Emily's Weightloss Journey - 2011 will be my year!

emily87

Onwards and downwards!
Hi folks! Its 2011 and I'm back on the wagon again. And this WILL be the last time, I am determined to reach my target weight this year.

After a fab Xmas and new year, I have gained a few more pounds than I would have liked, but that is in the past and from now on the only way the scales are going to be going is down!

I went along to my class tonight and rejoined. So new book and card and everything. It feels really good to have a clean slate for 2011, and I really want to do it properly this time.

Start weight is 12st 11.5lbs. And my target weight is 10st (but I will see how I feel when I get there). So nearly 3 stone to lose, eek! No sort term goals for me at the moment, I just want to reach target at some point this year.

Going to do mostly red days this time I think, EE didn't work as well for me I found. And step up the exercise. Going to try and get my gold body magic :D

Hope I can keep this motivation going. No, I WILL keep this motivation going!! :D

Hello there!! Nice to have a new start for the new year!!

Hope the Red will work better for you and you'll lose more!! I've been thinking about switching to Red too but I'm just too lazy to weigh out the carbs... may try that if I don't see much result!

Hi Emily, same goal as me, I started at 12.8. Got down to 12.1 so far! I would like to be below 10- we can do it!
Best wishes
Woodland girl :)

Hi Emily, good luck for 2011! With how motivated you sound I don't think you need any luck!! :D Hope Red plan gives you the losses you want x

Thank you Woodland girl and Cornish! Your losses so far are fab, all the best with your weight loss journeys too :D

The return of the weekly diary, woohoo. Heres to a 100% first week! :D

Superfree
Free on all plans (on EE day)
Free on Original
Free on Green
Healthy Extras
Syns

6th -> 12th January
Start weight = 12st 11.5lbs

Thursday - Red day
Breakfast - 42g Allbran (HeB) with milk (HeA) and 1/2 a grapefruit.
Lunch - 3x Chicken selects (12.5 syns), salad with tuna (lettuce, cucumber, carrot)
Dinner - Salmon with green beans, cauliflower and carrots, 1tbsp l. salad cream (2 syns)
Snacks - 2x Alpen light bars (HeB)
Drinks - 3 x tea, 4 x water
Exercise - None
Total syns = 14.5/105

Phew, just managed to sneak inside the limit with my syns today. The McDonalds for lunch was my Dads fault, but quite proud that I managed to restrain myself from my usual large meal with apple pie and all sorts. Just had the chicken selects and then made myself a salad. Day one 100%, tick. Woohoo, it hasnt been too bad apart from a lingering headache for most of the day.

Friday - Green day
Breakfast - 42g Allbran (HeB) with milk (HeA) and strawberries.
Lunch - Pasta salad (Pasta, cucumber, lettuce, sweetcorn, carrot) with light mayo (4 syns)
Dinner - Pasta with tuna (HeB) and sweetcorn
Snacks - 1 Alpen light bar (3 syns)
Drinks - 3 x tea, 4 x water

Exercise - None
Total syns = 21.5/105

Saturday
Breakfast - 42g Allbran (HeB) with milk (HeA) and strawberries. 1/2 grapefruit.
Lunch - 2 slices ham, 2 poached eggs, some chicken.
Dinner -
Snacks - Activia yogurt
Drinks - 2 x tea, 2 x water
Exercise -
Total syns = /105

Sunday
Breakfast -
Lunch -
Dinner -
Snacks -
Drinks -
Exercise -
Total syns = /105

Monday
Breakfast -
Lunch -
Dinner -
Snacks -
Drinks -
Exercise -
Total syns =/105

Tuesday
Breakfast -
Lunch -
Dinner -
Snacks -
Drinks -
Exercise -
Total syns = /105

Wednesday
Breakfast -
Lunch -
Dinner -
Snacks -
Drinks -
Exercise -
Total syns = /105

Total syns for the week =

Weight in result =

Last edited:
Hi Emily, nice to see you back again. I have also decided to try red and green days to see if it makes a difference.
hope you have a good week. X

ps. With EE were you making sure that you had 1/3 of each meal Super Free foods and all snacks (besides syns) were only Super Free? I think I kinda missed that when it was being explained and haven't been doing EE properly until about 2 days ago. I await to see what results show on Monday at WI x

Good luck with the red and green days Jane. I think I find them easier to be honest, more Hex's and I quite like my meat. :D

CornishTT - I think I was doing EE properly, I had my 1/3 superfree every meal and only really snacked on fruit inbetween meals. I think I just get on better with red days as I love my meat/fish and my body doesn't always agree with carbs so I tend to steer clear of them anyway. I might still have the occasional EE day (ended up having one today in fact!), but I think my losses were better when I did mainly red before.

