Emily's Journey to a Jawline - including food pics!

Blueberries are low sugar though, I wonder why they're not speed. All the other non speed fruit are much higher sugar.

Bless you with the fire alarm sitch, that's terrible/hilarious. Before we got an extractor I used to set our fire alarm off every five minutes, I imagine the neighbours would love me.

Blueberries aren't that low in sugar, they're 10% more or less in line with bananas and kiwi fruit etc. They have twice the amount of sugar per 100g than strawberries and raspberries etc. Either way they're still good for you and full of antioxidants so don't stop having them altogether.

H x

Blueberries aren't much higher than straws. They're a low carb staple because they're low sugar. Strawberries (taking sunbliss as an eg) have 6g carbs per 100g. Blueberries 7g per 100g according to the back of the pack I have in the fridge. Bananas around 20g depending on variety - quite a dif! So I'm surprised they're not speed foods but definitely no harm eating them either way.

10g sugar per 100g in blueberries, 6g sugar per 100g in strawberries. Has to come down to sugar. Most slimming world fruit comes down to sugar content. Not massively different when you compare it to a banana but they are still almost double. Slimming world will have some calculation to work out via the nutritional info whether it's speed or not, much like their syns calculations I suspect, we'll never know.

blueberries.jpg

Strawberries.jpg

Last edited:
What delicious meals have you done today Emily? We wimped out of our dinner cos it was getting way too late to cook it all in time so we did a SW burger with loads of salad and some butternut squash with chilli flakes. It was lovely. I'm buying frozen butternut squash now. I nearly took my finger off last time I was cutting one up and the frozen tastes the same in the air fryer so it's not worth the prep!!! x

Tesco blueberries have 3g more sugar than waitrose blueberries, how extremely weird. I guess I'll stick to waitrose!

It must depend what variety they get from their farmers. Sw will take the ones that have the highest sugar content to protect their members' weight losses. Wonder if it's the same with other fruit like apples, and whether some of those have more than others? Not bothered anyway. It's all free so if I fancy it I'll have it. If it's speed too then that's just a bonus!

H x

Hey guys! Sorry I've been a bit quiet! I went back to Bournemouth for a few days and was sans laptop and wifi, so getting on here was a bit of a struggle! Did manage to read the blueberry debate though lol. It is strange than the nutritional value can vary so differently from stores. I don't think I'll be giving them up just yet though, the other nutritional benefits are good enough for me. :)

Frozen butternut squash sounds amazing, I didn't even know it existed! I bet it'd be good for butternut squash soup too. Good times.

Okay so, last few days! Here goes:

Thursday

So, I went back home on Thursday for the first time since I've started SW. Up until now, I've been working from home, so I haven't actually had to go out for lunch or be prepared and what not. I was very unprepared. After a 7am wake up, no breakfast and an hour long train journey, I was like ready to eat the train haha. Stayed strong though! I went to Tesco and bought a packet of cooked chicken, pot of fruit, some Chicken Fridge Raiders and some Naked Noodles that were both 2.5 syns according to the website. The noodles were the worst things in the world, I had maybe one mouthful and couldn't stomach the rest. So I ate the chicken and fruit, come 4pm I was super hungry so my friend offered me some quavers which I gladly accepted. Another 4 syns. Finished work, visited my Nan who had very kindly made an Iceland SW Chicken Tikka Masala and Veetee Rice, which was 0.5 syns. We're now on... 7 syns. I was still really hungry after this so I had some of the Popcorn Cereal from Asda and milk as my healthy extras! Total beast. I then went to visit my mum who gave me one of the new HiFi bars to try out, so another 3 syns there. So I ended the day on 10 syns. Could have been better, but could have been a lot worse.

Friday

Still in Bournemouth, but at my mum's who is also doing slimming world! She wakes up and makes us the best brunch ever, but no speed. We had bacon, poached eggs, sauteed new potatoes and beans. Was very yum! We were going to go to the zoo for the day but the weather was crazy horrible, so we went food shopping instead haha. Not quite the same, but was fun none the less. We'd had brunch fairly late, so I didn't need any lunch for the rest of the day. Oh, and I had a 1.5 syn mini toblerone which was amazing. I had two hifi bars on the drive back to mine, and then made a very tasty spaghetti and courgetti bolognese for dinner topped with 30g of grated cheddar! I'm sure I used some syns up on something but I can't remember what? Maybe I did, maybe I didn't. I know I went to bed thinking 'Yay, I've actually done it for three weeks', so it must have been within my syn limit lol.

