Egg rings

dizzydawnie

Silver Member
Hello

I bought some of those metal rings you put in your pan to create rounded fried and poached egg in a moment of domesticated eagerness!!!

But I don't know how to use them - do I put them in the pan and add boiling water around them (for poaching).........if I put water in first the ring would fill with water??? And to fry - I thought probably of putting the ring in the pan and then frylighting in the ring before adding the eggs......would that be right?

I'm not the best in the kitchen as you may have guessed ;)

Thank you in advance!
x

For frying I think you have the right idea but for poaching I really don't know how they will work.

The things I have seen for shaping poached eggs have a bottom to them as well and keep the egg away from the water.

I've never used either, but I would think you need the ring in the pan first for either type of egg. If there is no water in the ring the egg is not then poached it would be a dry pan? I think the idea of the ring is just to keep the shape, you still need the fry light/oil/water to cook them in. Shoot me if im wrong lol

thank you both, I've yet to try fried, but I will this morning - I think they may be easier.

Poaching eggs is my preferred way, I could never do them by dropping in a pan of boiling water, so I thought these would be the answer to my prayers doh!!

Will keep at it and see!

:)
x

Back