Elemental's Metamorphisis

Day 1 in the big mamma's house...

Well I managed it!!! Might only seem a small feat but this morning I woke up and was ready to diet!! This has not happened in a long time, every night I go to bed "Tomorrow I will start my diet!" and every morning I wake up with "Aaaah stuff it"...

Today is the first day of the rest of my happy, slender and active life!

Its funny because I slept all the way until 11am this morning (day off, I'm allowed) and felt really sad when I was woken up by the phone ringing. It dawned on me that I actually much prefer being asleep to awake. My dreams are so much more fulfilling, exciting, and happy than reality. Its not that I'm soaring through the universe on the back of a purple shark , such as my dreams from childhood, just every day stuff like making love to my husband the way we used to, going on every day adventures, meeting new people, laughing, dancing, smiling. Why is it I can only feel these emotions when I'm asleep?

Brings tears to my eyes just contemplating how utterly miserable and pathetic my life has been for about 3 years now. All these feelings just wash right over me and knock me over when I don't have a constant supply of comfort food being shoved in my mouth every five seconds.

Time to man up now. Already with in an hour of waking I've complied a to do list, eyed up the enormous ironing pile and drank two pints of water.... Any normal day I would have done nothing but eat and watch Tv.

Anyway enough babbling - havent had a pack yet as I'm saving them for when I feel really hungry........ the number of carbs I scoffed yesterday tell me that I'm due for an energy crash v soon. In the meanwhile though - ON WITH THE IRONING!!!

Hope every one is having a good day today xxx

Had the banana shake, made me chuckle!!!

As a child did you ever have banana flavoured medicine? And when you took it you were so pleasantly suprised that it tasted ok, well it tastes kinda like banana medicine :D And if you think about it, it kinda is!!!

I can live with this :cool: lolol

Lol banana is ok till you get the aftertaste then the banana buprs all day hehe...it's ok but i won't rush to have mine :)

Good luck with today hope you are doing well :)

I hate the banana milkshake! And banana is my fave flavour normally! I onyl like the caramel one really! Can just about stomach a vanilla one with hot coffee.xx

I like banana! But much nicer when really cold and I've been having hot caramel, cafe latte and vanilla (with coffee) shakes since Xmas. Haven't been brave enough to try the tomato soup tho - someone will buy it on Ebay tho :). Apparently S&S aren't allowed to exchange products as someone reported them for doing so and they got Health and Safety on their backs because they are food items.

I love love love the strawberry! Tastes like a normal shake, no chemically after taste :) I'm finding the meals a little hard to stomach though, and I love spag bol and chilli con carne, i think it's because it doesn't taste like my own! I will swallow it down though, if i have to live on shakes and bars next month then so be it, it's all i fancy anyway!!

Wafers however - omg!!! I wish they were a little cheaper tho :( and maybe more TFR friendly, oh well. My saturday night treat :D

Feeling a little sluggish this afternoon, my arms feel like lead and my head feels a bit slow. But I just did a cardiac arrest call and no cock ups so if I can cope on day 2 pre ketosis then I know I'll be fine from now on!!

Feeling so awful right now. Just had such a staring contest with the breadbin it very nearly won.

I swear if nothing else the last three days has taught me why I eat and drink in the first place! This house is so f***ing stressful to live in!! Between my spoilt brat of a teenage son and my idiot husband how do I cope with days like these??? My first sunday off in so bloody long, all I wanted to do was get him off the xbox and go for a walk in the gorgeous faux spring sunshine outside. Turned into a tantrum which I just didnt cope with well at all :cry:

Straw, camel, SNAP!

So I tried to compose myself, wrote the day off and resided myself to second best comfort, TV and duvet....took a few hours but I started to come round, each time I start to come round one of them does something that just winds me up to breaking point...

Oh the price I am having to pay to be thin. I am sure no one else suffers this much just from not eating and drinking emotions away??

So I had choc shake for late breakfast, lemon bar for late lunch and chicken breast and salad leaves for tea.... had one pack left technically, it was supposed to be cottage pie but ended up being the last remaining packet of wafers :cry:

I should have just gone to work today :cry:

Sorry to hear you have had a bad day. Well done though on avoiding the breadbin!

I know I found it difficult at first to keep away from comfort eating, I think we are programmed to take solace in food when feeling down.

Be proud that you resisted the bread and think about the good weight loss you will have because you are sticking to this.

Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.:)

I would have knocked their heads together. Well done with not turning to food for comfort. Hope it get easier for you soon xxx

Well done
Elemental 1 - 0 Breadbin (and Family)
You have made it through a rough day and should be pleased with yourself! (no, that doesnt mean you get an edible reward!)
You have proved that you are strong and dont have to give in to temptation which makes the future sooooo much better!

oh dear oh dear,

just wrote an essay and my work pc spzzed out and I lost it!

Anyway I am still here and will update soon,

Thanks for all the support ladies xxx

So …. I am still on it but thinking of breaking off this weekend. I have thought about this long and hard and not taken the decision lightly. My hubby and I have had this weekend away booked for ages and I just know for a fact that if I am dieting I will be miserable, especially not being able to drink. Its our belated valentines as the day was just awful!! Well things in general have been just awful lately and the next special occasion is my birthday in June so this will be my last break until then.