Saturday

FIRST MILESTONE ACHIEVED! I know it's a bit lame but this is now officially the longest I've stuck to a diet since I gave up smoking! So I was super happy. I also weighed in and had lost 2.5lbs, which I was very, VERY happy with. So I'm now 13st 3.5lbs. Only 4lbs 'til I'm back in the 12's. :cool: I was also excited about my weigh day treat night. And up until now I hadn't really done anything that naughty for my treat nights. Last week I did the curry fest, the week before I just went out for lunch with my friend, so this time I was having a bunch of friends over for an epic feast, and I was reeeally looking forward to it. I had two hifi bars for breakfast, Batchelor's pasta for lunch, so kind of SW friendly until the evening. In the evening, I cooked:

Pulled pork
Southern fried chicken
Chilli beef nachos
Double baked sweet potatoes topped with cheese and bacon (definitely going to be making these the SW friendly way at some point, they were amazing!)
Garlic flatbreads
Lots of guacamole, salsa, sour cream
A very small bowl of salad haha

Seriously, as cheat meals go it was one of the best I could have had. As it was all sharing food, I didn't eat *as* much as I could have, but I still ate enough to be in a major food coma this morning and well and truly back on plan.

Today

So we're all back up to date! :) First milestone crossed off, here's to the next three weeks! Today I'm planning have a very minimal and clean food day after last night's treat. Definitely a pyjama, toast and tea kind of day!

Today's food plan:

Toast topped with butter (2 syns + HEXb)
Multiple teas (HEXa)
Honey chicken with new potatoes, carrots and cabbage (3 syns for honey)
Muller light goodies (2.5 syns)

Total syns: 7.5

Hope you're all doing well and having a lovely weekend!

E x

Last edited:
OMG, fantastic result and what an amazing feast. As you did it all at home I'm sure it wasn't even that wildly cheaty tbh but it sounds fantastic.

Finishing your unplanned traveling day on 10 syns sounds like a major achievement too. Vv well deserved loss!

OMG, fantastic result and what an amazing feast. As you did it all at home I'm sure it wasn't even that wildly cheaty tbh but it sounds fantastic.

Finishing your unplanned traveling day on 10 syns sounds like a major achievement too. Vv well deserved loss!

Thank you! :) Feeling rather pumped up and motivated for the week ahead. How are you getting on?

Quick dinner pic. The chicken was actually 1.5 syns, not 3. Good times!

E x

Attachments

• IMG_20160207_200241 (1).jpg
    IMG_20160207_200241 (1).jpg
    391.1 KB · Views: 24
Hey guys! Sorry I've been a bit quiet! I went back to Bournemouth for a few days and was sans laptop and wifi, so getting on here was a bit of a struggle! Did manage to read the blueberry debate though lol. It is strange than the nutritional value can vary so differently from stores. I don't think I'll be giving them up just yet though, the other nutritional benefits are good enough for me. :)

Frozen butternut squash sounds amazing, I didn't even know it existed! I bet it'd be good for butternut squash soup too. Good times.

Okay so, last few days! Here goes:

Thursday

So, I went back home on Thursday for the first time since I've started SW. Up until now, I've been working from home, so I haven't actually had to go out for lunch or be prepared and what not. I was very unprepared. After a 7am wake up, no breakfast and an hour long train journey, I was like ready to eat the train haha. Stayed strong though! I went to Tesco and bought a packet of cooked chicken, pot of fruit, some Chicken Fridge Raiders and some Naked Noodles that were both 2.5 syns according to the website. The noodles were the worst things in the world, I had maybe one mouthful and couldn't stomach the rest. So I ate the chicken and fruit, come 4pm I was super hungry so my friend offered me some quavers which I gladly accepted. Another 4 syns. Finished work, visited my Nan who had very kindly made an Iceland SW Chicken Tikka Masala and Veetee Rice, which was 0.5 syns. We're now on... 7 syns. I was still really hungry after this so I had some of the Popcorn Cereal from Asda and milk as my healthy extras! Total beast. I then went to visit my mum who gave me one of the new HiFi bars to try out, so another 3 syns there. So I ended the day on 10 syns. Could have been better, but could have been a lot worse.

Friday

Still in Bournemouth, but at my mum's who is also doing slimming world! She wakes up and makes us the best brunch ever, but no speed. We had bacon, poached eggs, sauteed new potatoes and beans. Was very yum! We were going to go to the zoo for the day but the weather was crazy horrible, so we went food shopping instead haha. Not quite the same, but was fun none the less. We'd had brunch fairly late, so I didn't need any lunch for the rest of the day. Oh, and I had a 1.5 syn mini toblerone which was amazing. I had two hifi bars on the drive back to mine, and then made a very tasty spaghetti and courgetti bolognese for dinner topped with 30g of grated cheddar! I'm sure I used some syns up on something but I can't remember what? Maybe I did, maybe I didn't. I know I went to bed thinking 'Yay, I've actually done it for three weeks', so it must have been within my syn limit lol.

