Consolidation Eilidh's 285 days of conso!

anjuschka said:
Brilliant - hope you're enjoying you meal tonight!

Re Glasses - I'm the same. I'm really really short-sighted so had lenses since about age 16. But I also use my proper glasses, I'm wearing them now for example after my eyes got too irritated visiting a windy chalk pit (nature reserve) this afternoon. The varifocal idea is creeping up on me now, for now I get away with lenses & fairly weak reading glasses which I still don't wear that much except for knitting! When I am wearing my proper short-sighted glasses don't have that option of course :cool: Re: choosing glasses: my optician in Germany, maybe 15 years ago had a digital camera set-up that showed you your various options side-by on screen, after you had put your proper glasses back on. I'm sure shops here do that too? I've not needed it since as I am alwayS wearing my lenses to pick glasses these days.

Anja, I just hope I don't get spoilt wearing varifocals, can see much better with them on than with my lens but hate going out with glasses on, but would so recommend them xxx

xeilidhx said:
They do have that anja but it wasn't on... Shop was closing and I felt like a pain!!

Gala meal was lovely. :)

Potted shrimps with 1 oatcake

Scampi and oven chips with a wee bit onion (lots of scampi). Tomato sauce, tartare and a wee bit light mayo.

Vanilla ice cream (wee bit)

Then a 50-60 minute walk!

Tartare sauce love it with fish xxx

Today an absolute treat for breakfast- a "daddy egg". Egg in a cup, can only be made by dad (refused them from mum when I was wee!). 3 poached eggs, 3 slices brown bread (small thin loaf so under 50g) with a scraping of butter=bliss!!

Starch meal later

Diet- what diet?? This is great!!

what a ***** I was eh?

Apparently only had "mummy eggs" (not good enough to have the same name :p) if dad was away, and even then made my displeasure known!

What a "naughty" day- all within conso rules!! I love it!

Starch meal today at lunch:

Less than 200g cooked wholewheat spaghetti (no idea of amount, I measured my 200g and Dad ate what I couldn't!)
Made a carbonara with turkey bacon, eggs, skimmed milk, onion and mushroom- all allowed- it was awesome!! 10g parmesan in the sauce too.

Now I've had a snack- the remainder of my bread allowance (those slices are so wee that it was leftover from the earlier count, so I've had 60g total) and 30g cheese with a scraping of light butter.

Yum yum yum....love conso!

Wonder if anyone knows if I can split my starch meals for the week? IE have 100g pasta one day and 100g another day as I'll never manage the allowance?!

You can eat UP to 220g in one sitting, but you dont have to so I dont think you can split it unless you count it as your second starchy meal

Thought I'd check as it was such a huuuuge portion!! Definitely couldn't manage that!! Still early in conso so only 1 starch meal a week! Need to work out timing though- gala meal on Friday may save starch for sat (although meant to be at a BBQ so protein could work!). Might be an idea to make it midweek, since I go onto week 2 of conso on Wednesday...

Well after starch lunch I had roastbeef and cabbage for tea with a glass of skimmed milk.

Should have said- conso day 6

Also, strange when i just counted up and realised I'll e on conso for longer than attack and cruise combined...may need to start a countdown of lbs consolidated...so far, 1lb consolidated!

Do my menus look ok to you guys?! Advice gladly received!

Should have said- conso day 6

Also, strange when i just counted up and realised I'll e on conso for longer than attack and cruise combined...may need to start a countdown of lbs consolidated...so far, 1lb consolidated!

That's a great idea and a really motivating way of looking at each week of conso :) - I'll definitely do that if/when I get there :) xx

Can u consolidate mine for me as well??
I dont seem to be able to do it :(

Good Morning Eilidh :)

Glad you had a good weekend with your folks, the food diary was to drool for :D

hope you have a good second week on conso :) x

Thanks alottolose! Zoe, I think I've got long enough to consolidate for myself !! You can do it!!

Forgot my apple yesterday, oops! Had my porridge late last night with skimmed milk. Today: (planned)

3 boiled eggs

Porridge

Prawns with stock

2x venison grills (for easiness)

Bread, cheese (not sure how yet!)

Apple.

Probably some veg somewhere!

Conso day 8

3 boiled eggs

6 venison sausage

Prawns

Apple

Bread and cheese

Milk with sweetner

Pepsi max

Porridge

Last night too much milk and sweetner!

And 300g tongue

no veg ?

Cooked veg for lunch (stir fry) but ate too much else so didn't get round to it! Massive veg portion tomorrow instead!!

Just read your whole Conso diary from start to finish. Your menus look great and you sound so happy! I've been eating veg and a piece of fruit every day for the past 2/3 weeks but am adding in bread and cheese from today. I'm really impressed you haven't weighed yourself; I think I'm going to have an official weigh-in a week tomorrow, after a pp Thursday, then see if I dare go for the starch and gala meals as well. Keep up the great work, and keep posting! xx

Back