Elemental's Metamorphisis

Haha Elemental, closet dieters, I like it!!

I usually have the mushroom soup and I find that if I add just enough boiling water to make a paste, stir till mixed and then add the rest of the water, it mixes quite well. I day say it will not be quite as good a result as using an electric blender, but it's adequate for me.

Good idea though about the meals if you can fit in a quiet time - our kitchen is just too busy at lunchtime for me to try that one. The other alternative is of course to take a bar and have with a tea/coffee?

I think the bar and coffee would arouse enough suspicion lol. I might try the soup like that over the weekend and see how it turns out, I only have one of them tho lol.

Sad isn't it! Working on a team of 4 other women though means they are so bloody nosey. It's sweet normally "Ooooh what have you got?" they say "None of your bloody businesss!" I should say........ haha Even the men do it tho in the kitchen , why do people do it? lol

Yes, the bar probably would arouse suspicion especially in the absence of a Cadbury wrapper! However you will get the last laugh as the weight falls off. Then you get the 'I think you have lost enough - you dont want to lose too much do you? You dont want to be too thin' brigade.

Honestly, yes I was obese, but I am still in the overweight category. Too thin - chance would be a fine thing!:rolleyes:

When I got to just under 10st before everyone though I looked emaciated, I just don't have the frame for skinny minny.

lol @ the absence of cadbury wrappers, they are already questioning why I am not diving into the cakes when it's someones bday etc. Its quite nice to say no tho!! :) People seem so surprised!!!

Bring it on anyway, cant wait for the comments. My BMI is well over 40 atm which makes me morbidly obese i believe :( so might be a little while before they worry about me getting too thin lol

Oh dear wish me luck....

Yesterday at work I managed to say no to chocolate doughnuts, muffins, brownies, and carmamel shortbread :cool: I looked at the spread laid out in the kitchen when I went in to fill my water bottle. I paused and thought "I've just had a weigh in, and am one day before I have a planned break from my diet and ketosis - I may as well have a little treat now" But for the first time ever the skinny part of my brain told the fat part to shut up! Punched myself in the face and dragged myself out of the kitchen by my hair...

No not literally :D

So i felt really good about myself!!

Then I cam home after a double shift at work last night to find out that our hotel had to cancel our booking, for reasons that were out of control and I can't be bothered to explain...... not only that but sister in law decides to drop the bomb shell that she can still babysit , but her and her son are ill and my son then might catch it :mad: So after a long a stressful night last night working out what's best to do, figuring out that she's been working with kids all week ill like she is at a school so it cant be that bad, and her son is playing football today so he can't be that bad, my hubby talked me around from saying to just write the whole weekend off.
We eventually found another nice hotel on laterooms and I am really looking forward to it, we are going out for mexican while we are there and that was the planned break. Gonna eat a nice jacket potato somewhere for lunch to and make sure I'm out of ketosis by the time the booze comes in to play!! I just hope I don't go too overboard, I am a food addict after all. We have the best room in the hotel, we're celebrating belated valentines and all either of us can think of is what we are going to eat!!! Sad hey?

Why is food considered so romantic anyway? When ever we go out for a meal I just feel full and want to veg infront of the telly box lol. Most of the foods I like make me feel bloated and fat ayway......lets hope eating tonight doesnt make me too ill.

Confession, as cheat day is today as soon as hubby left to take the boy to sitters I raided the kitchen for his hidden stash :( was hoping to find crisps but only found two chocolate biscuits. I am such a loser honestly.........

Anyway I will be back tomorrow night..... ready to get right back on the wagon, hoping not to have put on 11 lbs that I lost :rolleyes: but if i do........its just back to drawing board and no more treats until we go on holiday end of MAY!!!

8lbs back on in one weekend :confused: Surely that can only be water and glycegon?

Anyway it's not official weigh in yet so not updating anything until friday - hopefully I can get at least close to my weight last WI

:mad:

Back to square one..........

I am sure that will indeed be water. Hopefully a couple of days back on plan will put paid to anything gained at the weekend.

Thanks Frannie!

I am soooo excited. Just paid upfront for our holiday in May and I have 12 weeks to get bikini ready!!! If I lose 6.25lbs a week between now and depature date I will have reached my target! Just under 11stone which to be honest is when I looked my absolute best! :D

I am so not hungry today even after the weekend splurge and being out of ketosis, this is such a good thing. Also , my ridiculous fear of my work mates commenting on what I am eating has driven me to walk home for lunch. This is so silly really as it's a 15 - 20 minute walk each way but I figured hey! This way I get to work out on my lunch break too!!! :D

Lets see how long I keep it up!! Feeling really good for a monday - booking my holidays has helped!!!! Eeeeeeeeep!!!!

Well, work officially think I am nuts!! But actually, walking all the way home at lunch is actually making me feel great! Plus I felt able to stay on much longer yesterday which means I can get a head on my flexi time finally.

I think I am going off the bars, all i want is shakes and meals atm. Gonna make a hot choc one before my early night tonight :D:D

Good for you, two birds one stone! Going home for lunch plus the walking, really good. I walk a lot during my working day, I love it! Though not pushing the two kids in the buggy... hard work! All toning me up though!

Sexy pins ahoy!!!! Its hard to muster motivation to work out but walking seems to do the trick nicely :cool:

I have had to walk home to meet a plumber this morning so might have walked to work and back 3 times today if I can be bothered to do it again at lunchtime lol.....