Saturday

FIRST MILESTONE ACHIEVED! I know it's a bit lame but this is now officially the longest I've stuck to a diet since I gave up smoking! So I was super happy. I also weighed in and had lost 2.5lbs, which I was very, VERY happy with. So I'm now 13st 3.5lbs. Only 4lbs 'til I'm back in the 12's. :cool: I was also excited about my weigh day treat night. And up until now I hadn't really done anything that naughty for my treat nights. Last week I did the curry fest, the week before I just went out for lunch with my friend, so this time I was having a bunch of friends over for an epic feast, and I was reeeally looking forward to it. I had two hifi bars for breakfast, Batchelor's pasta for lunch, so kind of SW friendly until the evening. In the evening, I cooked:

Pulled pork
Southern fried chicken
Chilli beef nachos
Double baked sweet potatoes topped with cheese and bacon (definitely going to be making these the SW friendly way at some point, they were amazing!)
Garlic flatbreads
Lots of guacamole, salsa, sour cream
A very small bowl of salad haha

Seriously, as cheat meals go it was one of the best I could have had. As it was all sharing food, I didn't eat *as* much as I could have, but I still ate enough to be in a major food coma this morning and well and truly back on plan.

Today

So we're all back up to date! :) First milestone crossed off, here's to the next three weeks! Today I'm planning have a very minimal and clean food day after last night's treat. Definitely a pyjama, toast and tea kind of day!

Today's food plan:

Toast topped with butter (2 syns + HEXb)
Multiple teas (HEXa)
Honey chicken with new potatoes, carrots and cabbage (3 syns for honey)
Muller light goodies (2.5 syns)

Total syns: 7.5

Hope you're all doing well and having a lovely weekend!

E x
You done so well even while away, well done, I'm away tomorrow and Tuesday at a major Railway conference with food that will blow your mind away, I'm just hoping there's some low Syn stuff for me there ( never usually bothered to look) else I'll be in trouble Tuesday evening at weigh in (as long as I get back in time).. Have a great week xx

Thanks Scooter. :) I'm sure you'll make really good choices at the conference! You've lost so much already, even if you have a maintain this week you'll still be doing great. x

Today's food plan:

Toast, egg and butter (2 syns + HEXb)
Batchelor's pasta and sauce, tuna and mushrooms (HEXa)
Sainbury's just cook duck legs in hoisin sauce, rice, cabbage and leeks (6 syns)

Total syns: 8

I'm hoping the duck legs will be worth the 6 syns, thought it might be good to try something a little bit different this week.

E x

Verdict on the duck: It was nice! Very, very sweet. Probably not worth 6 syns tbh, although it was nice just putting it in the oven and not worrying about sauces or anything. Probably won't be buying again.

----------

Okay, this is a bit... well, not great news I guess but not bad news either! It's not really anything haha. It's just I've decided to switch over to calorie counting for the next 3 weeks, or until I get to my 6 week goal. :oops:

Honestly, I really do love Slimming World. I think it's an amazing diet plan that definitely works with long term results. I just think for me right now this is my best option. I was starting to get a bit tired of cooking and washing up all the time, and really struggling with lunches and speed foods etc. Every diet plan has pros and cons and I'm not expecting CC to be much easier, I just think a change will keep me interested in what I'm eating and doing, and still focused on the overall long term goal.

I'm still aiming to lose 1lb a week, and anything more than that is a bonus. I'm also majorly star weeking right now (ick) which may have something to do with it, but I'm still confident in what I'm doing and incorporating SW food into my routine. I'm going to re-evaluate at the when I hit my 6 week goal. Whatever I choose to do I want to do it in a minimum of 3 week periods.

Anywho! If it's okay with you guys I'm going to keep a rough track of my food in here as before, and I'll state syn values for food I know is low syn/SW friendly. :)

Today's food plan:

Egg on wholemeal toast with a tsp butter - 181 cals
Baked cheese & onion crisps - 103 cals
Sainsbury's My Goodness Korean BBQ Pulled Pork - 330 cals
Flatbread style pizza topped with tomato, mozzarella, spinach and chorizo, a tsp of reduced fat sour cream dip and side salad - 447 cals
Belvita cocoa biscuits x 2 - 115 cals
100mls milk (used in tea throughout day) - 50 calories

Total calories: 1226

In other news, I decided to cancel our open evening this week at the baby making clinic. I'm so focused on my diet and health right now, and I'd really like to get to a point where I'm confident in my size and health before I go. If it means waiting a bit longer for a baby then I'm okay with that.

