Emily's Journey to a Jawline - including food pics!

sounds yummy.

I'd be interested to see if you manage anything fab with tofu.
I never quite know what to do with the stuff.

Ooh and let us know what tapas you're going to have tomorrow. Love King Prawns.

Are you making the tapas?
If you are I would thoroughly recommend patatas bravas but using sweet potato and a big sprinkling of sweetener in amongst it. My mouth is watering just at the thought!!!

I'd be interested to see if you manage anything fab with tofu.
I never quite know what to do with the stuff.

Ooh and let us know what tapas you're going to have tomorrow. Love King Prawns.

Are you making the tapas?
If you are I would thoroughly recommend patatas bravas but using sweet potato and a big sprinkling of sweetener in amongst it. My mouth is watering just at the thought!!!

Oooooooooooo that's sounds like an interesting recipe! I love chilli and garlic king prawns mmmmmm

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins.com mobile app

I have no idea what to do with tofu, but after some minor research I think I'm going to marinade it in some sort of asian inspired marinade and bake it in the oven? Will let you know how it goes!

Sweet potatoes are AMAZING. Alas, we do not have any in :( so regular patatas it shall be. I'm also prawnophobic, but my husband would probably love those! I think our tapas plan is:

Patatas bravas
Smoked Paprika Chicken and Chorizo (2 syns per person)
Spanish meatballs
Roasted peppers
Serrano ham wrapped mozzarella (I don't know how spanish this is but I'mma make it anyways)
Chilli and lemon hummus
Massive leafy salad

Change of plans for dinner tonight, had loads of left over roast beef in the fridge, so had a sweet chilli beef stir fry with some rice. Was delicious!

Here's a pic!

IMG_8261.jpg

I have no idea what to do with tofu, but after some minor research I think I'm going to marinade it in some sort of asian inspired marinade and bake it in the oven? Will let you know how it goes!

Sweet potatoes are AMAZING. Alas, we do not have any in :( so regular patatas it shall be. I'm also prawnophobic, but my husband would probably love those! I think our tapas plan is:

Patatas bravas
Smoked Paprika Chicken and Chorizo (2 syns per person)
Spanish meatballs
Roasted peppers
Serrano ham wrapped mozzarella (I don't know how spanish this is but I'mma make it anyways)
Chilli and lemon hummus
Massive leafy salad

Change of plans for dinner tonight, had loads of left over roast beef in the fridge, so had a sweet chilli beef stir fry with some rice. Was delicious!

Here's a pic!

View attachment 122048
looks lovely. What sauce did you use, just sweet chilli? Looking for inspiration for tomorrow nights dinner! Am thinking sweet chilli chicken and rice and seen a few different recipes, some with balsamic, some with soy sauce. Just wondered what you used.

Thanks, I made mine by fry lighting a wok and frying a red pepper, spring onions and quite a few regular onions. Once they were cooked, I added the cooked meat, crushed garlic, 2 tablespoons or so of soy sauce, a teeny bit (about a regular teaspoon) of rice wine vinegar and fish sauce (smells gross but makes food taste good!) and a little bit of five spice. Once that'd all cooked for about a minute, I added 3 tablespoons of sweet chilli sauce which came to 4.5 syns. It made enough for 2, so I'm counting it as 2.5 syns roughtly. Was very tasty! Especially with some extra chopped spring onion on top. Hope that's some help! x

My mouth is watering at that tapas list. Youll have to put the recipe of a couple of those up :D My OH loves tapas, I might make it for him for our anniversary in a couple of weeks instead of going out and being naughty!

My mouth is watering at that tapas list. Youll have to put the recipe of a couple of those up :D My OH loves tapas, I might make it for him for our anniversary in a couple of weeks instead of going out and being naughty!

Good plan! I'm thinking of doing something similar for V day! Or something equally as yum! :D

Bad news for today on the tapas front, it's being postponed until tomorrow! Sad times, but will instead be making a very tasty chicken dopiaza with onion fried rice and minted cucumber and carrot salad. Today's foodage has been:

Day 25? Extra easy

Hifi bars (hexb)
Banana
Sweet chilli chicken chunks (1 syn)
Chicken dopiaza, saag 'paneer', cucumber mint salad, and onion fried rice (3 syns + hexa)
Berries

Total syns: 3

Also done about 4 hours worth of walking today! Body magic high five! x

Hi I've just read your diary. You're doing amazingly well & make some great sounding food. I'm going to try to make some of them, all I seem to be eating is pasta & chicken casserole. Only 3 wks in I'm already getting bored. Your diary has made me realise I just need to do a bit more planning & be a bit more adventurous. :)

Hi I've just read your diary. You're doing amazingly well & make some great sounding food. I'm going to try to make some of them, all I seem to be eating is pasta & chicken casserole. Only 3 wks in I'm already getting bored. Your diary has made me realise I just need to do a bit more planning & be a bit more adventurous. :)

Thank you so much! I get bored of the same food quite quickly, but I also seem to go through phases of having the same thing all the time. I've had SO many sweet chilli dishes lol. I've also kind of realised that pretty much any recipe can be adapted to make a slimming world version. It's actually quite fun coming up with ideas. :) This Friday will be my 4th weigh in, so we probably started at similar times. Hope your journey is going well so far!

Just finished my dinner, t'was amazing! It actually tasted like a take away. Here's a pic, with a close up of the rice cause it was super awesome.

