emma-louise's food diary... about time too!

Sarah another great loss! Well done on your new target I'll bet you reach that finishing line a lot quicker than you imagine.

Will keep fingers crossed for you on the job search, what happened about your car?

I have been so busy at work, I have been too busy/exhausted to turn PC on have found that my motivation has dipped and I am so tempted to eat naughty things...

My fish week just crashed and burned! Had a tuna pasta salad for lunch and it made me feel sick so I honestly felt like I couldn't take any more fish.

So we went for a carvery tonight instead. Yum yum meat I missed you!! :D

thats how i was feeling at lunch time... if i dont see another tin of tuna for the rest of my life it wont be long enough! hope you enjoyed your carvery xx

Hee hee, I don't think I could face it either, especially not twice a day every day! I'm sure 3-4 times a week will help ;)

i think it is helping, 3lbs loss is quite a big one for me so fingers crossed it works this week too! :) xx

I have been so busy at work, I have been too busy/exhausted to turn PC on have found that my motivation has dipped and I am so tempted to eat naughty things...

STEP AWAY FROM THE NAUGHTY THINGS!! :p just think all the busyness and how exhausted you feel means you must have been doing plenty of body magic ;) xx

thursday 22nd july - green day :)

brekkie: fruit and fibre and milk, 1 apple

lunch: tuna (HexB) and egg salad, strawberry muller

dinner: mushroom risotto (10 syns)

snack: milk choc fibre plus (6.5 syns)

total syns - 16.5

im going to have fajitas for tea, because quite simply...

I NEED MEAT!! :eek:

its only been two days since i had some chicken but omg im going crazy here! i had smoked salmon and seafood sticks for lunch and i think its pushed me over the edge..:cry:

Hi Emma-Louise - I made melissa87's pesto pasta can't remember official name "pasta stroppyfellow" (thats's what my 10 year has renamed it) bloody gorgeous! Even my 10 month old ate it! Definitely a keeper that recipe - did you try it yet with green pesto - I'm the only person who eats green pesto here.

How do you make your risotto? It's something I am desperate to cook (got the rice) but just don't know how to cook it

Last edited:
hiya lovely :) pasta stroppyfellow! i know exactly which one you mean ;) not tried it with green yet as we've only got red pesto in at the minute and its not something i fancy too often but will deffo give it a go seeing as it comes with such a good recommendation :)

ok risotto, fry off some garlic and onion in butter (can do it in frylight but ive never tried as ma and pa are funny about these things :eek:) then add your rice and stir it about in the butter for a bit, 5 mins ish until the rice becomes kind of translucent, then i add in a splash of white wine and stir it til the rice sucks it all up (very technical ;)) then i start adding the stock ladle by ladle, i just use bog standard veggie oxo cube and its always been fine, 500g of rice and about 2.5pints of stock seems to work well and serves 4 generously, i then add in my mushrooms or whatever you want to flavour it and stir for about 5mins then grate a bit of parmesan and stir that through. my mum sometimes puts a bit of single cream through hers at the end to make it really creamy but not sure this is SW friendly... :rolleyes:

i love risotto as its so yummy and filling, will deffo be making it a lot when i am back to uni! :) hope that made sense, if it doesnt just ask :) xx

friday 23rd july - red day :p

brekkie: weetabix (A & B), 1 syn for sugar

snacks: 1 apple, 1 kellogs fibre plus (B)

lunch: smoked salmon and seafood sticks, melon and grapes

dinner: fajitas (18 syns - but worth it!!)

total syns - 19

this takes me to 106 for the week, 1 over :eek: oopsy! hoping that all the fish consumed will help me out at weigh in on tuesday!

spent nearly all day today at my stepdads work, theyre moving premises and there were about 250 files full of paperwork from 1992-2000 - my job was to empty the contents of the files into sacks to go to the shredding company, may sound easy but was bloody hard work!! heavy and dusty and covered in papercuts :( but at least i am getting paid for it i suppose...

job interview tomorrow - dont know what to wear! paniccccc!! its not til 2pm so might have a cheeky chance to nip into town to purchase something early on, none of my clothes fit me any more!! :eek: xx

Loads of luck! Do you have an asda or tesco? I got a couple of nice suits from there a while back for about £10 each. Let us know how you get on x

Loads of luck! Do you have an asda or tesco? I got a couple of nice suits from there a while back for about £10 each. Let us know how you get on x

thank you! i feel a bit silly in suit jackets :eek: i dont know why but ive never been able to wear one, im going to go with black trousers, a colourful summery blouse and a smart cardigan! im really nervous its been ages since i had a proper interview :eek: xx

Aww..dont' worry I'm sure you'll be great! That sounds really nice too. I know what you mean about suit jackets, but I got into the habit of wearing them over jeans on a night out, lol. Prob not great but comfy :) x

well.... i got the job!! :D the interview went really well, she was really impressed by my GCSE/A level grades and i think thats probably what swung it rather than anything i said lol it might not be the most glamorous job in the world but at least itll put some pennies into my bank account!! :D xx

saturday 24th july - extra easy

brekkie: beans on toast (HexB)

lunch: smoked mackerel salad (4 syns)

dinner: beef in red wine sauce from the slow cooker (8 syns) roasted veg (2 syns) and cabbage

total syns - 14

Wow congratulations on getting the job!! You must be so pleased.

Is this a summer job while you're home from uni?x

yeah just to get some pennies before i go back :) i have a temporary job lined up in sheffield when i go back but its only for a month so ill have to sort something else out when i get back! xx

Good idea. I worked my bum off in a local pub whenever I was home from uni although I only really went home in hols in first year, stayed up there after that as I met my now hubby. I had a great pub job while I was in uni too... and luckily for me they decided to close for refurb and pay us half wages while shut just in time for my dissertation!! I was planning on taking a month off anyway so brill!!

Back