Emilie's Starting Xante Diet Diary

Well i'm back again, and I am at my highest weight for a long time (I am planning on weighing in the morning so will update then). I have really been struggling with not eating sugary foods, and wanting to eat loads in the evening when I am tired/ill/bored/fed up etc. So i thought i would come back on here for some support and restart Exante. I have had a few goes at Exante lately but they didn't stick, but I am going on holiday to Majorca in June, and i plan on spending a lot of time at the beach this year with the kids so something needs to be done about my weight, as right now the thought of wearing a swimsuit makes me want to cry...

Also it is my 30th birthday on 29th June so i am hoping my birthday present to myself will be a much smaller and happier me.

I have started following some of the other diaries on here for inspiration and hope it will help me stay on track. I know the first few days are going to be the hardest but it does get better... wish me luck...

A warm welcome back and much, much luck to you Emilie. Exante isn't the easiest diet to follow, being a VLCD, but the results are fantastic even with the odd slip. I'm a slow loser these days but even so I take the long view that any loss is good, a STS is excellent preparation for later maintenance, and that the friendship and mutual support we get here makes a huge difference to our chances of succeeding.

I, too, am addicted to sugar. My danger time is also evenings. When I get bored I get restless and that all too often translates as cravings. I am by nature a nibbler which we are often told is better for us than three large meals each day. I doubt it because nibbling can pack away a fair amount of calories and carbs.

Give it all you've got! And keep posting x

Hey, Emily!

I restarted Exante yday ... Maybe we can do this together... Support is sooo great on here .. We can all use encouragement to keep us plodding along!

Hope u have a good day!

Hi crazylady! welcome and yes of course we can do this together and keep each other going. My day is going well so far, fingers crossed I can get through the day, hope your day is going well too x

Have a good day hun!

I had a bit of a slip up last night craving chocolate due to TOM and bad pains makin me feel sorry for myself.. But I'm over it.. Day 3 won't beat me!

Hi Emilie, great goals! You'll get that weight off for the holidays. I'm in a similar predicament... 14th June is my holiday..
Be strong and you'll defintely feel great for your 30th and the holidays. you know yourself if you can get through the first week you'll be flying.. We'll all keep each other in check :)

Holidays are fab motivation for weight loss :) Doing the same here - off to Fuerteventura in just over 4 months. It's totally my motivation for staying on track! I found the new cookies and cream bar really good to have on choc craving days. Haven't tried the double choc bar yet I don't think, so may add a few to my next order. Although not sure it's wise if I'm trying to give up choc permanently, but it's not real chocolate is it? lol. I'm doing TS Plus, so some days I have a portion of choco balls as my extra (allowed) allowance. They aren't really sweet and the choc is literally a smear, but they helped me hugely when I was craving very badly during weeks 3 and 4.

Anyhow, good luck :)

There's nothing wrong with enjoying 'substitute' chocolate particularly when it has added protein, vitamins and minerals. Indeed I think it very wise to substitute because doing so avoids the guilt we feel when 'slipping' and eating the real, sugary, carby McCoy.

VLCDs would go out of business if they didn't stock many chocolatey treats! They know their market LOL. We love and often crave chocolate so having it low carb and full of nutrition makes perfect sense.

You can lose a LOT of weight in four months. And you will!

I love those choc balls now. Even the centre x

Back