Ellie's Diary

Friday 10th February

Breakfast
cherry muller light
a few strawberries, blueberries and grapes
banana
sweet and sour mugshot (was hungry this morning!!!!)

Lunch
Toasted cheese sandwich (hexs) with the last of my homemade houmous :cry: must make more soon

Snacks
A few cherry tomatoes

Dinner
Sticky pork and noodles from most recent mag. The sauce had 1/2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce in it, so will call it 1 syn.

Saturday 11th February

Breakfast/Lunch
Fry up (frylight): bacon, fat removed, mushrooms, tomatoes, eggs and hexb of wholemeal toast

Snacks
Celery and ham with chopped tomatoes

Dinner
canneloni from this month's mag (made with quorn mince instead of beef) with rocket and cherry tomatoes. Hexa of parmesan in the recipe.

Sunday 12th February

Breakfast
Cheese on toast (hexs) with tabasco and worcestershire sauce
a banana

Snacks

Strawberries

Dinner
Went to an all you can eat chinese, the kind where you order from a menu. Really chuffed with myself here. I'd been saving some syns for tonight, had 71 left over. My plan was to have around 20 for the meal and still have enough to have two bottles of wine after (although I probably won't need both bottles, nice to make allowances anyway).
I had hot and sour soup - 5 syns
beef in black bean sauce - 5 syns
plain chow mein which I asked for to be cooked in soy sauce instead of oil, so was free
also asked for some salad as well and they gave me a plate full of lettuce, tomato, cucumber and carrot which was awesome so easily got my 1/3 superfree in.
Left the meal feeling nicely full and really pleased with myself for only 10 syns, so easily can have both my bottles of wine now if I wish to... ;) just started on my first glass, thought I'd better update before I start making no sense ;)

just joking really, I probably won't have both bottles anyway, just enough to get a bit merry ;)

Total syns for the week (if I have both bottles...): 96

Monday 13th February

Breakfast
Fried egg and bacon sandwich (fat removed, fry light, with heb of wholemeal bread) with mushrooms and tomatoes
a banana

Filled me up quite a bit so didn't have lunch

Dinner
spaghetti with prawns chilli and tomatoes recipe from most recent mag. did it with linguini instead. plenty of superfree in it, easily a third. Had hea of parmesan on top.

Also had a 250ml glass of dry white wine in the pub earlier - 8 syns

Tuesday 14th February

Breakfast
cherry muller light
apple

Lunch
Fried egg sandwich (heb wholemeal bread), a piece of ham, some cheese (hea) and a few cherry tomatoes

Dinner
Steak (fat removed, fry light) with sauce from magazine recipe, new potatoes (boiled), carrots and broccoli

Saving my syns today and tomorrow to have some wine tomorrow evening.

Wednesday 15th February

Breakfast
(weird breakfast I know) chickpea curry from this month's mag, with broccoli and a couple of boiled potatoes

Lunch
Fried egg sandwich (obsessed with them atm) with heb of wholemeal bread and SW ketchup. Ate my hea of cheese with it just as it was, and had some tomatoes as well for SF

Dinner
Two small chicken breasts (they were really small!) cooked in lemon juice and herbs, with rocket, spring onion, celery and tomato salad and 100g Mccains rustic oven chips (1 syn)

Also had a bottle of white wine - 26 syns
Total syns today - 27

Going to start counting syns weekly on here as I usually do anyway and hasn't done me any harm, figured I might as well count it on here as I go!

For the week so far: 35/105

Thursday 16th February

Breakfast
Chicken breast and salad (leftover from last night)

Lunch
Fried egg sandwich (2 eggs, frylight) with SW ketchup and heb of wholemeal bread. hea of cheese ate on its own, and some big tomatoes chopped up.

Dinner
Random mixture of food that needed to be used up: quorn mince, quorn pieces, plenty of tomatoes and onion, vegetable stock

Had plenty of squash as well (robinsons nas orange and vimto nas), and before bed a mug of hot water with lemon slices, which I ate afterwards.

