Emily's Diary - All I want for Xmas is my half stone shiney :D

Sat 16th Oct

Breakfast - Allbran and milk (HeA + B) with strawberries.

Lunch - Pasta with ham and 2tbsp thousand island dressing (4syns)

Dinner - 2x burgers, babycorn, broccoli and green beans, 1tbsp light salad dressing (1.5syns)

Snacks - Whoopie pie (21syns)
Cupcake (11syns)

Drinks - Tea x 3, Water x 4

Total syns = 37.5 syns

Exercise = 30mins brisk walk

So I actually calculated my syns, oh dear. Nothing I can do now, so onwards and downwards(on the scales).......hopefully!

Sun 17th Oct

Woke up really really late today (like 11:30am!) so only had two meals. Really craving sweet stuff following the disaster yesterday, hence the Options which helped a bit. Got back on the exercise bike again! Wasn't too bad, we will see if I can keep it up though....

Red Day

Breakfast/Lunch - Allbran and milk (HeA + B) with strawberries.

Dinner - Ham, 2x poached eggs, babycorn, broccoli and green beans, 1tbsp light salad dressing (1.5syns)

Snacks - Options hot choc (2syns)
2x Alpen light bars (HeB)

Drinks - Tea x 3, Water x 4

Total syns = 3.5 syns

Exercise = 35mins exercise bike

you had such a light breakfast/lunch! I woke up later than you, still had quite alot of food, haha!

I really should make myself go to the gym next week (thought about going today but didn't in the end! was too busy watching grey's anatomy!)

Mon 18th Oct

Red Day
Breakfast - Allbran and milk (HeA + B) with strawberries.

Lunch - Salad (carrot, cucumber and lettuce) with ham and 2tbsp thousand island dressing (4 syns)

Dinner - Roast chicken with broccoli, cauliflower, babycorn, and peas.

Snacks - 2x
Alpen light bar (HeB)
Banana

Drinks - Tea x 2, Water x 4

Total syns = 4 syns

Exercise = 30 mins brisk walk

Absolutely dreading weigh in tomorrow!! I don't feel like I've lost any weight over the last two weeks at all. Although I have been good I feel like even if I eat even one thing thats naughty I gain. So with Whoopie pie and cupcake in mind I don't feel very hopeful.

Also have failed with the gold body magic this week, think its the darker evening and the coooold weather. So I'm going to have to start that from scratch again :(

I don't want to go tomorrow :( :( :( :(

I'm really seriously considering stopping going to class. What is the point of paying £10 a week (me and hubby) when both of us seem to be losing and gaining the same few lbs every week. It is so so frustrating!!!!!!
I feel that I have been really good this week and tried really hard to stick to plan. The only thing I did wrong was having the whoopie pie and cupcake at the weekend. But that cant have undone all my hard work surely. I had pretty low syn days the rest of the week so I don't think I went over my allowance for the week.
Again this week I don't feel like there is any point in going to class because I know I haven't lost anything again. Weighed this morning and I was the same as I was 2 weeks ago. I haven't even reached my half stone award yet!! So so far I have paid out £60 to lose 5.5lbs!! £120 for both me and hubby. When money is tight at the moment it just doesn't make sense. And going to class doesn't seem to be helping motivate me to be honest, looking at my track record!

I don't know what to do!!!!! Problem is going it alone obviously doesn't work for me either! Grrrr, I hate hate hate being fat!!!!!!! Makes me want to cry :'(

I believe you would have lost something over the last week, if not, their scale is probably faulty!

Why don't you do your weighing at home, like I do? Unless you think being weighed by someone else and going to the image therapy make a difference in terms of weightloss, I can't see why I should pay a fiver each week. (and a tenner for you and your hubby)

If you decide to go weigh in tonight, best of luck. Hope you'll get the shinny you deserve :)

I'm done, I'm well and truly done. I don't know what more I can do other than starve myself and spend the whole day exercising. I have gained 0.5lb. I just cant believe it and I am more than gutted right now. I just came home and burst into tears. Then my hubby has a go at me coz he thinks I'm being silly. But he STS so hes fine.

I cant go on paying £5/£10 a week for nothing. I'm just worried about how I will get on going it alone. And without access to SW online and recipe books and things. Oh I don't know what to do :'(

big hugs!! it's only 0.5 pounds though, could easily be some random fluctuation of the scale / water retention issue.

as you probably know I've been doing this without going to the group for 2 weeks now. to be honest, I find I get more support here from the forum from you and other fellow sw-ers than from my C in the group. unless you really find it useful to go to the group, I'd save those 10 quid a month!

