Emily's Diary - All I want for Xmas is my half stone shiney :D

emily87

Onwards and downwards!
Well...I'm back, after a little while awol and quite a bad increase on the old scales! Feeling the size of a whale and very sorry for myself, its time to get serious.

I've decided I'm going to go back to classes after having gone it alone since last year. I'm hoping it will help keep me on track, the thought of going and getting weighed should help motivate me, and hopefully deter me from those sneaky snacks. I'm going to try a different class too, I really didn't enjoy the last one I went to and I think thats what put me off going along, so fingers crossed for this one.

First class is tonight at 7:30 and I'm very nervous. I'm quite a shy person so find these kinds of things hard. Also I'm dreading facing up to how much weight I've actually put on!! Don't know if I will be starting from scratch or continuing from where I left off with weights and awards and stuff, so I guess I will have to wait and see.

Will probably be feeling a bit down in the dumps later on after seeing the scales, but I need to do this. 5th wedding anniversary in November and would love love love to be closer to the 10stone I was when I got married. Would also love to reach target by the end of the year. New year, new start and all that :D

Wish me luck!! And please feel free, anyone, to give me a good talking to if it looks like I need it :copon: :8855:

Hope everyone is doing well on their weight loss journeys!

Last edited:
Good luck Emily. Fingers crossed for a positive start for you :cross:

Take care, JJ

Thank you JJ. Congrats on your weight loss so far! :D

Urgh! My stomach is in knots I'm so nervous about the class. Wish I didn't have to go as it is exactly the kind of thing I always avoid doing, but I NEED to. I have to lose this weight!! :(

I did it, I went along to the new class last night, and OMG it was soooooo different to the one I went to (and hated!) last year!! I cant believe how different two classes can be. The Consultant was lovely and really welcoming and helpful. The people were all friendly too and didn't just sit there wispering to each other in little groups. I could go on forever about how good it was, but wont bore you all, lol. It was just such a plesant experience I actually look forward to going back. My husband has even said he will join up next week because it was soooo much better than our last class!

So my C said that it is probably best to start afresh. So new books, card, everything. The result on the scales wasn't too shocking either. 12st 9.5lbs is my start weight (thought it was going to be more like 13st!). I used to do mainly red days with a few green thrown in now and again, but my C has encouraged me to give Extra easy a try for the first week at least, so I can see what kind of results I get. Never done EE before and have to admit I'm one of those people that thinks how on earth can it possibly work mixing red and green and still losing weight. But I'm going to give it a try, and I'm quite looking forward to it actually. Things like being able to have new potatoes with meat and spaghetti bolognaise and stuff. Time to raid the recipe section me thinks. New recipe ideas here I come!!

Going to start my bronze body magic too. Used to play a lot of squash so going to start that again. Then maybe build my confidence to go along to my gym which is free and less than 5 mins walk away, so I should really take advantage of that.:character00116:

My goodness I feel like I could go on and on forever, I'm on such a positive high right now!! Just hope I can keep it up :D Be back later on with my day one EE food diary! :happy036:

I've been wondering where you've been! Hope you're well and I'm glad that you found a good group and good consultant, feeling positive and read to lose all that weight!!

I've been doing EE since I started, I still don't quite understand how it works but as long as I'm losing weight I'm happy! May try green/red days when I get my head round the SW system better!

Thank you dream! :D A few days in and I'm still feeling quite positive. Sat in work at the moment munching on a bag of yummy grapes.

My EE eating so far is going well. Quite enjoying it actually as I don't have to worry about what I can and cant have on certain days. Had a syn free roast yesterday which was soooo good and I didn't have to worry about having potatoes with meat! lol. I agree with you though Dream, I still don't really know how EE works as I'm so used to red/green days, but I'm giving it a go and we will see what happens at my first weigh in on Wednesday evening. Fingers crossed :cross:

I've found that just the thought alone of going to class to get weighed is enough to stop me from eating naughty things that might be lurking in the cupboard, so hopefully that will continue. Have started playing squash again with my hubby which is good fun. I love squash and we have squash courts that we can use for free which as a bonus. Thinking about gettin back on the exercise bike at home at some point, but its not the most exciting form of exercise in the world to be honest, lol.

