Emily's Diary - All I want for Xmas is my half stone shiney :D

I only lost 0.5 pounds in my first week! that's the pre menstrual week so there's some water retention issue... but still, 0.5 pounds!!

what I'm trying to say is that... 2.5 pounds is great! keep it up! :)

Thanks hun, I'm much happier about it now :) Well done for being so strong after your first week, I probably would have given up! lol

Hi Emily, well done on your loss and for keeping going in the face of disappointment! Hope you get a good result this week...

I was reading your food diary - what's spelt? :confused:

Thank you spanx :D

Spelt is a type of grain. I find its kind of like a cross between risotto rice and pearl barley or something. I had never had it before now but it is one of the new Ainsley Harriot products. There is Creamy Vegetable Spelt, Lentil Dahl and Chilli and Lime flavoured Quinoa and Basmati rice (I've got the other two in my cupboard ready to try too). Spelt was very very yummy and its on my shopping list again for next week :D

Held back on the syns a bit today after the cakey incident yesterday, lol. Feel like I've been eating all day, been feeling hungry a lot so tried to eat lots of fruit. Did 30mins Wii fit too.

Breakfast - Allbran and milk (HeA+B).

Lunch - 2 eggs (scrambled) with smoked salmon.
Fruit salad - Pineapple, kiwi and grapes with Activia ff yogurt.

Dinner - SW prawn curry with babycorn, green beans and carrot and Ainsley Harriott Chilli and Lime Quinoa and Basmati rice (2 syns).

Snacks - 2 x spearmint softmints (1 syn)
Plum
Grapes.

Total syns = 3 syns

Fri 13th August

Breakfast - Allbran and milk (HeA+B).

Lunch - Smoked salmon and 3 egg omelette, tomato ketchup (1syn)

Grapes.

Dinner - Stir fry veg with noodles
Strawberries, raspberries, grapes with fat free strawberry yogurt.

Snacks - Pot noodle in a mug (chinese chicken flavour)
Cherry scone (10 syns! wont be having one of them again!!)

Total syns = 11 syns

I'm having a fat day today :( Feeling rubbish and don't really feel any different to when I started SW. I'm worried that I'm eating too much, especially carbs. And when I have fruit I usually have a big bowl full with some yogurt on top, but wondering if I should have less. I don't know, just on a bit of a downer today I think, must be the weather or something, but just worried I wont lose anything this week :sigh2:

Hiya hun, first of all, I know you're disappointed with 2.5lbs, but it's a great loss... I reckon you're in for a MASSIVE drop in the scales next week. Just stick to plan and you'll be fine.

Also - about the fruit, a bowl of fruit and yogurt is fine and I wouldn't worry about it, after all slimming world works, if they plan says you can have it, then have it!

Weather is pants isn't it, I'm tempted to go and have a big bubble bath and put my PJs on (and its only half 5) xxx

Sat 14th August

Thank you Louise! I have to admit I was actually in my PJs most of the day yesterday! :eek: My hubby is on night shift at the moment so didn't want to go back into the bedroom and disturb him!

I hope I lose a bit more this week, but I just don't feel it. You know like sometimes you can feel in your body whether you have lost a lot or not? Or maybe its just me, lol. But I'm just feeling fatter than normal atm.

I have managed to stick to the plan though, which I am quite pleased about (apart from the incident with the country cake slices after weigh in! oops!!)

Food diary for yesterday:

Breakfast - Strawberries and raspberries with ff strawberry yogurt.

Lunch - 2x quorn sausages, baked beans and 2x poached eggs.
Banana with 1tbsp honey (3syns!) and heated choc and fudge alpen light bar (1/2 HeB)

Dinner - Rainbow trout, SW chips and mushy peas.
Grapes.

Snacks - Apple alpen light bar (1/2 HeB)
250ml SS Milk (HeA)

Total syns = 3 syns

The banana with honey and microwaved alpen light was sooooo yummy. Sugar fix, but with superfree in there too! (Got the microwaving alpen light bar idea from a thread on here, fab tip!!) Trying to try out lots of different fish but wasn't too impressed by the rainbow trout. It tasted ok, but was put off by all the little bones, even though it was a fillett :( Hmm, what fish shall I try next?!

Hi hun - just a thought, but are you having enough syns? It's just if you're new on the diet you body may go into "shock mode" and think arrgh I'm not having enough energy, I'm going to hang on to every kcal I'm given.

I am now off to try the warm alpen light bar, sounds gorgeous!! x

Sun 15th August

Breakfast - Allbran and milk (HeA + B) with strawberries.

Lunch - Salad - Chinese leaf lettuce, cucumber, beetroot, sweetcorn and ham with 1tbsp light thousand island dressing (0.5syns).

Dinner - Roast chicken breast with carrot, broccoli, cauliflower, parsnip and peas with chicken stock cube gravy.
Grapes.

