Extra Easy Either really good or really bad??!!!!!

Kyzi

Hi everyone

Im baffled!!!

Ive tried syning some potato cakes on the slimming world website and theyre coming up as 1/2 syn each if I use dried potatoe as the green food allowance (which they do have on the ingredients) or 45syns each if i use no free food allowance!

I know potato cakes arent great anyway but surely they cant be 45 syns each?! But 1/2 each doesnt seem right!!!

Could someone tell me if Im right to use a free food allowance or if ive gone wrong somewhere?!

Per 100g:
850kj/200kcal
Protein 3.9g
carbs 38.7g
fat 3.3g
each potatoe cake 45g.

(I have also checked syns online to see if its listed and its not)

Thank you!
:confused:

What sort of potato did you count as Free food?
Using fresh potato I work it out at 2.5 syns each on Green/EE, using dried potato it works out at 0.5 syns each on Green/EE. Make sure you select the correct potato.

On Red you dont even need the calculator, they would be 1 syn per 20 calories as there is no free food in them so 4.5 syns each on Red. (200 x 0.45 = 90; 90/20 = 4.5)

Maybe you've entered kilojoules in the kilocalories box, or ticked the 'per portion' box instead of the 'per 100g' box?

Well i used dried potatoes because its in the ingredients and i calculated it per 100g because thats the only amounts on the packet. Ive just re done it in case im doing it wrong and it seems that theyre only 1/2 syn each!! (that is if the nutritional information on the pack is right!!) I just couldnt believe they could be so low!

Thank you!!!

Yep! Theyre tescos own and theres 6 in a pack. I bought them yesterday for 'treat day' and didnt end up eating them. I nearly threw them away thinking theyd be too high but im glad i havent! I still dont think i quite trust the website though!!!

Do you mean these?

If so I dont think they would qualify for a free food allowance as this is a dried/bakery item where potato flakes are being used as a substitute for flour.

Instant mash is only free when it is used as intended - ie made up with loads of water, which these aren't. (This is sort of the equivalent of eating a whole pack or maybe more of Smash but without the water). So you would have to syn them at 1 syn per 20 calories - 5 syns each.

Here we go, here's some other brands of potato cakes to compare them to:

Warburtons, Potato Cakes, 6 pack, 53g each 7
Asda, Potato Cakes, 6 pack, 60g each 6

Same on all plans so equates to 1 syn per 20 calories - no free food allowance.

The 'other' sort of potato bakes count as free potato, you know the things you put in the oven. But these things are a variety of bread really so they dont. Suppose its what people understand as 'potato cake', I thought the OP meant one of these at first:

6452149809_159e6aa225_o.jpg

You could count the potato as a free food for that :)

But this isn't, cos its a bakery item and the potato is used like flour:

IDShot_225x225.jpg

Back