I struggled a bit today, and was feeling really lazy with making things to eat. So decided on a green day, just stuck some pasta on. I feel a bit bad for not having eaten more fruit/veg, but we have pretty much no food in the house as I havent been able to do a food shop. Going to go tomorrow though and stock up on free food.

I just feel like I've been really bad today eating so much pasta, I know its free food but I feel like I will probably gain because of it, or wont lose that much this week. On the plus size my hubby was pushing and pushing for us to get Chinese takeaway tonight, but I managed to resist. I cant afford to buckle on day 2!!

pasta is less synful than chinese takeaway!! well done!

if you feel abit lazy some times, why dont you cook more when you do cook, put the remainder in the fridge and stick them in the microwave when you're feeling lazy? that's as convenient as takeaways! (except you do have to cook them in the first place! :p)

Thanks guys. Yea, thats a really good idea Dream, think I might start doing that. Maybe have a cook fest at the weekend then put stuff in the fridge and freezer. :) Off to do the food shop later on, think it could be quite expensive with all the fruit and veg I'm going to buy!

Thank you dancingqueen, best of luck to you as well! I would love to do as well as you did in your first week, you had a fab loss! Keep up the good work and we will be at 10 stone in no time :D

Well, following a highly motivated start to 2011 and my new SW journey, I have well and truly failed and have fallen off the wagon is spectacular style over the weekend. I don't know why I do this to myself I really don't. And I'm really really annoyed at myself for not even being able to make it 1 week 100%. I thought this was going to be it, I was just going to get on with it and watch the weight drop.

I just feel like I'm drowning a bit at the moment, and I've got so so much on my mind and stuff that I'm worrying about. I am a real comfort eater so that doesn't help one bit. We have no money (infact, less than no money), the car has just decided to stop working, work is a nightmare, the house is a complete mess, I'm supposed to be studying but just cant seem to find the time and I'm trying to lose weight. I just want something to start going right, and I would love to be able to take control of my weightloss and forget about everything else.

Sorry for the ramble, I'm just so frustrated at myself. I would love to get a personal trainer and join a gym so that I am forced to do the exercise but I could never afford it, my willpower and motivation just seems to be rubbish. I am totally dreading weigh in on Weds, how embarrassing, first week back on plan and I will have a gain :cry:

Hey Hun, big hugs! Don't be too hard on yourself, just take things one day at a time! You don't need money to lose weight, you don't need a personal trainer, all you need is motivation and will power! Draw a line to the past and start again this minute. You can do this!!!

Thanks hun. I just want to curl up in a ball and forget about everything right now. When I came into work all my colleague asked was how was my weekend, and I burst into tears! Feel like a right wally.

Food shopping is so expensive these days though, and its really hard because hubby is so fussy with what he eats. The food shopping at the weekend came to £120, for just one week!!!!!! And pretty much all we bought was fruit and veg and some meat! Cant afford that every week. :( Oh well.

I am back on plan today though, had my normal breakfast and lunch and planning to have roast chicken for dinner. Got yogurts and fruit to munch on if I'm hungry when I get home from work.

So sorry you are going through a rough time Emily. I know how you feel but perhaps your weight is the only thing that you can control right now. Draw a line under the last few days because you can still make a difference. You can do it Emily! We are all here for you. Big hug flying your way. X

Thank you Jane :) Maybe you are right, it is the only thing I can control right now, so I'm going to try my best. :)

I've been on plan for the last two days which I am pleased with, still not done any exercise though. Dreading weigh in tonight, but whatever will be will be. Feeling extremely bloated and it is *week which doesn't help, so not expecting much. To be honest, I really wouldn't be suprised if I get a gain. Oh well...

I really want to try and have a good 2nd week this week. Really try and be 100% if possible, we shall see....

Back