Ellie's Diary

Hun don't worry if I don't have a jacket potato for lunch I have some form of potato with tea with it be chips, wedges or jacket!! 24lbs in3 months is an amazing weight loss too... xxxx

To be honest if Ellie is following either green days or Extra easy then potatoes are a staple peice of her free food which she can eat as much as she wants to, the only proviso on this being if its extrea easy shes following that 1/3 of the plate be superfree foods eg fruit and veg.

Please dont criticise what someone is doing when you clearly have no idea how this food optimising plan works..

People like you make people like ellies lives unnecessarily stressful so please butt out unless you have something useful to say

Hey. Been reading your diary and it seems to me that you eat way too many potatoes. Good luck. X

Paul_Farnham_uk said:
To be honest if Ellie is following either green days or Extra easy then potatoes are a staple peice of her free food which she can eat as much as she wants to, the only proviso on this being if its extrea easy shes following that 1/3 of the plate be superfree foods eg fruit and veg.

Please dont criticise what someone is doing when you clearly have no idea how this food optimising plan works..

People like you make people like ellies lives unnecessarily stressful so please butt out unless you have something useful to say

Hear hear, paul.
Amy x

Really appreciate the comments guys. Was lovely to wake up this morning and read all your support.

Feeling a lot better now, also lost a pound at WI this morning so chuffed. :)

Dont take it to heart hun, you have obviously done well so just ignore them. They may have thought they were being helpful in some way but you know that by eating what you have been you have seen results.

Well said!
Power to the potato!
Your stats are great Ellie...keep up the good work :)

Hi Ellie.

I'm a green girl and I've lost 7 and a half st on potatoes. :)

Xxx

I've never done Slimming World so I don't know how the syns work and what's free or not. I do know however, that potatoes= carbs and I find cutting back on the carbs helps me loose weight. I'm no expert though, if I was I would be a size 10 already!

What I'm trying to say, is maybe the other person that commented thought she was helping but didn't explain herself properly. Don't take it to heart, different methods work for each of us.

Didn't do my entry for sunday because it was so embarrassing - haha. was out for my mum's birthday lunch. it was a set menu so couldn't vary from it without being super annoying to everyone, decided just to enjoy myself and draw a line under it and start again today.

Monday 16th April

Breakfast
sweet and sour mugshot
light choices cottage cheese with pesto
banana and custard muller light
apple
banana

Lunch
fried eggs on heb wholemeal toast and hea of cheese (was naughty here and didnt have superfree but I'm not too worried as my meal was mainly hexs anyway and just had two eggs)

Dinner

Homemade risotto from extra easy book

Tueday 17th April

Breakfast
Leftover risotto

Lunch/Dinner
Chicken and bacon sandwich, heb wholemeal bread
grapes
hea cheese

syns: two bottles wine 52/105

Hey Hun- the lighter choice cottage cheese with pesto- is that free or synned? And where do u buy it from?

according to the most recent mag it's free! It's Tesco's own :)

Wednesday 18th April

Breakfast
Leftover risotto (mainly veggies, lots of)
two fried eggs (fry light) on heb wholemeal toast
hea cheese

lunch
Cucumber and light choices cottage cheese with pesto

Snack
Banana

Dinner
Beef steak pot roast from extra easy recipe book

Syns
white wine - 32

Syns for the week: 84/105

Ellie - did you know that wine is one of the worst things to drink alcohol wise my lovely! I know you are staying within your syns for the week, but 3 bottles in a week is a lot. Wine is really good at retaining water - which is not a good thing when trying to loose weight.

Could you perhaps swap the wine for a spirit with diet mixer? It might even leave you a few syns to use on other treats x

Hey,thanks for that, I guess I was just thinking that as long as it's within my syns it didnt matter! I didn't know that about retaining water. I did give up wine for Lent and had vodka and diet mixers instead, so I know I can do it. I may try and cut down on the wine. Thanks for the advice!

Thursday 19th April

Breakfast
Two fried eggs on heb wholemeal toast
hea cheese
apple

Lunch
cucumber
tesco light choices pesto cottage cheese

Snack
Tuna and a banana

Dinner

Here's where it's tricky - feeling really poorly today and worked a late shift. there was next to no food in the house and I felt so poorly at the end of my shift I just needed to eat something. Got one of those indian meal for two things from work for only 72p. I had one plain naan, two small onion bhajis and half each of the chicken tikka massala and chicken korma. No idea on syns - tried to look it up on here but really couldn't find it. I think I'm just going to have to leave it and have no more syns for the rest of the week. I just feel ill and rubbish tbh and don't want to be worrying too much.

Still feeling ill and doing split shifts so been finding it hard but did my best:

Friday 20th April

Breakfast
Melon
total 0% fat greek yoghurt
some ham
sweet and sour mugshot

Lunch
two pieces of chicken (was bad here because they had skin on but I was so hungry and felt rubbish and tired in need of comfort and they were just sitting in the fridge... :()
two eggs on wholemeal heb toast, hea cheese

Snack
Grapes, melon, pineapple (fruit snack pack thing)

Dinner
chicken breast cooked with lemon and herbs, carrots, broccoli and new potatoes

Didn't do badly today apart from that chicken. never mind though.

Hope you're feeling better soon - don't worry about the chicken skin, you've had a perfect day otherwise, that won't make a bit of difference :)

Thanks :) been feeling bad again today. about to post today's intake, not too bad but eager to get well and back on track again.

Saturday 21st April - another bad day health-wise and a tricky one in terms of day-to-day planning so did what I could.

Breakfast
In town feeling rubbish and needing to kill time while waiting for camera to develop so I got a boots meal deal - a fruit pack of melon mango and pineapple, and a shapers prawn wrap. the only syns in the wrap was the wrap itself and the sweet chilli sauce so could have been worse.

Lunch
Cheese and ham toasted sandwich (hexs) with marmite

Dinner
Homemade risotto from extra easy book and salad

Also had a pepperami later on, I think they're like 4/5 syns or something. Just hoping to feel better tomorrow and get back on track.

I wish I was one of those people who lost their appetite when they're ill...

Back