Edel's diary - just don't ask!

I've been on it a just over a month now and my weight loss has pretty much stayed the same as when I wasn't on it, except I'm not using all my points on cravings and living on lettuce for the rest of the week lol

It's really just helped me to get to a point where I'm eating regularly and eating the right portion sizes and not feeling starving after a 'normal' sized dinner :)

Ohh I tried Xenical too :O OMG never again! I too have IBS. Reductil is nothing like Xenical, Reductil works on your brain, Xenical works on your gut! lol

I tried xenical too ... did it for a month and lost a huge 2lbs! Bad side effects too! BUT then a friend of mine is on it too and he has lost a stone in 3 weeks on it so I suppose it suits some!

xx

Hope Your Little Boy Is Better.
Now To You Missus You Lost That Weight So Dont Put Yo Urself Down And You Take The Creditxxxxxxxx

Day 5 of reductil and I'm feeling brilliant.:happy036: I have to admit that some of the side effects are kicking in today - I have a tingling feeling occasionally rushing through me starting at my head but it's not unpleasant. Sometimes my OH tells me that my face is bright red too which must mean my blood pressure is going up but since I have low blood pressure normally, I don't think that's a bad thing either.

I can't believe the difference the reductil is making to me - It's amazing. Just being able to pass an open packet of DS's sweets and not eat one is nothing short of miraculous! :party0049:I have been sticking to my points all week but I'm finding it so much easier than it ever was before. As Tubs said, I'm not wasting all my points eating rubbish and I'm not craving them as much as before. One treat a night now is enough for me and it's wonderful and I'm not planning how I'm going to spend the rest of my points or how I can make up for points I've gone over the day before. I have been known to eat 70 plus points in a day:eatdrink023::eek: It's like I've found the lightswitch! :party0049:

I've also found that I've had so much more energy in the past few days. I don't know whether it's because I've been freed from my cravings or whether it's because I'm finally back at work or whether my sluggish gall bladder was slowing me down. But whatever it is, I want it to stay. I was up early yesterday with DS and managed to tackle some horrible kitchen chores with ease. You know the ones, cleaning and sorting out your cutlery drawer and all the rest, cleaning the cupboard under the sink and even tackled the carbonised food that was burnt onto my gas hob rings! Non of it phased me! I even too my dog out for a long walk in the rain ! VOLUNTARILY!:chores016:

I have to say, this is one week I'm actually looking forward to my weigh in tomorrow evening. I just hope I'm not disappointed! I'll let you all know how I'm getting on!

Good luck for your wi tomorrow Edel

good luck ,and we will be waiting to hearxx

Good luck tomorrow Edel! :D

Thanks guys, I'm pleased (but a teeny bit disappointed) to report 2lbs off this week.

I'm pleased with the 2lbs anyway but the teeny bit of disappointment is because I've had other weeks where I was really awful and still lost weight. This week I was super good - even at dinner in my mother's house yesterday but only had 2lbs off.

Don't worry, I'm not going to get down in the dumps about it. 2lb off is a fantastic result and I'm hoping to keep it up.

Will just have to wait and see.

well done on 2lbs, youre doing well, its brilliant seeing you sooo motivated and enthusiastic :) Just remember theres no blooming rhyme or reason to the results they show. Main thing is YOU LOST 2lbs :party0049:

Thanks Sandy. I have to say, I really feel that this medication is going to work for me. I feel so positive and so full of energy it's like I'm another person. I still found getting through the weekend difficult I have to admit, but not half as bad as it used to be. I even turned down MINCE PIES at my Mum's house and I love mince pies. My dinners were always healthy from I was young. My problem was snacking, comfort eating and binge eating and I couldn't seem to lift myself out of the cycle over the past few months.

Another 100% day for me today, I brought loads of food in for lunch - all well within my points allowance, all healthy choices and loads of points left over for dinner and a treat and I still didn't eat it all! I'm hoping that the reductil will help to break the cycle that by the time I have to come off it I'll be so used to keeping myself busy that I won't look to eat anymore. I'm acutally enjoying having the time and patience to play with my son too. I've even earned activity points already this week! but I have no plans to convert them to bonus points.

Well Done Lovey,you Definatly Sound In The Right Frame Of Mindxxx

Thanks Paula. I've had a bit of a setback today due to lack of planning - Got a major hair overhaul and spent 3 1/2 hours in the hairdressers. Was STARVING when I got out and ended up eating a sandwich from subway (sweet onion chicken teriayki ) 6 points and 2 cookies 4 points each:eek: so I've pretty much blown my day's points allowance already. The worst of it was - the sandwich was rotten and I ended up feeling bloated and sick. I'm not too worried though as I can start again tomorrow.

This time I find it's no problem remembering that it's a marathon and not a sprint. Funny how things change isn't it?

I think when you get like that it really takes the pressure off. Ive found Im worrying less if like the other night I was away for dinner/breakfast etc. Its a long haul. but we'll all get there, and being in the right mind set is crucial to success :)

Yep, I understand what you mean - and what a night away you had! You couldn't possibly haev enjoyed it at all if you were guilt tripping about your weight the entire time.

And I have to say, I still (only 2 weeks in though) highly recommend the reductil. I only overate because I hadn't planned to be in the hairdressers that long (should have had the scone they offered me at 10.30 and it may not have happened!).In hindsight, I won't let it happen again!

paula 36;425914HAVE YOU GOT ANY PICS OF YOUR NEW HAITR DO ?xx:)[/quote said:
Me? Take photos? - you've got to be kidding!

The last photos I voluntarily stood for were for my son's christening and that's 2 years ago tomorrow. (see my profile for the pic!).

My hair is normally reddish/fair and shoulder length. I've got it dyed a deeper red and cropped up at the back (sort of like posh - but not really!).

OMG - I've just heard that my WW leader has been killed in a car crash this morning! I'm in a bit of shock as she was the leader when I originally joined years ago when I was 18. She really is the corner stone of the weight watchers organisation in my home town -it's going to be mad without her! And all I can think of was how much she loved butter but only ever ate it at Christmas!

It's a really horrible thing to say, but I've already sorted out another class to get weighed in this week (am I terrible?).

Thanks Sandy,

That's pretty much what I thought myself which is why I sorted something out. It's weird, but I'm all of a kerfuffle (to quote little britain) and just can't settle myself.

Back