Hope you're all doing well!

E x

Thanks Hannah, appreciate it! :)

Still feeling SUPER focused. My pizza last night was amazing, the smaller flat breads from Sainsburys are 98 cals, so roughly 5 syns, and make the best pizza base. Liam couldn't even tell it wasn't normal pizza dough. Definitely going to become a regular I think. Here's a quick pic

I'm still trying to keep one third of my meals either vegetables or salad, I think it's just good and healthy at this stage. Today's food so far has been:

Two belvita cocoa breakfast biscuits (120 cals)
Waitrose chicken shami kebabs, crisps and apple and grapes (288 cals)
Cheese and onion walkers (103 cals)

Total so far: 503

I'm going to the MiL's for dinner tonight, and I have no idea what she's making but it'll probably be relatively healthy! I've got roughly 700 cals left so I feel okay about it, and tbh if I go over by a hundred or so it's not going to do too much damage.

Also, we've decided to have our "Valentine's day" on Saturday, as it's weigh day and I can have a treat in the evening! We're probably going to order some thai food, and I've ordered some melt in the middle chocolate puddings and ice cream in the food shop. Not even going to count the calories haha, but will be good all day until then. It's weird, whenever I used to have a treat I used to literally try and fit as much bad food as I could into one evening. I'm kind of over that now, and one meal and dessert is enough. I think I'm starting to develop a much healthier attitude towards food in general, both healthy and as a treat. Good times!

Hope all is good with you!

E x

Attachments

• IMG_20160210_183707 (1).jpg
    IMG_20160210_183707 (1).jpg
    919.2 KB · Views: 30
The daft thing is, I make lovely low syn flatbreads but it has never once occurred to me to use them as a pizza base! I normally put in cardamom and garlic and use them as naan bread. I shall have a go at using them as pizza bases at some point. I'm hoping to go out for Chinese on Saturday so that's my cheat day but I'm REALLY looking forward to it. Saying that we haven't booked yet and I forgot it was valentines day so we'll have to see if the restaurant is full...

I'm doing calorie counting myself and I definitely find it easier - I have put my own rules etc onto it (as I try to stay low carb too) but it's nice to be able to just have something and fit it into your plan without having to worry about the syns. Syns are kind of a way of calorie counting themselves, I suppose! Good luck with it, your flatbread pizzas look gorgeous!

The daft thing is, I make lovely low syn flatbreads but it has never once occurred to me to use them as a pizza base! I normally put in cardamom and garlic and use them as naan bread. I shall have a go at using them as pizza bases at some point. I'm hoping to go out for Chinese on Saturday so that's my cheat day but I'm REALLY looking forward to it. Saying that we haven't booked yet and I forgot it was valentines day so we'll have to see if the restaurant is full...

I'd definitely recommend it! I suppose if you're making them yourself you could get really creative with them, maybe garlic and basil would be good for pizza. Literally getting hungry just thinking about it haha. Hopefully you'll manage to get somewhere booked for Saturday, we're being lazy and just ordering in! Really looking forward to it though! Asian food is the best!

I'm doing calorie counting myself and I definitely find it easier - I have put my own rules etc onto it (as I try to stay low carb too) but it's nice to be able to just have something and fit it into your plan without having to worry about the syns. Syns are kind of a way of calorie counting themselves, I suppose! Good luck with it, your flatbread pizzas look gorgeous!

Thanks, if you're a fan of pizza I'd definitely recommend them! I have found it quite easy this week, and being able to have whatever I want (within reason!) and work it into my calories has been good for keeping me on track. :)

Today's foodage:

Egg on toast with tsp of butter (181 cals)
Bagel thin with pulled pork, cheese and salad, and packet of quavers (427 cals)
Garlic mushroom chicken with risotto (420 cals)
Strawberries, light cream and choc shot (80 cals)
Breakfast biscuit (56 cals)

Total cals: 1154

Yesterday was also pretty good diet wise. I'd saved 750 calories or so for dinner at my MiL's, and luckily the food was very healthy and calorie friendly! Tiny bit nervous about weigh in tomorrow but hopefully I'll have lost at least 1lb this week. I've really tried to up my game and get some exercise in the mix too, so fingers crossed it pays off!

E x

Back