Without access to SW online, I use a "rule of thumb" of 20 kcal = 1 syn for any non-free food. (I read that somewhere from the forum) If there's some free food, only include the calories from the non-free food. Not perfect, but good enough I think.

Regardless of going to the group or not, don't give up! Eating healthily (more veg, more fruit, less fat, less refined carb) is good for us, it'll help us get the body shape we want. It may be slow, but I think we're getting there, slowly but surely. Let's do this together!

Sorry that you are feeling down Emily. your 0.5 lb could easily be fluid. I have stopped going to group this week and have decided to try with just the support of others on this forum. If I fail then I might think again, but quite honestly I can't really afford it at the moment. Hope you are feeling better today. Sending lots of hugs your way. X:)

Emily i know exactly how u feel. Ive been going through the same for the past few months myself. I have now decided to give it another shot. Cause at the end of the day, i dont want to be feelingl ike this for the rest of my life, and if it means to sacrifice for a few months to get to my weight and then manage it, then come on, its not hard work..

Dream and Jane are great girls to boost ya on.. fair play girls..

WOuld ye mind if i joined in with the daily diaries and motivation tips.. :)
Im 30 in feb, and would really like to arrive at my party with a wow factor.. 19 wks to go with xmas inbetween, i know its going to be a challenge, but i think with great motiviation, support from each other, advice from each other and determination ill get there.. :) (now wasnt that some mouthful of inspiration im tryin to tell myself all afternoon haha)

Hi Emily!

Have just read your diary, don't give up - even though you feel you've 'only' lost 5.5lb, its 5.5lb more than you would have otherwise. And what's the rush? You're already eating healthier and getting exercise (much more than i do, really need to change that), so does it really matter if you have a few slip ups along the way and it takes a bit longer.

I know how frustrating it is, i'm so impatient and always want to have lost weight yesterday - i've lost and put on the same couple of stone more times than i can remember! But you WILL get there in the end.

Stop going to class for a few weeks if moneys tight, but make use of this site! There are so many helpful people on here who will give you advice and motivation. I'm doing it alone, partly coz i can't afford the groups, and this site is such a help.

Just take things one step at a time, and don't give up! Best of luck hun xxx

Hi all, thank you so much for your lovely comments. I am feeling much better now, but I was really really down the evening after weigh in. Thankfully, where in the past I would have just sat and eaten all sorts of rubbish, it actually had the opposite effect on me this time. I couldn't face eating anything, I actually felt physically sick when I thought about any form of food. So that is a plus I suppose, I haven't binged out and done even more damage.

I've decided to keep going to class for now, and see how I get on up to Xmas. Hubby is going to stop going though because I don't think he takes is as seriously as me, so he can just weigh at home. So at least we will be saving £5 a week. I just think back to last year when I was going to a different class then stopped, I kind of went off the rails. So although I'm not losing loads while going to class, I think it keeps me on the straight and narrow.

Irishtweet - yea, definitely join in with the daily diaries etc, I find it really helps. Have you started one already?

Emmster - I think the reason I get so upset and frustrated is because I just don't feel any different even though I have lost 5lbs. When I started SW I wanted to have reached target by Xmas, which was doable at the time. And would have loved to have at least dropped a dress size for my 5th wedding anniversary in November, just so I could feel happier about myself. But I feel no different and I'm running out of time. I think I need to accept that it is going to take me a lot longer than I would like.

Anyway, enough rambling, I've been doing far too much of it recently, sorry folks, lol. Just out of interest do any of you guys have/use Facebook? I'm on there all the time if anyone wants to add me for a bit of extra support :D

Hope everyone is having a good 100% Slimming world day xx

Hi Emily!

Glad to hear that you're feeling more positive now, and are going to keep perservering. Yes, it will take longer than you wanted, or first thought it would, but then the longer it takes the more chance you have of keeping it off longterm.

I think i'm going to have a gain or STS this week (as i had a sneak peak a couple of days ago) :cry:Will be pretty disappointed, as i've made such an effort to be good this week - had loads of superfree and not gone over syns on any day. But I guess thats sometimes the way it goes unfortunately. Norm i would be tempted to give up, but having this forum makes it feel as though i've got more support. I also post a daily food diary, and do think it helps. So will also stick it out until at least christmas and if i see no difference by then, i might reappraise what to do.