So I wont go too mad but I am going to eat normal food and drink vodka and diet coke…… but then I’m going to get straight back on the horse!!!

I’m feeling really good about my strength this past week. I’ve fought my compulsive binge eating tendancies in some pretty tough moods……. This is huge for me!! Not to mention my sneaky daily weigh ins tell me that since Friday I’ve lost 9lbs J sssssh!! Don’t tell anyone!!!

Still finding it really hard to keep the diet a secret from work buddies, they know something is up as they keep asking me why I’m not eating. I haven’t had to explain any of the packs yet due to going out at lunchtime but its only a matter of time. I just really wish I didn’t have to tell them ….. it feels too precious, like pregnancy in the first trimester. If for some horrible reason it all goes wrong it’s just no one’s business but mine!! I know I am probably being silly but I just don’t want to be the fat one on “yet another diet”. Because its not like that now!!!

Elemental,
I think everyone needs a break now and then, the challenge is what you do after. I have done most of my eating damage days after an event. If you can get straight back on the horse, then I think that is the road to success.

I know what you mean about telling people, my family obviously know but I am not too keen on telling some other people. I think part of it is, I dont want the lecture about the "unhealthy diet " . Everyone seems to have an opinion. However we should do what we like, we maybe surprised by peoples reactions. If you fail , and they talk then so what. The conversation moves on and its the next topic of convo. However I am sure you wont fail, this diet is so good.

Have a great weekend away. x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks Tinkerblonde x

It's their opinions that I am worried about I think. I am feeling really positive right now and I just don’t want all the faux concern to put doubts in my mind. Even if subliminally, you know the disapproving looks and sometimes its what they don’t say that eats away at you….. then bam! As soon as you have a weak day all those virtually strangers’ doubts come flooding into your mind and before you know it you’ve got an excuse to crack….

I am probably being sceptical but I just don’t want to risk anything going wrong this time, it really feels like my last chance this time!

I do know what you mean.

Maybe try and come up with a few excuses. Such as your checking for food intolerances. So not eating certain foods, or dont admit its a VLCD, say you get a huge meal on an eve. Like slimfast. They would never know.

I do understand what you mean though.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Feeling pretty damn good today I have to say!!

Its day 7 today of sns and day 2 of the prozac. I know lack of appetite is a side effect of this drug, and well I've been hungry only for a brief spell today. Most importantly I've been feeling chatty, alive, happy. It's too early to be the anti depressants so I am sure that's ketosis looking after me aswell.

Had some bits in the post today from Rob, managed to get rid of my 23 tomato soups that I didnt mean to order and got 1 each of the mac and cheese and new spag bol. Lushness!! But most importantly it cheered me up. We went for a walk around the lake and fed the ducks today too - on a week night! When normally we just go home and veg infront of the Tv. I've notice lately though that it's that routine that is triggering cravings in me, I have to break the cycle, crush the old routine and start carving a new one around my new found focus on life without the constant distraction of what I am going to eat next. Freedom!

Freedom from my eating disorder. I never liked to call it that but really when I look back (not far back granted) I was out of control, using food like a drug, getting in such an emotional state when I couldn't have it.

Any way enough reflection (listening to Emily Sander whilst writing this doesnt help lol) this weekend is going to be amazing. Got a £300 hotel room booked for £85, belated valentines fun ahoy!!

Oh and weigh in tomorrow morning - watching this space................:cool:

Elemental, well done on your positivity.

As regards telling folk about the diet, I told no one apart from my OH and kids. Would have been difficult to hide it from them as I blitzed the shakes with the blender!

However, at work, I make up a soup pack as if it is a Cup-a-soup and nobody comments. I can eat it at my desk and carry on working. This also gives me the opportunity to go outside for a bit of a walk so that I can up my daily steps.

Once people began to notice that I was losing weight, I was often asked what diet I was on and I would just tell them I was cutting out carbs (not entirely untrue). No one questioned my constant trips to the water fountain.

I started out obese and was quite embarrased about the whole thing and just wanted to keep a low profile. That is now impossible but in a nice way if you know what I mean.

Looking forward to hearing how your weight loss goes....good luck for tomorrow.

I am so happy for you, glad to hear things are turning around. You attitude is right on the money. Hope weigh in rewards you for your hard work! xx

Elemental, well done on your positivity.

As regards telling folk about the diet, I told no one apart from my OH and kids. Would have been difficult to hide it from them as I blitzed the shakes with the blender!

However, at work, I make up a soup pack as if it is a Cup-a-soup and nobody comments. I can eat it at my desk and carry on working. This also gives me the opportunity to go outside for a bit of a walk so that I can up my daily steps.

Once people began to notice that I was losing weight, I was often asked what diet I was on and I would just tell them I was cutting out carbs (not entirely untrue). No one questioned my constant trips to the water fountain.

I started out obese and was quite embarrased about the whole thing and just wanted to keep a low profile. That is now impossible but in a nice way if you know what I mean.

Looking forward to hearing how your weight loss goes....good luck for tomorrow.

Sounds like you were on the same page that I am on now!

How do you make the soup up like a cup a soup? Doesnt it need whisking, or shaking or blending? I've not had one yet. I am thinking of taking one of the meals in and trying to time the start of my break when no one else will be in the kitchen (such as 1.15 rather than 1pm . Not quite figured it out yet, but I definitely don't want to come out yet!

Back