Consolidation Eilidh's 285 days of conso!

Sara is right you sound happy and relaxed in conso, love to read your doing soooooooo well xxx

You really are fab, I wish I had your determination but Im afraid at the moment I could quite happily become a vegetarian!

Thanks guys :) I don't want to weigh until I'm settled in conso, feeling I've more "transit" issues now so trusting dukan as it's worked so far!!

I know I'm having too much milk and sweetner and today's pp wasn't the best but I'm going to trust it!!

My PP went to pot when I went into total melt down... I actually thought I was gonna cry'

Conso day 9

3 boiled eggs

Minging stirfru with veg which made me feel ill all day

Bread and cheese

Apple

2 sf jelly

Porridge

Pepsi max

2 venison burgers

Conso day 10 pp

3 boiled eggs

Porridge

2 venison burgers

3 sf jelly

1/2lb tongue

Pack roast beef. (no time to cook)

Pepsi max.

Planned gala meal tomorrow night- Thai food and my new dress!

Ooooo new dress...pics please xxx

Will do when it's on- its an 8!!

Zoe you can do it!! Mine was unprepared but I did it!!

Anyone know if I can have extra bread as my starch meal instead of pasta?! Fancy a change...or risotto rice?!

Ps 10 days= 2 pounds consolidated!

xeilidhx said:
Will do when it's on- its an 8!!

Zoe you can do it!! Mine was unprepared but I did it!!

Anyone know if I can have extra bread as my starch meal instead of pasta?! Fancy a change...or risotto rice?!

Nah ive ballsed up big time, jusy gotta accept it, i was doing so well u til about 2pm!

You can have brown rice

Gala meal last night. Works BBQ today. Very very tired!! X

Friday

3 boiled eggs

6 venison sausages

Porridge

Bread and cheese

Apple

Gala meal :) Thai- no idea what it was, had rice and sauce. Lovely.

Wine, shots, jaeger bombs, vodka etc etc...more alcohol than permitted but it's so infrequent I refuse to feel guilty!!

Pv and maybe starch today

Hiya,

I've only just caught up - you're doing great, glad to see you're enjoying yourself. Some questions that came up:

Huge starch meal. Yes 200gr is too much for nearly anyone to manage really. There was some talk about it being officially permitted to split it in two (can someone check/ask the official chat?), but I would advise against it. Switch to two when you're at the half-way mark. Just have a normal portion and don't overeat. Also don't scrimp 'because you want to have enough left for tomorrow'.

Other starches: yes are permitted. I think the preferred 'order' is (always wholegrain type as far as possible): pasta -couscous - lentils and other beans - and rice and potatoes are at the bottom of the list. PP 121ff in the book. Personally I love Quinoa which is really high in protein to boot, it's just not mentioned in the 'old' edition of the book but I put it near the top of MY list. And there are other grains like Bulghur or Barley which work too.

I don't know about having extra bread instead, and was never tempted, I would go for something different for variety's sake.

As time went on and I got more confident I sometimes had a rice salad or leftover chilli with beans for lunch instead of my bread (so max 60gr of beans, rice etc), on a non-starchy meal day. Or lentil soup.

As for counting down the days: I would just take the whole weight loss, calculate the days, turn it into weeks and then mark an end date in the calendar. that way you have an immoveable target. It does not matter whether you gain or lose more in Conso, that should be you end target. I think I had 4 Months which took me right past Christmas (which was a good thing!)

Hiya,

I've only just caught up - you're doing great, glad to see you're enjoying yourself. Some questions that came up:

Huge starch meal. Yes 200gr is too much for nearly anyone to manage really. There was some talk about it being officially permitted to split it in two (can someone check/ask the official chat?), but I would advise against it. Switch to two when you're at the half-way mark. Just have a normal portion and don't overeat. Also don't scrimp 'because you want to have enough left for tomorrow'.

Other starches: yes are permitted. I think the preferred 'order' is (always wholegrain type as far as possible): pasta -couscous - lentils and other beans - and rice and potatoes are at the bottom of the list. PP 121ff in the book. Personally I love Quinoa which is really high in protein to boot, it's just not mentioned in the 'old' edition of the book but I put it near the top of MY list. And there are other grains like Bulghur or Barley which work too.

I don't know about having extra bread instead, and was never tempted, I would go for something different for variety's sake.

As time went on and I got more confident I sometimes had a rice salad or leftover chilli with beans for lunch instead of my bread (so max 60gr of beans, rice etc), on a non-starchy meal day. Or lentil soup.

As for counting down the days: I would just take the whole weight loss, calculate the days, turn it into weeks and then mark an end date in the calendar. that way you have an immoveable target. It does not matter whether you gain or lose more in Conso, that should be you end target. I think I had 4 Months which took me right past Christmas (which was a good thing!)

Hi Anja :)

Great to see you again, hope you don't mind I'm going to quote this post on my diary - will be helpful to refer back to when I hit conso - thank you for all your wonderful insight :) xx

Will look at dates- thanks anja!

Having starch meal tonight- made pasta in home made sauce. Yum! X

Saturday

6 venison sausages

2 venison burgers

Fried onions

Porridgw

Starch meal- pasta, mince, veg and cheese

Forgot bread and apple- woops!!

Too much milk again, I love it!

Back to conso pv today!

Make that 4 burgers...eek. Had the munchies after drinking so at least stuck to protein!

Today I'm proud of myself so far as I've cleared out my car :) really needs a deep clean tbh- shampoo seats etx as leaking foodstuffs for work lunches have taken their toll. However, the junk is out :) so a Hoover and shampoo can wait. Might stick it thru the carwash later too!

You're food diary looks good, lol fancy forgetting your fruit, that's one thing I won't forget x

Thanks Laura- you can do it!!

Sid I was never into fruit, this is a novelty!!

Today:

Porridge

1/2lb ham

1/2lb tongue

Apple

Bread and cheese

Mince, mushroom and onion

2 glasses sweetned milk- very naughty!!

Even started cleaning my car seats...now need to do a washing :(

And I went to the carwash!! Procrastination at its best!

Back