Also had a 250ml glass of dry white - 8 syns

Week syns: 43/105

Edit: just got peckish so had three slices of ham, some pickled onions and a tomato. :)

Last edited:
Friday 17th February

Breakfast
Melon and grapes with total 0% fat greek yoghurt
a sweet and sour mugshot

Lunch
Fried egg sandwich (heb) with SW ketchup
An apple
Cheese (hea)

Dinner
Pasta with sauce that I made up out of tinned tomatoes, mushrooms, garlic and chilli, with a side salad and balsamic vinegar

Dessert
Strawberries :)

Had a bottle of wine as well for being good at the gym - 26 syns

Week syns so far: 69/105

Last edited:
Saturday 18th February

Breakfast/Lunch
Apple
heb of wholemeal bread, toasted, with hea of cheese
strawberry mullerlight

Snack
A few pieces of ham with plenty of cucumber and some pickled onions

Dinner
Salmon with soy sauce, tomato puree, chinese five spice and a tiny smidgeon of sweet chilli sauce, fried in fry light with broccoli, mushrooms and asparagus and served with noodles. Mm.

Dessert
Strawberries

Syns
I was very naughty at the pub and had two bottles of wine, oops. I don't feel bad though because I had a nice time and considering it's the first time I've gone over my syns (weekly) since I started six weeks ago it's not bad going. :)

Syns for the week: 121/105 :)o lol)

Last edited:
Sunday 19th February

Lunch (went out for a nice lunch so didn't have breakfast!)
Zizzi's linguini gamberi with a bit of parmesan (hea) and a side salad with no dressing. Wasn't very oily and counted some for my heb so will estimate around 5 syns maybe.

Snacks
Some ham, mushrooms, strawberries and cucumber (just picked at them, got really hungry for some reason)

Dinner
Baked potato, baked beans, fried eggs (2, in fry light) and salad. Didn't quite finish the potato and beans so will take some tomorrow to have on my break at work (and some salad)

Total syns for the week: 126/105 (oopsy lol but the week's over now, weighed today and have STS so I'll be very good next week and back on track to losing again. :))

Hello! Sorry, I posted this in the Weight Loss Diary bit and then saw this one so thought it would be better here?:

Hello everyone, I'm new here and just wondered if I could jot down what I've had to eat for the first four days of my Slimming World Diet (extra easy plan) and possibly ask for evaluation, tips etc.? I'd be very grateful.

Thursday 5th Jan:

Breakfast
Boiled potatoes and baked beans
Two satsumas
Black coffee, no sugar

Lunch
57g wholemeal bread (two slices), with 28g cheddar and marmite
a banana
an apple

Dinner
chicken breast, cooked without fat, with some herbs
Salad with no dressing
small handful frozen potato wedges - 2 syns

Dessert
Strawberries

Throughout the day had diet coke and sparkling water, often with lemon slices in , which I eat (I always have) which is also some lovely superfree!

I also had 340 ml dry white wine - 12 syns

Total syns - 14

Friday 6th Jan:
Breakfast:
Leftover chicken breast and salad
A banana

Lunch:
2 toasted slices wholemeal bread (57g) with 28g cheddar and marmite
An apple

Dinner:
Homemade curry, (chicken jalfrezi) all cooked with fry light and plenty of peppers and onions, served with a small baked potato

Dessert:
A plumI had 374ml dry white wine in the evening - 13 syns

Saturday 7th Jan:

Breakfast:
Leftover curry and another small baked potato
Black coffee, no sugar

Lunch:
Zizzi's linguine di gamberi which I'd researched online and found to be about 10 syns
Side salad with no dressing

Dinner (or rather tea as I'd had a big lunch!):
57g wholemeal bread, toasted with 28g cheddar and marmite
An Apple

Again I had various amounts of diet coke and sparkling water with lemon slices

Total syns: 10

Sunday 8th Jan:

Breakfast:

2 fried eggs (with fry light) on 57g wholemeal toasted bread, and baked beans.
An apple

Lunch:
57g wholemeal bread (two slices) and 42g reduced fat cheddar in a sandwich with marmite
Another apple

Dinner:
Plaice fillet, cooked without fat, with SW chips and SW ketchup, and plenty of salad with no dressing

More lemon slices in drinks!

I had 374ml dry white wine in the evening - 13 syns

Total syns: 13
hi ellierose988 ur food is sounding great also massive well done!!! , just wondering what time u have brekkie coz sum of ur brekkies are more like my dinners, it wont make a difference to weightloss i would have thought but just id find it a little strange eating a dinner meal when i eat my brekki, which is around 8-9am xxx,
again massive well done on ur food and weightloss xxx

Lol I know some of my breakfasts are strange! It's because I find it hard to eat when I first wake up so I usually have my "breakfast" at break time at work which is usually around midday, and it's usually leftovers from dinner from the night before which is why it's a bit weird! Haha.

