Eeeek

So u and teddy r bk In hospital I can't believe mw told u that u feed them untill they r content x is teddy under a light for his jaundice ?

Ah bless him. I'm a bit new to this cos I never had a problem with lo feeding but have they got a reason they think teddy is not feeding well and losing weight? Or is it because of what the midwife had said? Sorry if I'm seeming thick :) x

It's because he's been underfed, I didn't know because I formula fed last time Jesse had loads at each feed I even says to her do bf babies drink less then and she said they only need 10ml a feed if that when he actually needs about 60ml I'm going to report her my baby is sick because of her, I feel so stupid but she kept telling me that was right!! He's on a light bed it's like a sunbed he lies on then a blankets think over the top to keep him warm I think it's better for their eyes bring under them x

Becki u have to report her that's disgusting her telling u About the feeds wonder how many other babies she has done that too. X

So sorry to hear teddy's bk in hospital, you must be very angry wiv mw, thats terrible giving you the wrong advice wiv feeding, I'd definitely make a complaint.

I had a bad mw looking after me in hospital she sent me home with out taking of my dressing or checking my scar and no codeine, the community mw made a complaint cos she thought it was very mean giving me basic painkillers after third section and sent me bk to drs who then gave me wrong tablets that I wasnt allowed to use while b/f as they started to make Hollie very drowsy luckly mw came bk next day and picked up on it.

Your doing so well with recovery I was like that after my first section, just try not to do to much to soon x

I had my dressing off after one day I took it off in the shower, that is **** though im Gunna have to go get more codeine on Monday cus I'm running out and I forgot take my painkillers yesterday and really felt it so I still need them,

We home now he put on 5oz yesterday and jaundice level gone down, he also on antibiotics cus he had a mild infection xx can't believe he's a week old already! Going to register him this morning x

Ah im glad his home now, thats good his gained 5oz are you still breastfeeding? I was thinking of you yesterday wondering how Teddy was getting on. Thats quick getting him registered at only wk old, whats his full name going to be if you don't mind saying x

The dressing was left on 5 days, the mw in hospital was nice but she made loads of mistakes she nearly sent me home without Hollie being checked by pediatrician I had to say to her that hollie hadnt been seen yet. She also read the baby blood results wrong and told me I didnt need an anti D injection, when I did cos im rhesus neg and Hollie is O pos, luckly I asked her to recheck as my other 2 babies were O positive as it can be dangerous if antibodies are passed on.

Hope Teddy's infection clears up soon x

I just rang up registry office on Monday cus with Jesse it took 4 weeks for the nearest appointment and I thought it might take as long but they had an appointment for today, his full name is Theodore Hiro :) he's doing really well so proud of him, he's on formula and expressed breast milk at the moment x

Lost another 1lb so 9lb in total but my boobs are huge so makes a difference, 5lb to pre preg weight, will probably start not this Monday the one after xx

Hey huni sorry to hear teddy ended up in hospital but great that he's putting weight back on.

Just wanted to let you know when I was born I weighed 7lbs 5oz and I immediately started sleeping through the night and missing feeds, within a few days I had gone down to 6lbs 9oz i was bf, my mum had to start setting the alarm to wake me up for feeds! But no lasting damage done to me :)

Can't wait to see pictures!

X x x

Theodore is such a lovely name :) Im glad his doing well now, I give Hollie 2-3 bf feeds and the rest are formula, she lost bit of weight in the begining as she found it hard to latch on, mw said just kep offering her feeds and eventually she started to gain her weight. She was 3 and half wks when she got bk to her birth weight, can I ask wot pump your using thinking of expressing x

I waited till my oh went bk to work before dieting, I needed that time to just recover and I found I went off most foods, just wanted to eat sweet things x

So glad to hear teddy doing better, and to see your back home. It's good you get to register him so soon as well then it's done. Question for both Becki and Cas, are either of you getting the lo's christened? x

oasis6918 said:
So glad to hear teddy doing better, and to see your back home. It's good you get to register him so soon as well then it's done. Question for both Becki and Cas, are either of you getting the lo's christened? x

I've already booked my christening date even though bubs isn't here yet as our church books up a year in advance and we have christenings by 6 months in our family.

X x x

The 30th of December :D they do a Christmas tree festival in my church over would you believe Christmas! Lol they take them down by the 5th so the 30th means we will be using the church when it's looking stunning, our baby will go into the new year christened and we will get to spend a night with all of our friends and family as we will be having new years eve just us :D

X x x

Cas3 said:
I'm not having a christening just cos I didnt with my others and it wudnt be right to only do one, plus I wasnt christened, are you thinking of getting your lo's christened?

Churches get booked so quickly these days you've really got plan ahead, I think its nice to have them christened as young babies, when's ur christening mummy2bslim x

Well I'm not christened but hubby is, I'm not very religious and hubby had a church upbringing but he doesn't go to church or anything now but we did have a church blessing for our wedding but I do sort of believe that they should be christened in case anything happens. Mil is very very religious and goes to church every week and goes on about taking Jack but I said he's not going until he is old enough to want to go and decide himself. Other than at christened when she takes him for some childrens thing. Jack did get christened so we'll be christening this lo too x

I'm just using a boots manual one it was £17 it does the job fine I used an electric hospital one and that was good but ive got more milk out with the boots one,

No no christening for us. I'm christened but DH isn't and he doesn't agree with it. I wanted Jesse christened but i don't go to church do DH said its not right to do it just for a party so we won't be doing it with either, they can decide for themselves when they're older x

Down another 2lb this morning so 3lb to go, going to be brave and take a pic of my belly later to show how it's gone down, I'm quite proud its only been a week and it's looking quite good x

Back