Emily's Diary - All I want for Xmas is my half stone shiney :D

I have some confession to make too... I've been dining out over the weekend... ate some dim sums (Chinese tapas) that I have no idea how syn-ful they are. then today... I forgot to bring any alpen light bars with me so had a penguin bar and some crisps ... :S let's draw a line with the past...

Feeling rubbish today. Had a pants day at work and just feel really down this evening. Cue the mega urge for emotional comfort eating!! I was bad and bought some chocolates yesterday and thankfully when I got up this morning I decided I shouldn't have bought them and threw them in the bin. If they had still been in the house this evening I'm pretty sure they would have all been in my belly right now!

Instead I had an options hot choc, some left over roast chicken and 6 maryland cookies. I feel really bad about it, but I guess it could have been far worse I suppose. Just wish I could go a whole week 100% though, haven't had one of those in ages :(

Really don't want to go to weigh in tomorrow and was originally planning to stay for Image therapy, but it wont be much fun if I end up with a gain, which I fully expect.

Argh, I'm pretty fed up right now, with everything. :'(

Well done for throwing away the choc. I couldn't have done it!! So really well done!

Sometimes I think I don't want to do weigh in too... But I guess weighing regularly does help us focus. You never know, you might have lost like last week ;-)

I think last week might have been a fluke due to the STS the week before, lol. Would love to get my 1/2 stone tonight, but we shall see. 2 hours to go, eek :cross:

Good luck :)

Looks like my gain last week has really affected me. Gained 0.5lbs and to be honest I wasn't suprised, but was still gutted. I just feel like my weight loss has been so slow and the last two weeks I have been really bad at sticking to plan. Picking at things I shouldn't, that are waaaay too many syns, not having my 1/3 superfree properly at meal times, not drinking enough water, not exercising as much as usual. Its all affected my weight loss and my motivation to stick to the diet.

I am so so determined to lose weight and would love to look at photos taken this Xmas and not feel disgusted. But my for some reason my motivation is lacking at the moment, which really sucks. I know I only have myself to blame.

I haven't been staying to classes because I just think what is the point. I will never get slimmer of the week or month because there is always someone else who has lost more than me. I think if I had received some sort of award, even my half stone, I would feel a bit happier and more motivated. Weight loss just seems to be so so slow this time around.

Anyway, need a boot up the bum. There is no more bad food in the house, plenty of fruit and veg, and got my meals planned for the next few days. Also helps being back at work, although the evenings are always a challenge. I also need to come on here more often, as I'm sure that helps keep me motivated too. I'm planning to take some photos on Thursday morning, after weigh in on Wednesday (if I have the guts to go!), so that I have some visual motivation. Might even post them here if they aren't too horrific!

Will start my food diary again, and be totally totally truthful about EVERYTHING that passes my lips! If I have a good couple of days then maybe the damage to the scales wont be too bad on Weds, wishful thinking I know!!

Mon 13th September

Breakfast - Allbran and milk (HeA + B) with strawberries.

Lunch - Salad (carrot, cucumber, lettuce, beetroot, ham) with 2 tbsp thousand island dressing (4syns)

Dinner - Plaice fillet, sw chips and mushy peas

Snacks - Banana
2x softmints (2syns!, thought they might have been half a syn or something not 1 whole syn each!!)
Mugshot - tomato

Drinks - Tea x 2, Water x 3

Total syns = 5 syns

Last edited:
hi emily that wasn't too bad concidering you werent 100% on ur diet just draw a line under it and start afresh would have been worse if u'd stuck to it all week and gained, i know how hard it is to keep the motivation going i've tried every diet under the sun but have put more weight on with each one cause they have been unrealistic diets where i'm trying to lose a stone in a week lol am thinking to myself now the s/w plan is so good i don't feel hungry and if i only lose a 1lb a week over 10 weeks thats a 10lb loss and so on, don't lose heart if u feel like u want to binge come on here and read a few of the success stories might take ur mind off the food good luck to u :)

hey hun, don't let the 0.5 pound gain put you off! to be honest it could even be fluctuation during the day, or the water you drank that morning! you have lost 5.5 pounds so far, over 5 weeks, and that's really good! it took me 9 weeks to lose 6.5 pounds!! I'm sure I get the tortoise award. But at least I've lost 6.5 pounds, and even if I continue to be a tortoise and lose 0.5 pound each week, by xmas I'd lost an extra 7.5 pounds, and that's 1 stone in total! and I can do with weighing 1 stone less!

don't give up! lets try to update food diary everyday to remind ourselves that we're doing SW!

Tues 14th August

Lunch - Salad (carrot, cucumber, lettuce, beetroot, ham) with 2 tbsp thousand island dressing (4syns)

Dinner - Pork chop, broccoli and babycorn and smash with 28g mozarella cheese (3.5 syns)

Snacks - None

Drinks - Tea x 2, Water x 3

Total syns = 7.5 syns

Good luck with weigh in tomorrow!! X

Thanks hun! Hour and a half to go and I am soooooo not looking forward to it. Weigh and run me thinks!! I should have got my bronze body magic award now, handed in my 4th week log thing 2 weeks ago but didn't get it last week. Hopefully will get it this week, I hope its not just for people to stay to class coz that would be a bit unfair after Ive put all the work in. Hmm, we will see......to be continued.....lol

Gained 1lb! :cry: Totally gutted if I'm honest. Got my bronze body magic, but that doesn't really make me feel any better. What a wally I have been. Just getting further and further away from my half stone award, now 2.5lbs away!! Just makes me want to starve myself, but don't worry I wont, I love food too much, lol. Luckily I have something planned for dinner otherwise I would be very tempted to go off the rails the way I'm feeling atm. Oh well, only got myself to blame!

I've had weeks where I gained... 1 pound or even 1.5 pound.

don't lose heart, we're just taking the scenic route! we'll get there one day!! *big hugs*

Weds 15th Sept

Dinner - Pork chop, broccoli and babycorn and smash with 28g mozarella cheese (3.5 syns)

Snacks - Sweet & sour mugshot

Drinks - Tea x 3, Water x 3

Total syns = 7.5 syns

Scenic route for sure!! lol.

Thurs 16th September

Dinner - SW chips and chicken breast (no superfree, oopsy)

Snacks - Ryvita minis (5 syns)

Drinks - Tea x 2, Water x 2 (oops not enough water either!)

Total syns = 9 syns

Thank you Karen :D

Urgh, another disatrous weekend!!!! Why do I keep doing this to myself?! So frustrated right now. And my hubby really doesn't help. I know I can only blame myself, but I have such weak willpower so if the temptation isnt there I'm fine. But as soon as he suggests a takeaway or something, I crumble. Ended up having a McDonalds on Saturday, for the first time in aaaaages, and I just havent been in the mood for cooking for the last week or so.

That said, I am feeling positive this morning, and ready to tackle another week. Should be fine until Thursday, but then both hubby and I are off all weekend, so may go wrong again. Weekends are definitely the tripping point. My motto for the week (or my life rather, lol) is 'Just say NO!' :D#

I also know I wont have lost anything this week at weigh in due to the awful weekend, so would be happy with a STS I think. Just another week wasted really, which is what I'm bummed out about.

Back