Thanks very much for your kind comments :D

Monday 20th February

Breakfast
Banana
strawberries, grapes and blueberries with a mullerlight yoghurt (mango and passionfruit)
sweet and sour mugshot

Lunch
Toasted cheese sandwich (hexs) with marmite

Snack
Melon (little snack pack thing)

Dinner
Chicken cooked in lemon juice, garlic, mixed herbs, and peppers, with lots of salad and balsamic vinegar.

Dessert
Strawberries and blackberries

Syns: one of those little mini bottles of dry white - 6.5 syns

(weekly syns: 6.5/105)

Last edited:
Tuesday 21st February

Breakfast
Rhubarb muller light, a banana and an apple

Lunch
hea of cheese with plenty of salad, some mushrooms and homemade houmous

Dinner
Prawn curry from extra easy book (7 syns for the portion - coconut milk - only had full fat in the house and there was no reduced in tesco! - never mind)

Dessert
Magic oaty pancakes (heb for a sachet of oats so simple) with lemon juice, strawberries, and blackberries.

As it's lent from tomorrow, and I'm giving up wine, I am going to use some of my weekly syns for a bottle tonight (and one extra glass... cough cough). Haven't had it yet, but the wine all together will be 33.5 syns.

Weekly syns: 47/105

Wednesday 22nd February

Breakfast
Mango, pineapple and melon (sticks in a little packet)
a banana
a banana-and-custard muller light

Lunch
Toasted cheese sandwich with my homemade houmous and some red onion, with some cucumber sticks

Dinner
Quorn mince cottage pie, yum yum, with broccoli and cauliflower.

Dessert
Blackberries and strawberries.

Syns for the week: 47/105

Thursday 23rd February

Breakfast
Was unusually hungry this morning!
Banana
Blueberries, grapes and strawberries with a little pot of total 0% fat greek yoghurt
sweet and sour mug shot
10 slices of ham :eek:

Lunch
Toasted cheese sandwich (hexs) with homemade houmous and red onion

Dinner
Chicken breast cooked with herbs and lemon, with plenty of salad and half a baked potato

Dessert
Strawberries

Got really hungry just before bed and had a craving for cheese on toast, so I had some for 15 syns. :)

Syns for the week: 62/105

Last edited:
Friday 24th February

Breakfast
Melon, grapes and 0% fat total greek yoghurt
sweet & sour mugshot

Lunch
Fried egg sandwich (heb) with SW ketchup and hea of cheese on the side

Dinner
sweet and sour beef from my extra easy recipe book (plenty of superfree) and noodles - 2 syns in my serving

Syns for the week: 64/105

Saturday 25th February

Breakfast/Lunch
mushrooms mixed with tomatoes, baked beans and onion, with bacon (fat removed) and two eggs fried in fry light with heb of wholemeal bread

Snacks
Cucumber, lemon, carrot and homemade houmous

Dinner
smash pizza with loads of onion, tomatoes and quorn pieces with hea of cheese

syns: 350ml vodka: 40 syns

Syns for the week: 104/105

Sunday 26th February

Didn't really have breakfast, had a nice lunch out instead, but had two yellow plums.

Lunch
Went for a walk to the pub nearby and sat in the garden and had chicken and bacon salad, no dressing,with new potatoes. There wasn't much chicken and bacon in it, I left the fat (what little there was) and I highly doubt there was more than a tbsp of oil's worth in the amount I had, so I'm counting it as my heb.

Snacks
Another yellow plum (love them!), hea of cheese to nibble on, a pickled onion, a mushroom

Dinner
Plaice cooked with leeks and lemon, with new potatoes and carrots. Yum yum.

Syns for the week: 104/105 and it's over now so tomorrow it resets to 0!

Monday 27th February

Breakfast
Strawberry muller light, two yellow plums

Snack
Two boiled potatoes

Lunch
Fried egg sandwich with SW ketchup (loads of it so I classed it as my 1/3 superfree)

Dinner
quorn steak strips stir fry with loads of veggies, a bit of pasta. 3 syns for the sauce (made myself)

Dessert
Strawberries and fat free vanilla yoghurt (onken but the old syn-free recipe)

Realised in the evening I hadn't had my hea so I had 45g reduced fat cheese! hehe. interesting dreams tonight!

I also really fancied a drink so I'm having a few vodkas, haven't decided how many I'll have yet but it won't be more than 20 syns, so for now I'll say 20 then can edit tomorrow.

Syns for the week: 23/105

Last edited:
Back