Ellie G's 100lb Drop

Ellie_G

I started Exante on Wednesday and decided it's about time I started a diary for my progress and to type in for when I require a distraction.

Some details about me, I've got about 100lbs to lose. I'm 29 next month which makes me 30 next year and I have got it in my head that I want to look better in my 30's than I ever did in my 20's. I'd say I've been struggling with my weight since I was around 20 years old.

I have calorie counted and tried Weight Watchers in the past and had success with both. I find I'm a bit of an all or nothing person and find the "you can eat whatever you want so long as it's within points/calories" to be too much leeway for me. I would be good on a diet for ages and it would take one slightly bigger portion than usual to make me subconcsiously decide "well I've failed, might as well eat everything in sight!". I'm not only a comfort eater but an eat when I'm bored/tired/happy/could do with a treat several times a week type of eater. So I think this break from food is a good thing and I hope that at some point I will be able to introduce eating foods in a normal way. I hope that the break from food will allow me to encounter situations such as boredom/moods/tiredness and find new ways to deal with them.

So far the Exante diet seems to be working well for me and I'm on my 3rd day of it today. Day 1 went well and wasn't too hungry and day 2 was even easier where I even sat in the staff room at lunch time and wasn't phased by all of the food being eaten.

It's day 3 today and I have a routine change as I'm staying at the boyfriends flat tonight. He is being very supportive which is awesome. We usually cook big meals together so it's a bit different but I'm not hungry or craving anything at all. Halfway through the day at work earlier I started getting a metallic taste in my mouth which made me wonder about being in ketosis yet. I'll do a wee ketostix test when I get home tomorrow.

With regard to the taste of products I like the shakes so far. The bars were pretty foul on Wednesday and Thursday but today I had a Toffee, Nut & Raisin one and it was much nicer than it was when I had one on Wednesday. The chocolate orange one on Thursday made me feel kind of sick so I'm not too keen on trying another but maybe it will have improved by now too. I bought a shakes and bars box after reading about people saying they hated the soups but I have 3 sachets of soup to try. I think I have a vegetable one with me at the b/fs so I will try that in an hour or so.

One thing I was worried about was peoples reactions to the diet and people saying "you'll put it all back on again" or "you'll never stick to it" but only 2 people have come back with negative comments. Everyone else has been fairly curious about it and many are supportive which is good. Most people upon hearing about it seem to say "well good luck with it but I don't think I could do it!" and that's fine with me :)

Anyway, that's all for now, I'll report back after I've tried the soup.

Last edited:
Welcome on board!

I am in my second week, and feel fine!

I have found that the removal of food from the equation very liberating!

We can do this together.

hi ellie this is my first day so cant really help with anything just wanted to say good luck, we are all in this together and can really help each other along the way, ive just finished off my last shake for today(vanilla), wasnt too bad but might add some coffee with it next time as ive seen a few people have done this and prefer it that way, anyway good luck hun xx

Hey Ellie glad it's started so well :) just wanted to pop in and say hi and good luck xxx

Hey everyone, thanks for the encouragement.

I just had the vegetable soup and....well I suppose it's edible! It's ok to begin with but there's an after taste I don't like. I'm getting rid of that taste with a can of Dr Pepper Zero for dessert. I think if I were to have the soup again I'd try adding some bouillon or something to see if that helps. Will try the mushroom soup tomorrow night methinks.

Ellie_G said:
Hey everyone, thanks for the encouragement.

I just had the vegetable soup and....well I suppose it's edible! It's ok to begin with but there's an after taste I don't like. I'm getting rid of that taste with a can of Dr Pepper Zero for dessert. I think if I were to have the soup again I'd try adding some bouillon or something to see if that helps. Will try the mushroom soup tomorrow night methinks.

Yeah I'm not a soup fan but def try the bouillon of some chilli powder etc.

The soups grow on you, honestly!

Try a splash of Worcester sauce in the tomato one - really 'lifts' it !

Had a wee lie in this morning and had a dream about having a salad roll and the night before I had a dream where apples featured regularly throughout. The only things I have craved during the day have been apples for some reason. At least the cravings I'm getting are healthy ones!! In saying that, I'm not really wanting any other foods so far. I get hungry at mealtimes so I have a meal replacement and then I'm fine :)

Hi Ellie, I ate for the same reasons as you and am also and all or nothing type lol and I failed many diets before for the same reason - I think I have failed so then I really do blow it good style :D This diet is great as you don't have to think about food (well okay I do think about it the odd time) as I know I am not allowed it!

