Embo needs to get motivated! Kicks up the bum required!!

So official weigh in and I'm 197 lbs so 4 lbs off this week. :) :) that's a stone in three weeks.

Yesterday I was 100% again and I had a lifestyle day. Was going to have a hot shake at 11.30pm but really fancied some real food so I had 150 g of wafer thin ham shredded, lettuce, trimmed cucumber and spring onion. It was so yummy and I slept really well :) :) :)

Progress pics so far 19 stone 0.5 lbs to 14 stone 1 .....

null-138.jpg

null-139.jpg

Wow weeee!! You must be so extremely proud!!! Next photo time those pj bottoms will be falling to the floor!!! Xx

Well done on your 100%! It's amazing how this diet changes things like how nice a ham salad is... When I go out for food now (when maintaining rather than whilst I'm on the diet...) I will have a chicken salad, or small steak and salad, or fish and salad - with dressing on the side. I thoroughly enjoy it and see it as a big treat. I don't need the fried food and fatty foods which used to constitute a treat for me - and in fact I would probably turn my nose up at them.

Thank you sammy. I truly am proud of myself. I honestly didn't think I'd be able to get to the right headspace to change my life around and lose the weight. I was terribly depressed when that first photo was taken.

Weasy I totally understand what you're saying. The lettuce tasted delicious. So crunchy and fresh. I could really taste the cucumber like I've never tasted it before!! Was a real treat!

Last night was such a challenge. She had made vegetable curry (weight watchers style) so was very healthy and rice. She served the food on tiny little plates because it was 7pm and everyone had eaten dinner. I avoided the rice but had the curry and then my daughter ate my rice!!! She was supposed to be eating all the stuff I wasn't allowed.
Then came the mini cup cake test. Everyone was icing their own so I iced one and tried to hand it to my daughter but she said no!! Yea, thanks for having my back Ella haha! So I was stood there with this cupcake in my hand, everyone saying Go on, it's only one..... and I ate it. I bloody ate it :( :( Thankfully that's all I had that could possibly take me out of ketosis but I highly doubt it will because it was so small and a slimming recipe.

I'm more upset because I can't say I was 100% now :( :( :(

Even though I failed the cupcake test I'm so proud that I stuck to one. Avoided the rice on my plate and avoided all the little pastry desserts and drinks. I took my own sparkling water and had that :)

Yippeeeee ketosis!! It should get sooooo much easier from now xx

Yayyyy for ketosis! And well done on not having the rice or any more cakes. Your dilemma with the food reminded me of me though. I hate to offend people and would often rather sabotage my diet (apart from when gung ho like now) than upset someone - which is a bit crazy really. Aren't I important to me?

Are you important enough to you?

I don't think you 'failed' by the way (which is ironically what I'd been thinking myself because of one white coffee I had). All or nothing thinking maybe? You chose in the moment to go off plan. What might be helpful is to work out why you made that choice.

Thanks Sammy. The days certainly go by more nicely when you're not RAVENOUS don't they?!

Spangly, I've been mulling over what you wrote for most of the day (what an exciting life I lead eh?!) I have analysed the moment that I decided to pop the cake in my mouth and I have no excuse! The fact that my daughter didn't eat it threw me, sure, but that didn't mean I simply had to eat it! Yes my friend doesn't know I'm doing this diet but I still could've avoided the cake so why did I eat it. Was I trying to sabotage myself? Was I testing myself? Was I hungry? (absolutely not!) Did I feel left out because everybody else was eating cake God damn it!?!
Still not sure! Back to my pondering I go :confused:

Loving being in ketosis. For the last two nights I have had to force my last pack down. Had the chocolate shake, hot. Really yummy but I've just not been hungry.

Tomorrow night will be another difficult night. I'm meeting my best friend for dinner at Nando's. We usually share the houmous and Olives and then I have butterfly chicken breast with chips and corn. I think I'll be having a couple of olives, some plain chicken breast with a salad (and what I can eat of it!!) No nando's sauce, it has citric acid in it, I've checked!! Gutted cos it's my absolute favourite thing in the entire world - Nando's sauce!!!

I'm going to tell her about doing s&s tomorrow. She's a great friend who doesn't pass judgement too much so I'm hoping she won't start with the old.... Oooo, they're no good those diets, you[ll put it all on when you stop doing it etc etc etc!!!!

Well nandos was a complete success. Yaaaay! Never been so happy to see coke zero! Didn't know they had it at nandos :)

been 100% for ages now and I have loads of energy. I'm finally in the zone and loving this diet again.

I had the curry pack last night with swede chips. It was the BEST meal I've had on this diet. I'm also enjoying the mousse and water flavouring I treated myself to. I got the lemon one and its really tasty :)

I know this is an odd question but what's in the curry pack? Apart from curry obviously aha. I made the swede chips cut really thinly with chilli flakes and felt like I was having a treat. We have to be inventive eh x

That's exactly what it felt like marie. In fact this is what I'll have when the family have take away :)

So I've lost 3 lbs this week. I know I shouldn't be disappointed but I am, slightly. I've been so good and stuck to 100% all week (minus the cupcake incident last Saturday) I've refused lots of yummy foods and I've lost 3 lbs.

I'm rationalising though that s&s say on average people could lose a stone a month and in the last four weeks I've lost 18 lbs so I really shouldn't grumble!! It's also a lot more than what I'd lose on any other diet.

3 pounds is fantastic. Well done. When I was on cambridge my councillor said (after I'd lost 2 in 9 days) that it all evens out over the month. And it definitely does (following week I lost 6 after 5 days). Don't be disappointed. Celebrate your 3 pounds and your weight loss overall. Think how wonderful your going to feel come Christmas. Every half pound is an achievement as it's nearer our goal x

Yay on your 3 lbs! I lost 0.5 lbs this week. Think how much worse it could have been! I'm happy though - my clothes feel loser and I've been through this process before. I know it'll all work out.

Well done weasey. I too am going to celebrate every half pound. As long as we're going in the right direction. What you've achieved overall is beyond amazing x

3lbs is the weight of the average human brain! - not mine though ;) hmmm.
Well done chick! That's brilliant! Xx

Back