When I get home I will update with my food diarys for the last few days, there might even be a couple of pics if I can work out how to add them. :D

Thurs 5th August

All this week I am giving Extra Easy a go. So my first day I had:

Breakfast - Allbran and Milk (HeA + B)

Lunch - Baxters Tomato soup (6.5 syns)
Banana

Dinner - Grilled chicken breast with couscous

Snacks - 2 x Activia fat free yogurts
2 x boiled eggs
Strawberries, Raspberries and Redcurrants
2 x Weightwatchers carrot cake slices (8 syns)

Total syns = 14.5 syns

Last edited:
Fri 6th August

Breakfast - Allbran and Milk (HeA + B)

Lunch - Salad - king prawns, sweetcorn, lettuce, cucumber, beetroot with 1 tbsp extra light mayo (0.5 syns)

Dinner - Cod fillet with SW chips and mushy peas.
Strawberries and raspberries with 1x Activia fat free yogurt and 1x meringue nest (3 syns)

Snacks - Grapes

Total syns = 3.5 syns

Sat 7th Aug

Breakfast - 2x quorn sausages, bacon, baked beans, 2x poached eggs, tomato.

Lunch - Salad - king prawns, sweetcorn, lettuce, cucumber, beetroot.

Dinner - Syn free pizza - smash base with sweetcorn, ham, pineapple, chopped tomatoes and 57g low fat mozarella cheese (HeA)

Snacks - Grapes and banana
2 x Alpen light bars (HeB)
Angel cake slice (7 syns)
Milk for tea (1 syn)

Total syns = 8 syns

Sun 8th August

Breakfast - Allbran and milk (HeA + B)

Lunch - Ham, mackerel fillet, carrot and cucumber.

Dinner - Roast chicken, new potatoes, peas, broccoli, cauliflower, carrot, chicken stock gravy (made with stock cube and 2 tbsp smash to thicken)

Snacks - Banana with fat free natural yogurt and 1 tbsp honey (2.5 syns)
3x coconut ring biscuits (6 syns)
Grapes

Total syns = 8.5 syns

Mon 9th August

Breakfast - Allbran and milk (HeA+B)

Lunch - Salad - Bacon, new potatoes, carrot and cucumber.

Dinner - Asda chickpea dahl with brown rice, broccoli, cauliflower and babycorn.

Snacks - Strawberries, raspberries and grapes with ff natural yogurt and a meringue nest (3 syns)
Grapes

Total syns = 3 syns

All up to date now with my food diaries. Hope I'm doing it right because I have been really enjoying my first week so far. Really been working to make sure I get that 1/3 superfree. :D Hope it reflects at weigh in on Weds!

Tues 10th August

Breakfast - Allbran and milk (HeA+B).

Lunch - Baxters tomato soup (6.5 syns)
Banana.

Dinner - Tuna steak with Ainsley Harriott Spelt (0.5 syns) and broccoli, babycorn and sugarsnap peas.

Snacks - Strawberries, raspberries and grapes with Activia ff yogurt.
Grapes

Total syns = 7 syns

The Ainsley Harriot Spelt was soooo good, I could eat it all day!! So creamy and I cant believe it was only 0.5syns! Think I will be stocking up on more of it next shop. I can definitely recommend it! Yum scrum :D

First weigh in tomorrow, so feeling a bit nervous! Soon see how I've got on with my first EE week. Really hoping I see results as I've enjoyed it so much.

good luck with weigh in tomorrow :)

Thank you hun! Trying not to think about it too much because I keep getting butterflies, lol.

Aww, thank you louise :D x

Bit bummed out about my first weigh in tonight, but not going to say much coz I'll end up moaning and probably get a slap on the wrists, lol.

Weds 11th August

I've been bad, silly silly billy. :copon: So I lost 2.5lbs at my first weigh in, which if I'm totally honest I was disapointed with at the time. I know, I know, its a good loss, but I was expecting it to be more in my first week, thats what has happened in the past. So I got home and felt a bit fed up and at some cakey things that hubby bought :eek: I think I'm over it now and feeling ready to tackle the next week on plan. I didn't use up all my syns last week so hopefully it wont make too big an impact, so I'm not going to worry too much about it.

So, sticking to EE again this week because I really enjoyed it, diary for today:

Breakfast - Allbran and milk (HeA+B).

Lunch - Baxters tomato soup (6.5 syns)
Banana.

Dinner - SW prawn curry with new potatoes, broccoli, babycorn and green beans.

Snacks - Strawberries and raspberries with Activia ff yogurt.
4x Country cake slices (24syns) :hide:

Total syns = 30.5 syns

So my total syns for this week was 75, phew. Just need to not repeat the country cake slice episode, lol.

Heres to another enjoyable week on plan!!

Back