Anyway, good luck Emily - we're all here to give support if you're having a bad day or feeling down. Remember to keep us posted on how you're doing! x

Hi folks. Haven't been feeling too great the last few days. Have woken up with a headache every morning and not been able to shake it. I don't know if it has anything to do with getting back on plan again and missing sweet stuff/carbs etc. So I've been feeling hungry but not in my stomach, in my head, if that makes sense!

I'm really trying to cut back on my carb intake to see if that helps and I've been having soup for lunch again because a cold salad isn't very enjoyable when its cold outside (and inside!). I'm going to start a new food diary on Wednesday, well Thursday after this weeks weigh in using a new format I have seen on here. It keeps everything together so I can see the whole weeks food in one place. I really really want to have a proper honest 100% week this week. Please please please. I'm wondering whether I need to start filling in a food diary for my Consultant again like I did in the first few weeks of joining, as that seemed to work and it kept me on track for those few weeks. Maybe I will have a work with her if she is free during class this week. Might even stay for Image therapy, you never know! If they claim that losses are better for people who stay it might be worth a shot.

Have set my Christmas target. 11st 9.5lbs, so 1stone loss. At the moment that is 9lb between now and Xmas, which I'm hoping and praying is doable. Should be anyway if I can just stick with it.

Wish I could bottle all this positive energy/thoughts so I can take some when I'm feeling weak and demotivated!

Emily

Given you're paying a fiver each week for the group support, and given you also think that doing the paper food diary will help you focus during the week, by all means do the paper food diary, have a word with your C for her suggestion, and say for the image therapy!!* Coz looking at your track record you lost 6 pounds over the first month.* If you can repeat that loss by doing IT and paper food diary, you can lose a stone by Christmas, or maybe even more!!

For me, I'm going to try to have less carb for dinner (hard, but my hubby won't be home for dinner for two evenings this week so that will make it alittle easier)* I hope to lose at least 2.5 pounds ASAP to get myself into the 10s territory, and hopefully abit more by end of November so I'll be just under 150 pounds in December.* I'll be travelling with some friends who weigh about 100 pounds, and I don't want to look like I'm twice their size in the photos!

Hi Emily,

Glad to hear you're keeping on with it, good on you! Tho its rubbish you're not feeling great. I guess it is probably the lack of carbs, but your body will get used to it and if you keep up the healthy eating you should soon find you have heaps more energy. Maybe try eating a bit more fruit? I find that normally gives me a bit of energy and perks me up, as it'll raise your blood sugar a bit but in a 'good' sugar way - if that makes sense!

What is image therapy? (i'm just doing SW by myself at home, so don't really know anything about the meetings) I think you should def stay for that, and see if it helps. And like dreamaholic says, you're paying so you should ask your C to have a glance over your diary.

6lbs in a month is a great loss, i'd be very pleased with that. Only managed 1/2lb this week and I made such an effort to be good, lol. Oh well. 9lb is definately doable by Christmas, as there are almost 9 weeks left until then. Keep hold of those positive thoughts, and try not to let things get you down - it will be frustrating at times, but so worth it at the end!

Dreamaholic - Good luck with losing your 2.5lbs, i always think it feels so good when you break through a stone boundary :) Where is it you're travelling to?

Hi Emily

I've not been around much have I? I'm in the exact same boat as you (both how you feel and the amoount of weight loss)so I'm totally with you. I was supposed to be really good yesterday after the disaster that was last week but ended up with a crisp butty for lunch followed by biscuits and then nothing for tea as I've had root canal treatment and my tooth is killing me :( I really need to get myself more organised!!

Someone suggested on a thread that you should mke things interesting by doing different things on different days/weeks such as all red all green fish week etc etc. Sounds good to me although extra easy is by far the best for me. Might stir things up a bit.

I think once we manage to get a bit of monentum things will get easier and easier. I've found if I really ask myself do I really want to eat this most of the time the answer is no but I never stop long enough to ask I just shovel it down my neck and before I know it I've eaten loads. My goal this week is to stop and really think about whether I really want to eat something before I eat it.

xxx

Did my weekly weigh in at home this morning, and I've stayed the same. So trying to prepare myself for a STS or even a gain at class tonight. Not sure how I can prepare myself for that and I'm sure I will be in despair, but we shall see. Have been feeling so positive all this week but I think this might break me, cant believe I cant even shift half a pound!

Back