Emily's Journey to a Jawline - including food pics!

I don't think I did! I'll definitely give it a go though, madras is my favourite! I'm glad your head is in a good place, I think regardless of how much we lose it's the sticking to plan that counts. :)

Had a few treats yesterday as it was weigh day! I was really good on Friday, despite not being home and my nan offering me multiple buttery treats haha, but I managed to stick to plan 100%. I weighed myself yesterday and was a bit disappointed to see that I'd only lost 1lb - especially for my first week. When I actually thought about it though, I'd been calorie counting since I got back from Norway - so even though I started SW on 16th, chances are I'd lost a little bit before then so I wouldn't get a big first week loss anyway. Nevermind!

Onward and downward! I'd like to try and lose 3lbs this week, so I'm going full force into this week! :cool:

Today's foodage:

Hifi bar lights x 2 (HEXb)
Bowl of strawberries
Leek and potato soup (1 syn)
Spicy chicken sausage and bacon risotto with roasted tomatoes (2 syns)
Hot chocolate (2 syns + HEXa)

Total syns: 5

E x

How come your soup and risotto syns? And how do you make the spicy chicken sausage risotto - it sounds lovely!

I'm not bothered how much I lose each week. Although obviously I'll be made up with a big loss, my only aim is to get a loss each week regardless of size - I just want it to go in the right direction :) x

Syns in the soup is for a tablespoon of half fat creme fraiche - although I've just checked the label and it's actually only 1 syn per tablespoon, and I only used one between two portions - so really it was only 0.5 syn but I'll round up to 1 to be on the safe side. Syns in the risotto is for two Heck Chicken Italia sausages, half a syn each! And an extra syn for the roasted tomatoes as I'll be using spray rapeseed oil instead of fry light for those.

I don't really have a recipe as such, but I'm going to fry off the chopped chicken sausages, bacon, mushrooms, onions and peppers, add some chilli, paprika, garlic, and turmeric and risotto rice, and then cook with chicken stock until the rice is cooked! I might add some chopped coriander in there too. I tend to just make things up as I go and hope for the best haha. I'll take a photo if it turns out okay!

That's definitely the right attitude to have! I'm trying not to get too hung up on the numbers and focus on the long term. I've seen some amazing before on afters on instagram lately, they're so inspiring. I know it sounds silly but sometimes I can't ever imagine being slim, but seeing all those success stories is making me start believing I actually can do this. Just gotta stick it out!

E x

Just finished it - I liked it a lot! It's the first time I've tried them and they're quite nice! Very italian tasting haha. I'd buy them again for sure. Here's a pic!

IMG_20160124_191724.jpg

Quick food plan for tomorrow:

Hifi bar light x 2 (HEXb)
Left over risotto (1 syns)
Bowl of strawberries plus sugar free jelly (0.5 syns)
Sweet and sour chicken with rice and veggies (1 syn)
Hot chocolate (HEXa + 2 syns)

Total syns: 4.5

E x

Awesome, let me know how it goes! :) I had some left over for lunch, and decided to forfeit my hot chocolate for 30g cheese. I mixed the cheese into the left over risotto and then fried it in frylight - was so, so good!

Today's food plan now looks like this:

Hifi bar x 2 (HEXb)
Left over risotto with 30g cheese (HEXa + 1 syn)
Bowl of strawberries plus sugar free jelly (0.5 syns)
Sweet and sour chicken with rice and veggies (1 syn)

Total syns: 2.5

I might have an options hot chocolate later, will see how I feel!

E x

Here to SUB! :) Read the first few pages but need to catch up :) xx

Hey Lucie! This is going to sound a bit mad but we've actually met a few times before? Haha it's Emily from BGP Magazine (and associated events)? Although I no longer work there, long story! Thanks for the sub and CONGRATS on the amazing losses so far! You're doing epic! :)

Doing mine a bit different from yours. Scoffed a sausage whilst the risotto is cooking - they're yummy!!!

Ohh I saw on your diary, it looked amazing! They're super yum aren't they? I've seen a recipe where you make a sort of SW friendly scotch egg using 2 sausages wrapped around a boiled egg and then baked - definitely going to have to try them at some point.

Okay, plan for today!

Today's food plan:

Chicken and mushroom batchelor's pasta with added leeks (1 syn + little bit of HEXa)
Bowl of strawberries
Hifi bar x 2 (HEXb)
Orange gammon, roasted new potatoes, cabbage, leeks
Glass of milk (HEXa)

Total syns: 2

I'll update this later with a proper run down! Oh, and food pic from last night's sweet and sour chicken. Looks a bit of a mess tbh but it tasted really good! I made it with sugar free orangeade, a bit similar to the diet coke chicken I guess. It was yum!

E x

Attachments

• IMG_20160125_184206.jpg
    IMG_20160125_184206.jpg
    371.1 KB · Views: 22
Done a few slimming world style calculations, and it turns out my pasta was actually syn free! :cool: So, I've decided today will be now a little more like this:

Today's food plan:

Chicken and mushroom batchelor's pasta with added leeks (2.5 syns for milk)
Bowl of strawberries
Hifi bar x 2 (HEXb)
Orange gammon, cheesy mash potatoes, cabbage, leeks (1.5 syns for mash + HEXa)
Sugar free jelly (0.5 syns)

Total syns: 4.5 :)

Just tried the gammon and it's delish! Will photo later!