Yum.jpg

Thank you so much! I get bored of the same food quite quickly, but I also seem to go through phases of having the same thing all the time. I've had SO many sweet chilli dishes lol. I've also kind of realised that pretty much any recipe can be adapted to make a slimming world version. It's actually quite fun coming up with ideas. :) This Friday will be my 4th weigh in, so we probably started at similar times. Hope your journey is going well so far!

Just finished my dinner, t'was amazing! It actually tasted like a take away. Here's a pic, with a close up of the rice cause it was super awesome.

View attachment 122213
Looks amazing Emily. Which recipe did you use? My homemade curry never gets such a depth of colour like yours.

Thanks Lindsay, here's the recipe, although I don't know how authentic it is lol, but it's what I do and it seems to turn out well! It also seems like a lot of ingredients, but to be honest I'd just use whatever spices or herbs you have. Trial and error is the way forward!

Chicken Dopiaza - Serves 4
Ingredients:

4 Chicken breasts (or 6 thighs)
3 Onions, sliced
2 Green peppers, sliced
4 Tomatoes, cut into large chunks (chunked?)
Chicken stock
1 tbsp of Tomato puree
4 Tbsp Curry Powder (I use mild madras powder)
2 Tbsp Turmeric
1 Tbsp Ground coriander
1 Tbsp Cumin
1 Tbsp Garam Masala
1 Tbsp Fish sauce
2-3 Garlic Cloves, crushed
A thumb size piece of fresh ginger, finely diced
A small chilli, finely diced - I used 2 frozen chilli cubes!
Salt & Pepper
A large handful of fresh coriander and methi, chopped up

Step 1: In a large pan, fry the onions and peppers on a medium heat until almost cooked. Add the turmeric and some more fry light.

Step 2: Add the tomatoes and chicken, I cut the chicken into pretty large chunks but do whatever you fancy!

Step 3: Once the chicken starts to get some colour, add the rest of the spices (except stock, puree and coriander/methi). Turn the heat on high for a minute or so and if it starts to stick, add more frylight!

Step 4: Add enough chicken stock to cover it all and 2/3 of the coriander and methi. Simmer on low-medium for about 15 minutes and reduce the sauce. I normally do a quick taste test and make sure it’s yummy enough, if not, add more curry powder until you’re happy with it! Add the tomato puree and cook for another 5-10 minutes.

Step 5: Once the sauce is how you like it, turn off and serve. Done! Woohoo.

Methi is a fresh herb and looks similar to fresh coriander, they sell it at our local Asda in big bunches. It actually smells like curry! It's probably quite hard to find though, but I don't think it would make that much difference really. I don't think the fish sauce would make much difference either! Although it's a handy thing to have if you like asian food, as it's used quite a lot in asian cooking, especially chinese meals. It's also about £1.50 for a bottle, and mines lasted me a year lol. It smells horrible though!

Here's the recipe for the rice, I typed them all up when I finished cooking so I don't forget, so it's no problem! Sorry if it's a bit confusing!

Onion fried rice
This is a tricky one, as I just guess most of the ingredients! But here is the general recipe behind it and hopefully it makes sense. I also find this works better by cooking bigger batches! I also use a very large tupperware container, so the water doesn’t over flow! When I’ve tried making it in smaller pots it never really goes to plan. Here goes:

Ingredients:

Finely chopped white onions
Fresh coriander or methi (or both!)
Salt and peppers
Ground turmeric
Basmati rice
Cold chicken stock (or cold water with a stock pot put in there! I used liquid stock)

Step 1: Lightly fry the onion until half cooked and starting to brown.

Step 2: Before you start the rice, make sure you have a seal tight tupperware container or a microwaveable dish that you can cover with cling film. Decide on the amount of rice you wish to use. For every cup of rice you cook, you will need two cups of chicken stock. So for example - if you wish to cook a regular mug or teacup, you would double the quantity of stock. (I normally pour the rice into the container, and roughly measure where it comes to and then pour in double that amount of stock by height.)

Step 3: Wash the rice to rinse off any starch. Once washed, add about a tablespoon of turmeric, a large pinch of salt and pepper and the fried onions. Add the stock (this should be cold!) and cover so that it is airtight.

Step 4: Microwave for 10-15 minutes. 15 for larger quantities, if you’re doing a smaller portion, check at 10 minutes.

Step 5: Very finely chop the coriander or methi, you only need a handful or less, depending on your preference. Once the rice is done, it should be fluffy and all liquid gone, sprinkle the coriander through and leave to rest for a minute or so.

Done! :)

I'm definitely going to try the curry and the rice they look great.
Next weigh in on Friday so I'm hoping to have another loss. Hope it's a good week for all of us

lol @ chunked

You're welcome!

No idea if tapas night is going to happen tonight or not. I'm working until 6.30pm, so dinner is in the inept hands of my lovely mother! Fingers crossed it's still got the go ahead!

Day 26 - Extra easy

Hifi bars (hexb)
Left over indian feast (hexa)
Banana
Some sort of dinner, will update later!
Bowl of berries

Total syns so far: 0

Shall update this properly later!

We tapas-ed! T'was AMAZING. It was super rushed cause I got in late but still 9/10 on the yum scale. We had...

Beef and chorizo meatballs (2 syns)
A slice of parma ham
Salad
Garlic and herb chicken
Patatas bravas topped with cheese (hexa)
Smoked paprika hummus

I'm so full up. I feel like a blob.

Tapas.jpg

Back