Well………. I have messed up.

On the plus side, weighed in yesterday and although officially I have stayed the same, I have actually lost the 8lbs that I put on last weekend. I have felt like crap all week though. So sluggish, my arms feel like led and my brain is just so tired!! Finished work last night and I was on complete self sabotage mode, because I knew I’d had little slip ups through out the week I knew I was a way off ketosis. Knowing this is what messed me up all week – because if I am not in ketosis yet then on more little slip up wont cause too much damage- only delay getting back on it………..

So last night, it was Friday night – I was feeling like crap, not in ketosis , feeling crap about my unsuccessful week and feel crap about feeling crap………managed to talk my husband into ordering Indian take away!!! He’s so easy to sway, I know it’s my own fault – I know that he will always give in because he hates seeing how upset I get when I am wanting to binge but battling with myself. He knows that my binging brain will eventually defeat the dieting brain and if you can’t defeat the baddy you are certainly going to want to be on their side when they conquer, I guess?

I wish I could say I didn’t enjoy it, I wish I could say I felt sick and guilty and wished I hadn’t done it. But actually it was gorgeous, really hit the spot and all I feel now is depressed that the vicious cycle has gone full circle yet again. Here I am almost at square one, ready to get back on the wagon but no idea how to stop it happening again! Its too soon to ask the doc to up my prozac to “anti binge” levels as I’ve only been on it for a couple of weeks……….all this is making me feel rubbish!!!

Hubby has been buying in all atkins friendly stuff, he knows roughly about it from when I did it before and he knows that if I am hell bent on eating crap then at least it can be the sorta crap that will still lead me into the land of K…. after how long of feeling like **** tho? Seriously, this week will be my third week at work of those few days that you feel awful before getting into ketosis. I am scared I will fail again, I am scared that I will always feel like this, a big, miserable, fat failure!!!

I even thought about ringing in sick for a couple of days this week, for the days when I feel absolutely ****. But if I don’t go in then I won’t get paid…….. I am in my head getting straight back on plan tomorrow morning after a few drinks and a very low carb dinner tonight (yep I know more gluttony). But I can’t help feeling that I am going to be the same weight three weeks in a row despite how hard I have tried, and all the eating packs, the walking home and back repeatedly will be for nothing!!

And just trying to find a low carb dinner tonight that will hit the spot and cheer me up and make me feel ready to get back on it again is so bloody hard!!!! Well especially as I am at work until 9pm and just don’t trust my husband with cooking meat. He is waiting for me to ring home with an idea and all I can think about is pizza and copious amounts of wine or vodka. I am honestly beyond help!!!!!
:mad:

Elemental, sorry you are not feeling so great today. I know you feel you have messed up by having a takeaway, but you are still on here posting so you have not given up and you ARE getting back on the horse!

It is likely that many of us have felt like you do (I know I can certainly identify with feelings of failure). However, you are being too hard on yourself. If possible you could try to go back on plan and this will get you into ketosis. If not, you could perhaps try to keep the carbs low until you feel you are able to commit to mealpacks & vegetables only.

Coming on here for support may also help, most of us understand what it feels like to stray from the plan. Good luck in whatever you decide and please let us know how you are getting on.

Hi Frannie, thanks for the pep talk I was/am well in need of it!!

I started today off with a big sulk and a craving for a bacon sarnie to help soothe my hangover. If I am completely honest, I am not even that fussed about bacon butties normally but cos I knew I couldn’t have one : I wanted one!! But hubby was thankfully stubborn and continued to be irritatingly strong willed throughout the day. I even went on a mini hunger strike and didn’t eat until 12.30pm just because if I couldn’t eat crap then I didn’t want to eat, what a baby!!!

So I eventually had a word with myself and ate a chilli pack. Then as work was approaching I started to think about what to eat next, still a bit sulky and anxious about going hungry I finished off the tiny bit of cheddar, and four frankfurters left over from my atkins binge over the weekend. Mixed with a chopped gherkin spear and some low salt and sugar ketchup, I knew it was naughty and off plan but I was still easing myself into the idea of getting back on the horse.

You know last night I was a bit tiddly, and so was hubby I actually snuck away to the pc to secretly order domino’s because he wouldn’t have known until it arrived and he couldn’t say no!!! Thankfully it had shut ten minutes before – else that would have blown all of my feeble attempts of at least binging low carb over the weekend. Phew!! Not sure I would have recovered from that one so easily.

So actually I am in work now, and I have just put in my calories into myfitnesspal, and if I don’t have the fourth pack I am still on only 550 , including the muesli bar I have brought with me for tea. And if I am still really hungry later then I will have another pack and not be hugely over my cals or carbs. So sort of a 100% day? Kinda?

Hubby bought me some more ketostix so I must just focus now on getting back in to ketosis. That’s my main aim this week, even if I don’t lose. I am reminding myself how lucky I am that even with all the blips I am still 11lbs lighter than when I started, so all is not lost. It’s like when I gave up smoking, the most important thing is to not stop trying! Eventually it will work. I never thought in a million years I could quit the fags but I did it eventually after several failed attempts. I haven’t been a smoker for 2 years and 2 months and I don’t miss it one bit. I hope so much I can one day say the same about my binging!

Back