emma-louise's food diary... about time too!

monday 19th july - extra easy

brekkie: 1 slice of burnt wholemeal toast :( with a tiny smidgen of lemon curd on it 4 syns

lunch: tuna pasta salad, 3 syns for light mayo and my HEA of cheese

dinner: chicken wrapped in lean ham with pasta in a tomato sauce and veggies - 2 syns for wine in sauce

snacks: 2 alpen light bars HEB, 2 galaxy counters 4 syns

total syns - 13 syns

well today started off horrifically!! brekkie was a nightmare, plan was fried egg on toast but i burnt my egg onto the pan (dont ask how i have no idea!?! :confused:) so that went straight in the bin! ended up sneaking a couple of galaxy counters out of the open bag (thanks mum!) in the fridge to make myself feel better :eek: what an idiot.... i felt even worse! then i decided to have my HEA on my lunch which was also stupid, didnt taste nice and meant i couldnt have the same as everyone else at tea time cos i didnt have enough syns left to have more cheese :mad: dunno what is wrong with me today! *rant rant rant* :cry:

in other less ranty news, i have reassessed my target weight! when i first joined SW my target was just to lose some weight, i didnt have an ideal number in my head and i honestly didnt believe i would even get this far! :eek: but now ive seen that i can actually do it, ive changed my target from 12st 8 to 11st :) and i really, truly, madly, deeply believe i am going to get there!! :D xx

Ah sorry to hear about your bad day yesterday - it's horrible when the day starts off like that!
Well done for changing your target weight. Is it specifically a weight you want to get to or a clothes size?
I've kinda guessed my target weight - I've got no idea really as when I was slimmer I never weighed myself!! My target is just to get to a size 12... but it's interesting to see what other people aim for

i think i always get crabby the day before weigh day cos im so impatient!! :rolleyes:

well, before i joined Minimins when i was doing SW absolutely by myself at home i hadn't really thought about what my target weight would be, all i wanted to do was just lose some weight and maybe get down to a size 16 (from an 18/20) i didnt really believe i would actually stick with the plan....:eek: so when i joined Minis and it asked me for a target weight i just picked a nice round number in lbs that i thought would be kind of acheivable (180lbs) when i started getting more serious about the plan and seeing my first few weeks losses, it made me realise that maybe 12st 8/180lbs was actually very do-able and i knew i would probably want to take it further than that and reach about 11st which would make me just within the right BMI category and the same weight as one of my friends who i think is just the right size/shape. that said, i will see how i feel when i get to 12st 8, and then when i get to 11st. i like seeing the numbers go down, but im not a slave to them if you know what i mean. there are a few people on here who i think are very slim, but still insist on losing x amount of lbs because that's what their target says.

ive never been slim :( the first time i bought adult clothes when i was about 11 i had to buy a size 12 skirt :eek: so i really have no idea how im going to look when i reach that size again!! its exciting stuff! :D i think you have the right idea with size 12, thats my ideal size i think! im a strong believer that men like curves!! just in the right places lol :rolleyes: xx

Amazing - Well Done!!

See - you'll be down to a size 12 in no time!! xx

Another great loss!! Well done Emma-Louise!
I too have never been slim, but I have been less rotund than I am now ;)
I've set my target as just within the healthy BMI range too as this seems a logical step to better health. Once I get there ( whenever that may be, but definitely WHEN not IF !) I will think more about clothes size / what I look like and decide whether or not to reset my target.

You are doing soooo well with your losses so I'm sure you'll be at target in no time!! :)

I love hearing what everyone's goals are.
With me I always keep going back to my memories of when I was 18 - my high school graduation and my first year of uni when I met my now hubby. I was a 12-14 then and really happy with the way I looked (although no idea how heavy I was), so really that image is what I'm looking for, and I've still got some of my old clothes from then so would love to fit into them again... But again I'm not a slave to the scales, but I would absolutely love to wear a bikini on hols in May so my timer has started ticking...

You've done amazingly well Emma-Louise - you have amazing will power x

Well done that's brilliant Emma-Louise!
I'm the same it sounds like - setting my target just inside the BMI and just waiting to see what it'll be like. When I get 2 1/2 pounds more off, I'll be the lightest I've been since I was about 12 years old, and I have no idea what the future holds past that (eek) x

tuesday 20th july - extra easy

brekkie: weetabix with strawberries, 1 tsp of sugar (1 syn)

lunch: smoked mackerel (3 syns) brocolli and pasta in tomatoey sauce (2 syns) and 2 clementines

dinner: baked cod loin with tiny bit of pesto (2 syns) on it, with new potatoes, brocolli and corn on the cob, 1 tsp of light mayo (2 syns)

snack: 1 alpen light (3.5 syns)

total syns - 13.5

wednesday 21 july - green day

brekkie: weetabix and milk (HexA & HexB) 1 tsp sugar (1 syn)

lunch: low fat supernoodles

dinner: chicken (HexB) in breadcrumb coating (9 syns) with jacket potato, salad and two onion rings (4 syns)

total syns - 14

so i went out round the town today job hunting and i have come away with an interview on saturday :) and a few more possibilities doing office work as well so very pleased about that! after i came home i planned my route on walkjogrun and i walked about 3 miles in total! :D i also went into some clothes shops on the way and tried on a few different size 16 skirts, tops and dresses and most of them fit!! good day :D:D xx

Last edited:
Congrats on the job hunting... and fitting into the size 16's - you must have been so pleased!

just had a tuna salad for lunch......... if i eat any more fish i think i might turn into one!! :) dont know if i could manage doing a whole week of fish :rolleyes: xx

My fish week just crashed and burned! Had a tuna pasta salad for lunch and it made me feel sick so I honestly felt like I couldn't take any more fish.

So we went for a carvery tonight instead. Yum yum meat I missed you!! :D

I know I just couldn't cope any more I was craving MEAT MEAT MEAT!!

Back