Snacks - 2x meringue nests (6syns)

Total syns = 6.5 syns

Last edited:
Sorry to keep moaning, but I just keep feeling more and more rubbish every day at the moment! I don't know what it is, I'm sticking to plan, no sneaky treats, I'm exercising, eating plenty of fruit and veg. Normally I would be feeling great with all that I've been doing, but the last 3 days or so I just feel extremely fat and bloated (sorry, TMI!). Dreading putting on my work trousers this afternoon, thats how fat I feel. Might have to dig out my old bigger pair, which will make me feel even more rubbish :(

I actually prefer wearing skirts, particularly in the summer, this makes you happier. :)

I guess given we are changing our eating habits to be more healthy, if we keep doing this we would see ourselves moving the right direction. Don't lose heart :)

(I'm feeling more positive today as I've lost 2.5 pounds!! Yeyyyyyyy :D)

Aww yay! Good on ya hun, thats a fab loss! Bring on the half stone award next week, you only need to lose 1.5lbs :D

Did end up having to find a different pair of trousers :( Found some linen ones so they are a bit cooler. Never really been one for wearing skirts to be honest, just don't feel comfortable in them. Who knows, when I reach target this might all change :D

Feeling super stressed right now tho. Had a bit of a mare of a morning and ended up late for work. Crazy dashing around plus it being hot again (don't know where the sun came from all of a sudden!) makes for a VERY flustered Emily!!

Really pleased with my 2.5 pounds loss this week! (+1.5 pounds the week before, so really this is 1 pound loss over the last 2 weeks... so maybe not as good as it sounds... but at least I'm 5.5 pounds lighter than I did 6 weeks ago!)

Maybe you'll want to try wearing skirt - I find wearing knee-length skirt more flattering than trousers, as my calves are relatively thinner, so I look slimmer by hiding my thighs and bum whilst showing off my relatively thinner calves! :)

Yeah I thought it's gonna be a cloudy / cold day today but it turned out sunny!! How strange but I'm not complaining!

You've been doing so well so far, so don't give up ok? :)

Noooooo!!!!! Just pigged out on Toffee crisp clusters!!!!! Managed to stop myself before I reached end end of the pack which is good i suppose, but now feel rubbish. I'm such a wally!!

Tues 17th August

Feeling like a complete idiot for eating the toffee crisp clusters now, feeling sick and guilty. Can't believe I did that when I have weigh in tomorrow!! And I tried so hard this week.

Lunch - Baxters Tomato soup (6.5 syns)

Banana.

Dinner - Salmon with broccoli, cauliflower and babycorn.

Snacks - Grapes
Banana
Activia ff yogurt
Strawberries and raspberries
Toffee crisp clusters (too many, no idea how many syns, probably a whole weeks worth :cry: and now i just feel sick)

Total syns = 6.5 syns + LOADS

Mon 16th August

Oops, missed out Mondays food diary:

Lunch - Salad - Chinese leaf lettuce, carrott, cucumber, beetroot, sweetcorn, mini pasta and ham

Banana.

Dinner - Chicken breast with sweetcorn and cucumber and Smash with 28g reduced fat mozarella cheese (2.5syns).

Snacks - 1x meringue nests (3syns)
Strawberries and raspberries with activia ff yogurt.

Total syns = 5.5 syns

Sorry to keep moaning, but I just keep feeling more and more rubbish every day at the moment! I don't know what it is, I'm sticking to plan, no sneaky treats, I'm exercising, eating plenty of fruit and veg. Normally I would be feeling great with all that I've been doing, but the last 3 days or so I just feel extremely fat and bloated (sorry, TMI!). Dreading putting on my work trousers this afternoon, thats how fat I feel. Might have to dig out my old bigger pair, which will make me feel even more rubbish :(

I have days where I feel fat and bloated and then the next day I feel slimmer and more energetic - there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it either! I think our bodies and, in particular, our digestive systems, are far more complex than we sometimes give them credit for! Just keep the faith and keep on going, the results will show eventually! x

Really not feeling too good today. I've managed to drag myself in to work, but I've got a migraine and feel rubbish. I used to have panic attacks, but they stop happening for a while and now I feel like I'm starting to get those same feelings again, which I really really don't want :(

I'm quite stressed out at the moment with work and debts/money and things, which is probably why I feel like its coming on again. I've got next week off work, which I think I really need, but at the same time its a nightmare being off work because everything gets messed up while I'm not there so I have even more work to do when I get back :(

Then I've got the added pressure of weigh in tonight, and I know I haven't lost anything. I just really don't feel up to going, but I know I should. Don't think I could sit through image therapy tho, which is bad because I couldn't stay last week either. So I am trying to expect either a STS or a gain tonight so that I'm not too dissapointed, although I will be anyway no doubt.

I just want to go home and curl up on the sofa right now, work is the last place I want to be, especially when my boss is in :(

Back