Consolidation Eilidh's 285 days of conso!

Im a bit happier, weighed myself when I got up..... 9st8.2!!!! Im so chuffed. PP day today so might see another small change tomorrow as well!

I'm also on pp today, will miss those wee conso extras! Might try my starch meal tomorrow, maybe!

I'm also on pp today, will miss those wee conso extras! Might try my starch meal tomorrow, maybe!

Im going for a starchy meal as well tomorrow, going to try and make chicken pasta bake from scratch with whole wheat pasta! Normally Id buy a jar of sauce but gonna see what I can do with a tin of tomatoes!

I love baked pasta! Wish me luck!

I've never made pasta bake...

Anyone any idea how much uncooked pasta is 200g cooked?! Seems loads! Do u think we can use lasagne sheets?

Pasta bake with white pasta and sauce out of a jar is what stalled me at 10st! Quick and easy yummy meals

Depends how much water the dried weight absorbs apparently!
Im sure whole wheat lasagne sheets are fine???

I'd guess and say that pasta probably re-hydrates on a 1:1 ratio, so 100g of pasta would become 200g when rehydrated - probably worth cooking 100g and then weighing after draining - any surplus fling or store for another day....that's what I'd do :) x

I just looked it up online and recon 75g dry amounts to 200g boiled weight, we're not allowed more than 220g boiled

Thanks Zoe, think I'm leaving it till Sunday now when im home! Mmmm carbonara!!

Conso day 3: pp

B: 3 boiled eggs

L: turkey steaks with a stock cube
Prawns with stock cube

Snack: dukan porridge with semi skimmed milk

Dinner: more turkey steaks with stock

Snacks: 3 sf jelly

1.5 l Pepsi max
2 black coffees with sweetner

Looking forward to an apple tomorrow!
And my bread and cheese- yum!!

Worrying about gala and starch sat and Sunday may try to spread out next week!!

Also thanks alottolose!!

Argh belly massive tonight!!! Definitely terrified for gala and starch!

Conso day 4:

B: 3 boiled eggs

Snack: dukan porridge made with skimmed milk
Black coffee an sweetner
Apple

Lunch: turkey mince, onion, broccoli, cauliflower, baby mushrooms and shittake mushrooms.
2 sf jelly

Dinner: leftovers from lunch with a tomato purée, Dijon mustard, sweetner and vinegar sauce
Toast and cheese (40-60g bread ie one slice, 40 g ish of cheese (350g block divided into 10!))

Probably sf jelly later

Sweetned skimmed milk
2l Pepsi max

Maybe a walk later!

Went to buy new glasses today- stress!

Great menu and feel your pain, buying new glasses, when there's hundreds to choose from mega stress xxx

Aw Sid it's the drama when they've made you remove your lenses- I couldn't see the flipping glasses!! Girl in shop was brutally honest and I treated myself to two pairs. One zebra striped that she didn't like but I did hahah!

I'm the same contacts, but last week I became the proud owner of varifocals for the first time, don't know what I was thinking of, I hate the frames but love the varifocal...but only for work so don't ware them outside. Look like someone from the grease film lol

Im really short sighted (or is it sited?), Ive been wearing contact lenses for over 10 years so I dont have to go through the stress of having to keep choosing glasses! The last time I did they ended up costing over £100!!! I only wear them in the evening and weekend mornings!

Show us your new goggles then!!

Don't get them until next Saturday! I wear lenses too, but like specs for when my eyes are irritated!! Unfortunately lost my last two pairs in my house move and my older ones are 1. Missing a leg pair 2: scraped and squint and pair 3 also missing a leg (perhaps 2?!) so it was needed!!

Conso day 5

Not so good today- been out most of day so I've hardly eaten :(

B: dukan porridge with skimmed milk and sweetner

2 glasses sweetner and skimmed milk. Naughty

L: toast and cheese (within conso allowances. 1 slice and 40g)

Snack :

2 sf jelly
Roast fridge raiders in absolute desperation

On the boat home now and having a gala meal with mum and dad. Looking forward to it! Although it scares me too! I've planned nights out etc around gala for the next few weeks so I'm hoping I don't get carried away with them!!

Planned shrimps to start (maybe more bread!). Then scampi and chips (with tartare and tomato sauce yay!) then ice cream (Italian locally made- amazing!!). Excited to have a meal with mum and dad where they're not worrying about what I eat etc! X

Brilliant - hope you're enjoying you meal tonight!

Re Glasses - I'm the same. I'm really really short-sighted so had lenses since about age 16. But I also use my proper glasses, I'm wearing them now for example after my eyes got too irritated visiting a windy chalk pit (nature reserve) this afternoon. The varifocal idea is creeping up on me now, for now I get away with lenses & fairly weak reading glasses which I still don't wear that much except for knitting! When I am wearing my proper short-sighted glasses don't have that option of course :cool: Re: choosing glasses: my optician in Germany, maybe 15 years ago had a digital camera set-up that showed you your various options side-by on screen, after you had put your proper glasses back on. I'm sure shops here do that too? I've not needed it since as I am always wearing my lenses to pick glasses these days.

They do have that anja but it wasn't on... Shop was closing and I felt like a pain!!

Gala meal was lovely. :)

Potted shrimps with 1 oatcake

Scampi and oven chips with a wee bit onion (lots of scampi). Tomato sauce, tartare and a wee bit light mayo.

Vanilla ice cream (wee bit)

Then a 50-60 minute walk!

Back