E x

Last edited:
Dinner was amazing! Frozen mash is the best thing ever and the SF orangeade worked awesome on the gammon. :D

E x

Attachments

• 12592025_10156460046530511_457153023_o.jpg
    12592025_10156460046530511_457153023_o.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 23
That looks yum. How did you do the orange on the gammon?

I cooked it in sugar free orangeade! I basically filled the roasting pan up with as much orangeade, and basted it every 30 minutes or so until it was roasted. It wasn't overpoweringly orangey, but it was nice. :)

how was the pasta free if you used milk? Isn't it only free if made up with only water? Or if you use milk from healthy A?

Ah, I think I worded it badly! I previously thought that Batcherlor's chicken and mushroom pasta was 1 syn, plus any milk used. When I realised it was free, I thought I'd syn the milk and use my HEXa in the cheesy mash instead!

I'm really confused about the syn value of the mash potato. I don't know if it means 1.5 syns per 130g cooked or 130g frozen. :( I'm hoping it won't make too much difference, I only had 4.5 syns yesterday anyways so there was room for error.

On to today! I start struggling a bit when it gets to the last few days before it's time to go food shopping. Where I live now means I can't go to the shop if I run out of anything during the week, and we had more people over for dinner on Saturday night than I was expecting, so I used up more food than I'd intended! Sad times. It's not the end of the world, just makes it a bit harder to stick to my original meal plan. Here's the food plan at present...

Today's foods:

Sausages, beans, new potatoes (1.5 syn but no SP!)
Bowl of strawberries
Egg fried rice with left over gammon and cabbage

Total syns: 3.5

I know I need to try and get in more super free foods with my food, but I really struggle eating any sort of vegetables with baked beans lol. I have no idea why! I'm hoping the occasional meal won't do too much damage. :rolleyes:

E x

Last edited:
Quick food pic of my lunch - much prefer the Heck chicken sausages like this than in the risotto! I'm thinking they'd be nice in pasta too!

E x

Attachments

• 12630859_10156462819815511_206355065_o.jpg
    12630859_10156462819815511_206355065_o.jpg
    289.5 KB · Views: 31
Today is now a little more like this!

Today's foods:

Sausages, beans, new potatoes (1.5 syn but no SP!)
Bowl of strawberries
Egg fried rice with left over gammon and cabbage (3 syns - 1.5 for oil, 1.5 for Sweet Chill Sauce)

Total syns: 6.5

Planning ahead for tomorrow:

Pea, spinach and bacon soup (1 syn)
Cheese burgers, sweet potato fries, leaf salad (Both HEX + 3 syns for BBQ sauce)
Hifi Bar Light (3 syns)

Total syns: 7.5

I am so looking forward to sweet potato fries. :D

I'm also coming round to the idea that this is going to take a long time, and that's okay. Just 1lb a week is 52lbs gone in a year. I'm aiming to lose around 50lbs, and if I could do that in a year that would be amazing. I want to make this as doable as possible for as long as possible. My BMI is currently 37.5 :eek: and it needs to be under 30 for fertility treatment, and that's three stone away. I can definitely lose three stone! I remember stepping on the scales and seeing the little red dial whiz past 16 stone, and how daunting it felt knowing that I had 7 stone to lose. It felt impossible, but I'm halfway there. :cool: Onwards and downwards.

E x

Thanks Hannah, I have a lot of faith in both of us this year! :)

Today's foods:

Cheese, leek and ham pasta 'n' sauce with spinach, mushrooms and bacon (1 syn + some of HEXa)
Cheese burgers, sweet potato fries, leaf salad (Both HEX + 3 syns for BBQ sauce)
Hifi Bar Light (3 syns)

Total syns: 7.5

Really looking forward to doing the food shop tomorrow. I'm going to try and do a SW friendly curry night on Saturday, as a bit of a treat. Liam's on call all weekend so we can't really go out anywhere, so it'll be nice to have a swish meal in! So far I'm thinking:

Lamb dupiaza (1 syn for oil)
Saag "paneer" (HEXa)
Bombay potatoes
Onion bhajis
Mushroom rice (0.5 syns for oil)
1 x Poppadum (1.5 syn)
Onion and cucumber salad
Mango chutney (2 syns)
Mint yogurt (0.5 syns)

So the total syns should come up at 5.5 + HEXa, which is pretty good for a treat night! Other meal ideas for next week are:

- Chicken chow mein with crispy kale (3 syns for sesame oil)
- Chicken stuffed with cheese wrapped in parma ham, with roasted sweet potatoes and green beans (HEXa + 1 syn)
- Tomato, garlic and basil chicken topped with mozzarella, with spaghetti and green beans (HEXa)
- Mid-week "fry up" - Heck sausages, bacon, beans, poached egg, new potatoes and mushrooms (1 syn)
- Bacon cheeseburger, with coleslaw and sweet potato wedges (HEXab + 5 syns - worth it!)

I'm also going to try and have soup more frequently for lunch. I've been going a bit OTT on the pasta front, so it'd be good to mix it up a bit!

Will post a pic of the burgers later! :D

E x

Last edited:
This is probably my most favourite SW meal I've cooked this year! So, so tasty!

E x

Attachments

• 12596967_10156466883200511_1944220565_o.jpg
    12596967_10156466883200511_1944220565_o.jpg
    306.7 KB · Views: 30
Back