emma-louise's food diary... about time too!

thanks Claire :D when i weighed in this morning (officially) i showed a STS which i am very happy with considering my naughty weekend!! its been my first week without a loss so i feel a bit strange not having to update my info/sig/challenges but on the positive side at least it wasnt a gain :) xx

Glad to hear you had such a lovely weekend, and all those meals out!! Well done for staying so restrained.
A well deserved STS xx

Well done on the STS!!
it might even pay off that you had a few days off, to get another brilliant 'first' week as though you were just starting SW??!

Well done on passing your first year at uni too - that's what the first year is all about, having fun and just scraping 40 in your modules ;). I did French and Politics as my degree and know that lots of the politics modules sound interesting but turn out to be veeeery booooring - you'll know which lecturers to avoid now anyway!! :) :)

thank you everyone :D xxx

I thought all seafood was free?

ahhh smoked mackerel for some strange reason (?) is synned, not sure exactly how much but i had a fair sized bit and im am assuming from that that smoked trout would be synned too - but not 100% just want to be safe!! plus i had some crab and prawn "salad" which has mayo in it and stuff so just trying to be careful really! but yes, most seafood is free, and superspeed :D xx

tuesday 13th july - extra easy :)

brekkie: marmite on toast (HexB) 2 syns for low fat spread

lunch: tomatoey tuna pasta

dinner: minty lamb with tons of veggies (6 syns for gravy)

snack: kelloggs fibre plus bar (6 syns)

total syns - 14 (plus i missed my HexA :()

serious lack of superfree today!! was more than ok with my dinner but i really should have tried to get more in with my brekkie and lunch! xx

wednesday 14th july - green day :D

brekkie: weetabix and milk (HexA & HexB) 2 tsp of sugar (2 syns)

lunch: homemade leek and potato soup - yumm!! with a wholemeal roll (6 syns)

dinner: veggie chilli and rice (HexB for small amount of xl mince)

total syns - 8

wooopeeee felt a lot better today but need to get back on track with my exercise!! stepdad has booked the next few days off from work to watch the Open (golf geek alert!) so telly will be occupied so at least i wont be able to sit on my bum all day! ;) xx

Attachments

• IMG00092-20100714-1317.jpg
    IMG00092-20100714-1317.jpg
    313.6 KB · Views: 22
I love potato and leek soup - its the first thing I cook when my slow cooker comes out lol! Might make some this weekend. Glad you are feeling better, my husband loves Golf so I sympathise with your tv being out of action, lots of love, donna x

its soooo yummy! ive never thought about doing it in the slow cooker thats genius! i only half blitz it so its still a bit lumpy :eek: i went downstairs to get brekkie at 9ish and i was bored of the golf after 10 mins! its been on ALL day, and ive had really bad period pain so ive just been laid on the sofa with a hot water bottle listening to it :rolleyes: cant wait for it to be over!

did you have a go at making the chicken cake? how was it? :) xx

I went to shops to get leeks tonight as I've been thinking about leek and potato soup all day and then I see you've made it.....can't wait to try it this weekend :D

yayy! its my all time favourite soup and soooo easy to make - enjoy it!! :D have you ever made the 12 speed soup? im considering it but i dont think i like half the ingredients so it could be a bit hit and miss lol so just wondered if you'd tried it? xx

thursday 15th july - extra easy

brekkie: marmite on wholemeal toast (HexB) plus 2 syns for low fat spread

lunch: veggie chilli and cous cous (2 syns)

dinner: king prawn and courgette pasta :D i made it myself this time so was a bit more careful about the oil and the cream, still going to allow 8 syns though just to be safe :)

snacks: whole grapefruit with 2 tsps of sugar (2 syns) and i pinched a bit of brie and a bit of stilton when my ma and pa were having cheese and biscuits, im hoping this can count as some kind of a contribution towards a HexA ;)

total syns - 14

i know i said yesterday i would do loads of exercise but ive had horrific period pains all day :( couldnt be a*sed to do anything all day so ive just slobbed around on the sofa with my hot water bottle watching the dreaded golf (urghh!) anyway, going to see how i feel tomorrow! also need to find out if theres an LA fitness gym anywhere near me as there's an online voucher for a free 3/5 (?) day membership pass!! wish me luck i really hope there is one within a reasonable distance!!

exercise
50 squats
75 crunches
75 leg thingies ;)

friday 16th july - extra easy!

brekkie: weetabix and strawberries, 1 tsp of sugar = 1 syn

lunch: tuna mayo salad and chips, tbsp of light mayo = 2 syns

dinner: lasagne my stepdad made = 12 syns, bless him, he is trying :rolleyes: used xl mince, but also used a jar of dolmio bol sauce, a jar of white sauce, chorizo and red wine :( it was yummy though!! and melon for dessert

total syns - 15

saturday 17th july - extra easy

brekkie: weetabix and strawberries, 1 tsp sugar = 1 syn

lunch: left over lasagne (1/2 a portion) 6 syns

dinner: homemade nandos :) roast chicken, spicy rice and SW wedges = 3 syns, no superfree :(

snacks: alpen light bar 3 syns

total syns - 13

sunday 18th july - red day :)

brekkie: weetabix and milk, strawberries, 1 tsp sugar (1 syn)

lunch: went to a works do, i was told it was going to be a bbq but turned out being a hog roast?! random! anyway, i had some pork and some salad (no dressing and no breadbun!) and a small (tiny!) glass of rose and lemonade, counting the whole lot at about 8 syns

dinner: chicken korma and salad (6 syns for korma sauce)

total syns - 15

i was bored of the golf after 10 mins! its been on ALL day, and ive had really bad period pain

did you have a go at making the chicken cake? how was it? :) xx

I lasted 10 seconds with the golf, SNAP! with period pain - I have the implant in my arm and 99% of women don't have periods why do I have to be the 1% that do!!! lol!

Made the chicken cake it was lovely but a bit dry next time I am going to make a gravy and serve with cauliflower cheese, but highly recommend!

aww thanks donna! im glad the chicken cake was nice im thinking of trying it but im not sure the rest of the family would eat 1/2 syn sausages... :rolleyes: might try it with a layer of homemade stuffing through the middle instead? good luck for WI this week xx

Funny enough the WW sausages tastes a bit like stuffing, as I was eating I was thinking omg an aunt bessies (or 10) stuffing balls would be lovely squished up in this! I don't think family would notice we are all sausage sandwich lovers - and even my 10 year old wolfed the chicken cake down - what about if you halved recipe and had it for tea and lunch?

i might have to try the WW ones then, i usually get sainsburys and i know its cos theyve got less fat in them but they always seem really dry and dont taste of much :( i think ive decided im gonna do homemade stuffing and put that in and see how it goes down with the family, i cant really justify using all that chicken just for me - pennies don't allow unfortunately!! :rolleyes: xx

Back