Edel's diary - just don't ask!

Ive got a bag of treat size buttons and some curly wurlys in my fridge but to be honest I dont know the last time I had any but I just like to know theyre there if I want them. The idea of something being out of bounds is where Im at risk... tell me I cant have something or cant do something & well....... :giggle:

Yep - I know that feeling - I've been dithering on the edge of a binge for the past 2 days:sigh:. Being good just doesn't suit me at all. :break_diet:The only good thing is, I can't eat as much since my op, so I've managed to eat quite a few chocolate biscuits and a treat sized twix along with my cup of tea. It's put me over my points allowance for today but I don't really care. I've got the rest of the week (after my meal out tomorrow) to be good.:rolleyes:

Hmm, where can I hide a bag of treat sized crunchies?????? Actually, if I told him to leave off, he wouldn't eat them without asking me first. I'm just wondering if having a crunchie would have stopped me going over my points today.

Ah well, tomorrow'll be worse:D! but I'll be better after. :)

WI result last Monday night was a maintain which I'm perfectly happy with. I can't beleive I got away with another week of going slightly off the rails. I'm really going to have to pull this all back but to be fair, I think when I get back to work next week the routine will help sort me out.

I haven't been keeping up to date with you all as I was given some news about changes in work and I've been fretting about it ever since, I haven't been sleeping well at night and have taken to catching up through the day through sheer exhaustion! - not good. It seems to have starte a vicious cycle of insomina at night (about 1 & 1/2 hrs sleep at night, non of it very good) and sleeping for about 2-3 hours during the day which was really deep and restful. I'm going to have to get this all sorted out. The only good thing is, the worst I've been eating in the middle of the night is a bowl of cereal - not bad considering I have loads of bread and proper butter about. I have gone over my points Tues/Wed of this week so I'm hoping to stick to my points for the rest of the week till my WI on monday night again. (fingers crossed).

OH has just bought a new game so I doubt I'll be able to get on much over the next few weeks until the novelty wears off so I'll have to lurk for a while and catch up when I can.

I'll be back later this evening with the 2lb club.

Hi Edel
First of all well done on maintaining! I'm sure once you get back into your routine it'll be a lot easier.
So sorry to hear you're stressing at the moment :( Is there anyone from work you could talk to, maybe they might be able to help you feel better. No sleep is awful and I really feel for you.
Sending you big hugs and hoping that you're feeling better about everything soon. You know where we are love :hug99:
xx

Aww, thanks guys, that makes me feel so much better. As does the first good night's sleep I've had in a week which was last night. I woke up to DS crying about Mummy and Sasha (my gorgeous golden cocker spaniel) at about 3.30 am so it wasn't a completely uninterupted sleep, but I don't care. I think the difference was made by going in to work yesterday and speaking to my boss. I knew the changes were coming but didn't allow for how much it would affect me. I'm feeling a lot more positive about it now.

I'm back at work on Monday so I'm hoping that getting back to a proper routine is going to make a difference with my weightloss and get it back on track.

Aww so pleased you're feeling better about things, we build things up so much and quite often they're never as bad as we think they're going to be :) Nice to hear you so positive!
Best of luck with the diet.
xx

Hi Babes

Glad to hear you are feelin a little better about things at work. Try not to stress too much ... easier said than done I know!

Keep smiling!

xx

Aww so pleased you're feeling better about things, we build things up so much and quite often they're never as bad as we think they're going to be :) Nice to hear you so positive!
Best of luck with the diet.
xx

Hi Babes

Glad to hear you are feelin a little better about things at work. Try not to stress too much ... easier said than done I know!

Keep smiling!

xx

How you getting on loveyxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks for your messages everyone.

I have to admit, I've been terrible this week. I've kept a food diary up until Friday and I haven't had one day where I've stayed within my points. Friday/Saturday were terrible diet wise, but great family wise. I went to a friends house and had quite a few little drinks. I did bring my own WW crisps but what I made up for on Friday night, I spent last night. Did you know that packets of McCoys crisps are 5 points per packet? I only had the one, but I did have a few bars of chocolate and pancakes from Tesco in store bakery. We went looking at furniture yesterday and have had a fantastic weekend with my DS.

I was seriously considering not going for my WI tomorrow night after work but I think I'd be better to go and find out for sure what the damage is as I think my own scales are weighing up to 2lbs heavier than WW.

To be perfectly honest, I'm not too worried about the WI. I'm back to my normal routine tomorrow when I get back to work and I'm sure I'll be better able to deal with it all then - I think I'll be too tired for the first week to over eat.

What I have realised is that despite joining WW again in August with the best of intentions, I really haven't given it 100% at any stage which is why my results aren't so good. I know that 9lbs off is still 9lbs off, but I should have had at least a stone off by now. So, I guess I've come to a turning point in the whole thing. No, I'm not going to quit WW. If I'd stayed last year when I first started, even averaging 1/2 lb per week I'd be 3-4 stone lighter than I am now. What I am going to do is to take it one day at a time and find ways to reward myself for sticking within my points on a daily basis. I may even give the core plan a go (but it'll have to be next week as I haven't organised any lunches for this week).

