Emily's Diary - All I want for Xmas is my half stone shiney :D

Awwww big hugs to you!! I think you should go tonight though as I believe encouragement and tips from others would help! So what if it STS? You lost 2.5 pound so far!! This is a long term thing and even if you 'only' lose 1 pound a week on average, 6 months later you'd be 26 pounds lighter. And you know you can do this :)

Btw do you find image therapy helpful at all? The group I usually go to is a lunch time pop in group so I've never experiences image therapy.

:scale: OMG, I think I am actually in shock......2lbs lost this week :eek: Wasn't expecting that at all!! :party0049: Now tucking into a nice fruit salad :eating:

Thank you so much for your post earlier Dream, it really helped pick me up and I'm feeling much better now. Didn't stay for image therapy tonight as hubby has lots to do tonight so needed to get back. Don't know how much it helps but apparently people who stay lose more, so might stay next week. Also you can only get slimmer of the week if you stay to class, and would love to get that one day. Dont know if my losses are big enough tho :rolleyes:

wow! well done to the 2 pounds lost!! and well done for meeting 3 of your mini goals!! :) you must be pleased!! keep up your good work, at your rate you'd reach your goal v.quickly!

Weds 18th August

Breakfast - Allbran and milk (HeA + B) with strawberries.

Lunch - Tomato soup (6.5 syns)
Salad - carrot, cucumber, beetroot, sweetcorn and ham.
Banana.

Dinner - Chickpea dahl with Ainsley Harriott Spelt (nom nom).

Snacks - Strawberries and raspberries.

Total syns = 6.5 syns

Total syns for the week = 42 (+ the toffee crisp clusters!)

Last edited:
Thurs 19th Aug

Lunch - Salad - chinese leaf, carrot, beetroot, cucumber, sweetcorn with smoked salmon and mini pasta.

Dinner - Syn free pizza - Smash, passata, ham, chicken, sweetcorn, pineapple and 42g low fat cheddar cheese (6 syns).

Snacks - Strawberries and raspberries with activia ff yogurt.
Banana with 1 tbsp honey (2.5 syns).

Total syns = 8.5 syns

Fri 20th August

OMG! I have never had sushi before because I thought it just sounded disgusting, raw fish and all that. But went shopping this evening and hubby was in the sandwich section and I thought why not give it a go. It was soooooooo yummy and really filling, and super low syns!! I know what I will be having next time I'm out and about and looking for a quick and easy lunch to pick up. Soo much better than a big fat calorie filled sandwich. Yum scrum.
Also had the Ainsley Harriot Lentil dahl for dinner. It was quite nice, not a good as the Spelt one tho, lol. It smelt really yummy when it was cooking but didnt quite taste as good as it smelt, if you know what I mean. So a bit dissapointed, but it was still nice. A day of discoveries :D
Oh and the muffin bar was pretty dissapointing, complete false advertising on the packaging, the actual bar was nothing like the picture! Tasted alright though, lol.

Lunch - 3 egg omelette with chopped chicken breast, with smoked salmon, grated carrot and cucumber.

Dinner - Ainsley Harriott Lentil Dahl with lettuce.
Sushi (3.5 syns)

Snacks - Strawberries, raspberries and grapes.
Muffin bar (6.5 syns)

Total syns = 10 syns

glad you like sushi :) if you have this instead of sandwich you can save your HeB for something else ;-)

Sat 21st August

Lunch - Salad - Lettuce, carrot, cucumber, beetroot, sweetcorn and ham.

Dinner - Stir fry veg with noodles.

Snacks - Pineapple, raspberries and grapes with syn free ice cream.

Total syns = 0 syns (Oops, I just couldn't eat anything else today! Stuffed full of free and superfree food!!)

Sun 22nd August

Lunch - Salad - Lettuce, carrot, cucumber, beetroot, mini pasta and ham.

Dinner - Roast chicken, roast potatoes, peas, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower and chicken stock cube.

Snacks - Muffin bar (6.5 syns)

Total syns = 6.5 syns

Oh dear, nearly a week since my last post and food diary. I'm not doing too well this week. I was on annual leave from work this week but had nothing planned (as have no money!) and I think being at home so much and being bored really hasn't helped with the healthy eating.

