lb loss lol

Hope you have a great week this week

And get that diary started ;)

Yes Ma'am!
2vug1vb.gif

Yep, so much for the fresh starts - I've had 2 disasterous days. Yesterday was due to cirucmstances beyond my control and lack of planning, but today is completely my own fault. :break_diet:

Sorry, I should explain, I'm currently off work after having abdominal surgery 3 weeks ago so I've been sending my DS into creche everyday even though I'm off as I'm not fit to lift him and look after him properly yet. Besides, the creche take the money whether he's there or not and he has lots of fun and a few wee friends already - and gets better fed than I do!

I've had to keep DS home from creche today as he has tonsilitis (he's only 2) and I haven't had a minute to myself. I did quite well up until this afternoon. Because DS has a sore throat he can't really eat much so after coming back from the Doctor, I gave him a bowl of ice cream, when I put it in front of him he said "Mammy too!" - aww, well, you can imagine I had to after that. I served myself the teeniest wee serving of icecream in a bowl but it unleashed a monster and I wouldn't like to say what I've had to eat since then. DS is on antibiotics and is in good enough form so I'll be able to get him back into the creche tomorrow.

As everyone knows it's halloween today and it's a really big deal in my home town. There's a carnival and fireworks and everything ( we don't celebrate Guy Fawkes night). So I've had some treats in for the kids in our area coming around trick or treating, and managed to eat quite a bit this evening. OH wanted to relax after a busy day at work (he should try staying at home looking after a sick 2 year old!) so bought a bottle of bacardi and some nuts - of course I've had those too (not a full bottle of bacardi, just 2 home measures which we know is at least 2 doubles) whilst DS went to bed after the fireworks. I have written down in my food diary everything I've had to eat yesterday and today so that I'm not too disappointed with a gain on Monday night.

The long and the short of it is, It's only day 2 of this week and I'm wondering if I'll be able to pull back enough to get a maintain or even 0.5lb loss this week!. DS's birthday party is on Saturday but I'm planning on making sure that every single treat in the house goes away in party bags by 5pm.

I never thought I'd say this but I can't wait to get back to work in 2 weeks time and get back into a decent routine! Right, I'm climbing up on the wagon now. I've lots of healthy things I can eat and since I'm 3 weeks past my operation I'm allowed to take some gentle exercise. So, tomorrow's plans is housework in the morning in readiness for the party on Saturday (main party food shopping is on Friday - deliberately so that I wouldn't have too many treats around the house). Tomorrow afternoon I'll take my fluffy ginger pigdog for a walk for at least half an hour and try and save some points to try and claw back a sembalance of control!.

First things first, don't worry! We do have blips and when there's so much going on it can make it very difficult. Just pull back as many points as you can, don't worry if you can't cover them all, just do your best.
Hope you recover soon love, it must be very difficult not being able to pick up ds :( Hope he's better soon and enjoys his party on Sat.
You've had a very busy week, so don't beat yourself up! It's one of those things, you know where you've gone 'wrong' so you won't have too high expectations for your wi.
Enjoy your walk, I find I'm walking a lot more now that ds has started pre-school, it works out about an hours walk a day so that's 5 more hours than I was doing before!
xx
ps - your Halloween celebrations sound great! Wish they did that where I live :)

First things first, don't worry! We do have blips and when there's so much going on it can make it very difficult. Just pull back as many points as you can, don't worry if you can't cover them all, just do your best.
Hope you recover soon love, it must be very difficult not being able to pick up ds :( Hope he's better soon and enjoys his party on Sat.
You've had a very busy week, so don't beat yourself up! It's one of those things, you know where you've gone 'wrong' so you won't have too high expectations for your wi.
Enjoy your walk, I find I'm walking a lot more now that ds has started pre-school, it works out about an hours walk a day so that's 5 more hours than I was doing before!
xx
ps - your Halloween celebrations sound great! Wish they did that where I live :)

Thanks Nails, I sometimes think that we're all a lot easier on other people than we are on ourselves and often need to be reminded of that. I haven't managed to get out for my walk today but I'm not too stressed about it as I've spent literally all day doing housework (taking it really slowly!) but I do love to walk.

The good thing is, with all the housework finished today I'll definitely get out tomorrow

What a weekend! Friday was OH's payday and we went shopping for stuff for DS's second birthday party. I did this deliberatly so there wouldn't be loads of snacks and stuff in for me to be tempted by.:rolleyes:

but my weekend has been a complete disaster. Thursday night we had chinese, Friday night we went to a burger place in Co. Donegal and after DS's birthday party yesterday we had chinese again (none of it healthy options).:break_diet:

The party went off well, the kids had a great time, I had ham sandwiches, pizza, rice krispie buns and chocolate fingers as well as sweets. The only problem was people brought the sweets they had left over from trick or treating to my house for the party. Little did they know that their little darlings also got them into their party bags when they were going home.:p

I've nibbled and snacked on so much rubbish over the past few days that I'm absolutely craving vegetables and fruit.! How rare is that?

I'm not hopeful for my WI tomorrow I have to admit as although I started most days counting points, I've not yet finished a day counting points. It's gotten to a stage where I'm afraid to even write down what I've had to eat. At this stage, a maintain would be miraculous!

Ah well! Fingers crossed (and jaws wired shut LoL!).

Just had my WI - 1lb off! Hurray, though I have no idea where that came from! Better be good this week incase all my overeating turns up on the scales next week! (eep!).

Thanks Tubs, Starlight and Nails - Following Starlights WI I have to admit I'm a bit worried about next week because I totally didn't deserve that weightloss (even a LB). My Leader warned me to be careful this week and I'm doing my best - I'm going out for a meal on Friday night and for drinks with friends on Saturday (if I can get a babysitter) and I'm trying to save points like mad! It didn't help that I couldn't sleep last night (that's how I found the recipes online) and DS was up at 6 this morning. We both went back for naps this afternoon and I woke up with a huge craving for sweets. I managed to white knuckle it through though

I still haven't managed to get out for any exercise this week as I'm still knackered/insomniac following my gall bladder op 4 weeks ago. I think I'll put DS into creche tomorrow after all and make sure I get out for a few walks. Now that I've had 2 weeks of consistent (though small) weight losses, I really don't want to back track!

Thanks for that Marie, I'd forgotten about the jelly. But I have to admit, jelly wouldn't have done it anyway. I love fruit and I use it as a snack at night when I'm watching tv. I just loved chopped apple and pear with grapes and a glass of flavoured water whilst watching Top Gear (sad I know!). But I can't eat satsumas - they disagree really badly with my IBS.

As for the mini crunchies - I'd never get to see one if I had them in the house - My OH would eat them one after the other (that's if I didn't get there first). He doesn't usually like chocolate - but crunchies are a whole different ball game to him.

Back