Right, I'm off to make free carrot & coriander soup.

Thanks Paula and Sandy,

Yes I did go to my WI tonight and a minor miracle happened! Not only did I not gain, I didn't maintain either! I've now got another 1lb off this week.

I have no idea how it happened unless lack of sleep is a factor. I started back at work after 6 weeks off today but last night was a disaster. My 2yo son was sick through the night and I was up from about 2.30 till after 5.30 and back up again for work at 8. The worst thing was, I only got to sleep after 1 am. My OH had to take the day off as I really couldn't phone into work to take parental leave on my first day back, and I'm really hoping that I haven't caught whatever bug it was that he was. I was like a person posessed last night washing and washing my hands. I know the winter vomiting bug is airborn so there's not much else I can do, but if I do catch it, I can't go back to work for 48 hours after the symtoms have stopped ( I'm currently located in a hospital and really wouldn't want to risk some of the more vulnerable patients).

I have to admit, I'm wondering if this weightloss is due to having my gall bladder removed as I certainly would have been much heavier than I currently am having eaten/drunk everything I had this week before the operation! I'm going to see my GP in the morning so I'll have to try to remember to ask. I can't help but think what kind of result I'd get if I actually managed a week of following the plan 100%.

I'm sorry if I seem to be rambling on a bit. I really am very tired so you guys will have to forgive me for it. I'll check in again later in the week.

Awww bless you, what a nightmare start to your first day back!
How's your son? I hope he's better, it's so horrible when they're ill isn't it :( Hope you've not caught it either.
Well done on your loss! What did your gp say? Did he think it was something to do with the removal of your gall bladder?
So how did your first day back at work go anyway? Do you feel a lot better about it all now?
Big hugs as you sound like you need them at the moment ((()))
xx

Awww bless you, what a nightmare start to your first day back!
How's your son? I hope he's better, it's so horrible when they're ill isn't it :( Hope you've not caught it either.
Well done on your loss! What did your gp say? Did he think it was something to do with the removal of your gall bladder?
So how did your first day back at work go anyway? Do you feel a lot better about it all now?
Big hugs as you sound like you need them at the moment ((()))
xx

Thanks nails. It has been a bit of a nightmare week for me but I'll get over it.

My son is fine physically now, but he's very clingy, that's not a surprise really as my OH was off work for 12 weeks and I was off for 6 so he's used to us being at home. Going back to the creche and me going back to work has been a bit hard for him but he'll get over it. First day back at work was tiring. I haven't been on much this week because I've been in bed around 9- 9.30 most nights. This is the latest I've been up in ages!

I forgot to ask the gp about the weightloss but I have been reliably informed in work that it's normal to lose weight following an operation.

I do have a confession to make though. My appointment with the GP was for a very specific reason :eek: I got fed up with having little or no willpower or commitment and I asked the GP for Reductil to give me a bit of a kick start.

I've only been taking it since yesterday but it seems to be making a difference to my cravings. The only way I've been able to tell that I'm physically hungry over the past two days has been when I've got the shakes!:eek:.

I have been making sure that I'm eating regularly and paying attention to my body's hunger signals but I find not craving rubbish strangely liberating! I had points left over last night and again tonight. I'm not sure if it should be working this soon but I have to admit, 3 days in I'm hoping for a good result on Monday night AND I can't even have a sneaky weigh in as my scales are playing up and I can't tell how much I've off as they've weighed me the same for the past 3 weeks whilst WW has registered a 1lb loss, sts and a 1.5lb loss.

Fingers crossed for a good weekend and Monday night!

Reductil really helps Delly :D But I find even if I don't take it for a few days now I'm used to eating less so I'm getting fuller quicker anyway :D

Congrats on your loss :D

Reductil really helps Delly :D But I find even if I don't take it for a few days now I'm used to eating less so I'm getting fuller quicker anyway :D

Congrats on your loss :D

I dont think theres anything wrong with trying Reductil, not if its going to help :)

I tried Xenical for a while, did me absolutely no good but Im glad I tried it. I think anything that helps - has to be good ;)

Thanks Tubs I was wondering if it was you who was on Reductil but didn't like to ask. How have you found your weightlosses while you've been on it?

Starlight I was on xenical before and swore never again! The side effects were too bad on me since I suffer from IBS anyway. I just wasn't prepared to live with it and really had to persuade my GP that it wasn't an option although it has been proven to be the most successful of the weight reduction medication in the past number of years. I think if you plateau or your points drop really low, it's a good idea to try it again.

At the minute I'm happy because it seems to be working. I have to admit, I do have a treat at night time but the crunchie mini and tayto advantage seem to be satisfying me rightly! I've tried a sneaky midweek weigh in but I can't tell any results at all. I'm just going to have to wait for Monday night.

Back