My parents are away at the moment, so hubby and I went up to their house on Wednesday after weigh to pick up our dog (they look after her in the school holidays) and we stayed the night. Then on Thursday I got my hair cut then we came home late Thursday evening. I always struggle when I go to my parents because all the bad eating habits that I used to have when I lived at home come flooding back. Luckily there wasn't much food in the house but I still managed to find a few biscuits and chocolates to munch on while I was bored. Then when we got home it was late and I was tired and couldn't be bothered cooking anything, so we got a takeaway pizza :( It was a seriously good pizza though and to be honest I didn't feel that bad eating it which is a bad thing because now I want more!!

I'm hoping to be fully back on track now, from today. But I feel a bit out of my stride with the diet at the moment and it might take a bit of getting back into it. I think part of the reason for the blip was my result at weigh in on Weds. I stayed the same, which is probably to be expected after losing 4.5lbs in the first 2 weeks, and I'm not consciously bothered by that, but obviously deep down I guess it has affected me a bit. Also hubby and I have got money worried at the moment which is very stressful and causes friction between us which I really hate :(

Only 17 weeks till Xmas, which isn't much at all! Even if I lost 1lb a week I wouldn't get anywhere near target for the new year. Oh well, just gotta try my hardest and accept that I'm not going to be target for xmas, but I will be closer. Maybe 11stone would be a more realistic goal for then. Then tackle the remaining stone in the new year.

Oh gosh, ramble over. Just got all sorts swimming around in my head at the moment. Food diaries will recommence from today....hopefully.....

Super struggling right now :( Just cant get back into the swing of it. I'm only in my fourth week, cant believe I've hit a wall already! Feeling pants :(

Mon 30th August

Lunch - Instant chicken noodles (3.5 syns)
Banana

Dinner - Roast chicken, roast potatoes, roast parsnips, broccoli, cauliflower, babaycorn and chicken stock cube.

Snacks - Grapes
3x Rice cakes (9 syns)

Total syns = 12.5 syns

Tues 31st August

Lunch - ?

Dinner - ?

Snacks - ?

Total syns = ? syns

Hoping to be properly back on track today as back to work, boohoo :cry:. I hate work but at least I'm not at home and tempted to munch all the time, lol. So I think I stay on plan better when working, which is probably why I slipped up a bit last week while on leave and having nothing to do.

Nothing I can do about the last week so just got to draw that good old line under it and move on. Hoping that it will become easier once I get back into a rhythm again. Had a few more syns that I would have liked yesterday, but going to try and stick to between 5 and 10 syns a day. Not looking forward to weigh in tomorrow tho, eek :sigh:. I would be happy with a STS this week but will probably end up gaining. Oh well, only time will tell! Trying....to....stay....positive....:)

Hi hun, just a quick post.... you've not hit the wall, you've just been off work thats all, it'll all fit back into place when you go back and the pounds will be dropping off again. Good luck tomorrow x

Good luck tomorrow!! Fingers crossed for you!!

:eek: OMG, lost 1.5lbs this week! I am in shock.

Well done hun :)

Thurs 2nd September

Cant believe its September already!

Lunch - 2x poached eggs with 2 slices ham, cucumber and beetroot.

Dinner - SW Chicken pie (chicken, peas, carrot, leeks and chicken stock filling, with mashed potato and sweet potato top)

Snacks - Muffin bar (6.5 syns)
Options hot choc (2.5 syns)

Total syns = 9 syns

I need to confess this evening :(

Went and did the weekly food shop, and silly me, went feeling a bit hungry. Hubby managed to persuade me to get curry for dinner, don't think my will power was particularly strong this evening. I managed to get all the way to the tills without picking up anything naughty (apart from the curry) and there was a bloomin little white chocolate polar bear next to the check out, and of course it had my name written all over it, lol. It somehow ended up on the checkout, doh! So tonight I've had some chicken Korma and some chicken tikka masala with a bit of rice, followed by an entire polar bear!!!! MEGA oops tonight. Feeling extremely fat and naughty.

Going to have to work extra extra hard the next few days. REALLY wanna lose 1lb to get my half stone award this week. Hmm....not too hopeful after this blip tho. :rolleyes:

Drawing a big black line under this right now tho!!

Back