Ella Belle's SF Diary

I really think you are being too hard on yourself about what you ate after the day in the hospital with your dad. Given it was practically all you ate all day I don't see there is any way you ate too much of your dinner in terms of daily intake.

Great work on the exercise too. Shred does tend to get easier quite quickly but its definitely hard for the first few days, even doing the modified versions of the moves too. I am also awful at press ups. I have got a little better with practice but still totally suck at them! I can do two proper ones and then collapse in a heap. If the modified on your knees ones I am awful at. Have you had that first two days of shred ache?? I find that it finds muscles you didn't know you had and makes them hurt in a very pleasing way!

Evening :)

Another busy day today, I haven't had a chance to look at the site all day :( I definitely have 'Shred Ache'..my arms are very definitely letting me know there are muscles there but it's not too bad..I imagine it will be a lot worse tomorrow!! I found the DVD okay this morning though I hated the first 5 minutes, it's good the press ups are at the start otherwise i imagine I'd give up when it came to them. I do the 'girls' version, I'm able to keep going for the 30 seconds or whatever so hopefully this will improve. I'm quite strong in all other areas in my body and always have been but I have never been able to do press ups at all.

Week 1 Day 6

B - cornflakes & milk (4pp)...again just need to use them up and haven't had a chance to shop yet!
S - satsuma
L - wholemeal pitta, salad, egg (3pp)
S - yogurt & berries
S - satsuma
D - couscous, chicken, onion, passata

Weekly PP 33/49

Exercise - Shred D2, 30mins walk

WI tomorrow evening..eeeeeekkk!! To be honest, I'm not sure I'll have lost anything this week. Usually I lose a lot in the first week but I can't feel any loss which I usually do. I'm not worried about it, for the first time ever when dieting I am resigned to losing this weight slowly and for good!

The shred ache fades after first few days thankfully :)

What's the points for in your lunch as sounds free on sf?

X

Wow...sore sore sore arms this morning but it's all good!! Points in my lunch was for the pitta, it was a big one!!

Just had to log on to say Woohooo!! I haven't weighed or anything, it's just I have that really really good feeling that I get sometimes after exercising when I start to feel good about myself and properly happy...it's from all the endorphins I suppose, it's just so cool...I feel almost euphoric! No matter what the scales say tonight this feeling makes the last week worthwhile :clap:

Ella Belle said:
Just had to log on to say Woohooo!! I haven't weighed or anything, it's just I have that really really good feeling that I get sometimes after exercising when I start to feel good about myself and properly happy...it's from all the endorphins I suppose, it's just so cool...I feel almost euphoric! No matter what the scales say tonight this feeling makes the last week worthwhile :clap:

Aww that's great to see,well done to you for feeling so good in yourself :0)

Awesome! :) yeh technically it's just ww pittas you can have for free on sf - but I've been a rebel and just been using any wholemeal pitta/wrap/bagel and counting it as free ;-) doesn't seem to have made a difference but most people do stick to the rules. X

icklerockchick said:
Awesome! :) yeh technically it's just ww pittas you can have for free on sf - but I've been a rebel and just been using any wholemeal pitta/wrap/bagel and counting it as free ;-) doesn't seem to have made a difference but most people do stick to the rules. X

Sometimes you can get different brands cheaper for same points so makes sense to me :0)

Brilliant news! That exercise high is quite addictive isn't it?! I am pretty hooked myself at the moment :) And I agree it does seem to take your focus off the scales a little bit and more on to the bigger health picture.

Having said that good luck for a good result at weigh in tonight. If not its worth bearing in mind that a lot of people's muscles seem to hold onto water causing a temporary gain when starting 30 day shred.

Great news about them endorphins kicking in! I deffo feel better when I've been to the gym and eaten properly, thing is I find it hard to remember this when I'm tired after a day at work! I need to make exercise a big part of my lifestyle! Well done you're getting off to agreat start.

Hi!

Here to follow! I do SF too!

How are you finding it?

Good luck for WI!

And I cheat with pitta and wraps! I buy what's on offer and pretend there free on SF! Lol and it works for me! There really isn't much different!

Well..what to say...! So I weighed this evening..I weigh at home on my own to save money but I have been very good and have completely avoided the scales since I weighed last Tuesday. Anyway, when I weighed last Tuesday it was late at night but I was sure the scales said 13st 4lbs. But when I weighed this evening the scales said...12st 10lbs!!! I just couldn't believe it. No matter what, I've lost weight..so I'm ecstatic about that but obviously I have not lost 8lbs in a week, so I'm thinking I must have mis-read the scales last Tuesday, it maybe was 13st 0.4lbs which would mean a 4.4lbs loss which would be more in line with a usual first week.

Anyway..no matter what it is..I'm in the 12's...whoop whoop! I'm ecstatic about that and very relieved to be that little bit closer. I suspect the weight lost is mostly water weight as I certainly don't feel any different or have not noticed any difference but it doesn't matter...that'll come in time...soooooo this is how I feel right now :wee:

Week 1 Day 7

B - Cornflakes & Milk (4)
S - satsuma
L - tuna and egg salad, ham slices
S - yogurt
D - pork, potatoes, veg

Now what I usually do is have a treat on weigh in night and although I wasn't too bothered OH bought me a crunchie and I had half his magnum..cus he was a bit slow producing the crunchie in the beginning :p

Exercise - Shred D3, 30min walk (morning)
20min hill walk programme, 3mil treadmill jog (evening)

My arms are sore enough this evening but after the weigh in tonight I am super pumped to hit week 2 sprinting!! Woohooo!

Well done on the mega loss.

Just out of curiosity why do you weigh at night when doing it from home? You are going to be lower in the morning and it's also meant to be more accurate as it doesn't depend on what you've ate that day :)

So did you just start the diet straight on simply filling? Sorry I'm just nosey :p x

You're not nosey at all..that's what this site is all about :p I weigh in the evening because I always weighed in the evening when I went to meetings so it's habit I suppose. Also, I prefer to only have a few hours before the next week starts because otherwise I'd be worried that I'd splurge that day. I started straight on to SF this time but I was counting propoints last January and most of last year. To be honest, counting doesn't suit me, I seem to use my points for trash food instead of eating the right foods. I did the 'Core' diet in WW in 2007 and absolutely loved it and found it really manageable so I think SF will just suit me better...hopefully!!

Just like to know a wee bit about everyone as the simply filling forum is a nice little group :)

I don't think I could deal with waiting all day to weigh in I like that it happens while I'm still half asleep lol ;-)

Yeh I've heard a couple people say they loved the core plan and that sf is really similar but even better!

Some people manage really well using propoints on sensible things but when I have propoints days it to eat lots more snacks eek! :-/

I did slimming world on and off for ages before this so I know that eating unweighed amounts of sensible food can still get great losses without being overly restrictive but I know a lot of people who come from pointing or calorie counting find it impossible to comprehend lol. Best just to enjoy it and not question it eh? ;-) x

Definitely..while it works don't question it!! That's what I'm thinking at the moment anyway, that what I love about the idea of this plan though, if you get bored you can have a day or a week on points and avoid diet fatigue...hopefully..well we'll see! Feeling very motivated this evening, I really hope it continues for next week..taking it day by day and week by week...that's the key to it I think..well whenever I've been successful that's what has worked for me..and planning..a lot of planning :) Bedtime now..thank God, I'm exhausted! Night night :p

U probably did loose that much, It is ur first week! Well done! I lost 6.5lb on my first wk of sf, when I did pp end of last year I lost 10lb in my first wk!

Last edited:
Back