I don't really like the choc/orange bar either but now the toffee one tastes really good! I like the soups as I feel I am having a hot meal at night - not sure a shake would work for me.

It sounds like you are doing great so far hun :D

My official weigh day isn't until Wednesday but I had a sneaky peak at the scales this morning and I've lost 9lbs so far! I'm really looking forward to Wednesday now :)

This morning I tried a warm vanilla shake with coffee. I made the mistake of adding sweetener and it was waaaay too sweet. I will try it again without the sweetener another day methinks.

I'm off out to the shops today for some birthday present shopping and to stock up on flavoured water for the week ahead.

I'm doing some overtime in work on Monday and Tuesday so I'll be there from 8:45 until 7pm. I'm just hoping it doesn't screw things up in any way. I don't think it will as I've been having my last shake around 8 or 9 at night. I will be home to have it at those times and I'll take the tub of bouillon with me so I can have some at my extra break in the afternoon to keep me going.

In other news, I've been feeling good so far on the diet. No major complaints - had a mild headache here or there which is remedied with drinking water and I had a runny tummy the first 2 days but it's been ok since then. So overall, still feeling positive about everything :)

Ellie_G said:
My official weigh day isn't until Wednesday but I had a sneaky peak at the scales this morning and I've lost 9lbs so far! I'm really looking forward to Wednesday now :)

This morning I tried a warm vanilla shake with coffee. I made the mistake of adding sweetener and it was waaaay too sweet. I will try it again without the sweetener another day methinks.

I'm off out to the shops today for some birthday present shopping and to stock up on flavoured water for the week ahead.

I'm doing some overtime in work on Monday and Tuesday so I'll be there from 8:45 until 7pm. I'm just hoping it doesn't screw things up in any way. I don't think it will as I've been having my last shake around 8 or 9 at night. I will be home to have it at those times and I'll take the tub of bouillon with me so I can have some at my extra break in the afternoon to keep me going.

In other news, I've been feeling good so far on the diet. No major complaints - had a mild headache here or there which is remedied with drinking water and I had a runny tummy the first 2 days but it's been ok since then. So overall, still feeling positive about everything :)

Great :D so pleased it is going so well 9lbs is great :D
Yeah the vanilla seems to get sweeter when it's hot, odd isn't it :)

Ellie_G said:
Yeah I've read that, it was the metal taste in mouth and cold feet that spurred me on to do the test so I think I'm in it for sure. That and the lack of being hungry at all :)

Yeah sure you are just sometimes it can say you aren't when you are so don't let them disappoint you

Well that's day 6 almost over and another good day on the diet :) I tried the mushroom soup today and it was much nicer than the vegetable one so I think I'll get more of it. Not much else to report except that I'm feeling good and looking forward to my Wednesday morning weigh in :)

Well this is the beginning of week 2. I'm very pleased with week 1s weight loss.

In saying that, I'm not feeling too wonderful in general. Work has been incredibly hectic this week plus I worked overtime on Monday and Tuesday so today it felt like the week should be over already instead of just Wednesday. I'm feeling pretty weary as a result. Luckily it doesn't seem to have made me want to eat or anything which is good.

Today I didn't feel like sitting in the staff room at lunchtime watching people eat so I drove round to my bf's to hide out and watch him work on his PC for a bit whilst I ate my bar. He lives very close to my work so it was nice of him to let me come hideout, he said I can do that whenever I want :) The bf in general is being incredibly supportive and really taking an interest in this diet whereas prior to this he was always my bad influence whilst on a diet. I'm appreciating it, he gives me someone to be accountable to in a way and who will listen when I rabbit on and on about diet stuff.

I haven't been wanting to eat at all really. I get occasional fruit and vegetable cravings but that's all. The worst culprits for me have always been chocolate bars and I can honestly say I haven't even considered them in the slightest since starting on Exante. I have only just realised this now whilst typing and it's a bit of a "wow" moment for me. Usually, even if I'm eating very healthily and well, I will still want chocolate. It's good :)

Anyway, I'm off to bed to try to get an early night to get over this weary feeling. :nightf: :zz:

Back