Emma's Diary

ah I remember those days, we often puréed our food for the kids, so they ate pretty much the same as us a lot of the time.

morning em how you today?
how many carbs to have on owl?

morning :)
how many carbs on OWL? I feel like I should stay on induction though but if I can still lose weight...

You are supposed to add in 5 extra carbs per day weekly Vicky, I did it monthly until I was on about 45 carbs a day (i found it hard to have that many) until I stopped losing, then reduced it by 5 carbs a day until I was ready to go into maint.

so i could just add more veg then really?
how much is a slice of toast?

There is an Atkins Food Pyramid, you will find it on the official site and in the Atkins books, that shows the order in which to add back foods. You start at the bottom and work your way up gradually but in OWL you can have berries and a wider variety of vegetables and even nuts and grains when you get to the right 'rung'. Different foods affect people in different ways so it is a very individual process.

And it's a bit scary too! Pre-maintenance is even scarier. But Atkins was not designed for very extended Induction, although many choose it. Dr Atkins himself said, if you are doing Induction indefinitely you are NOT doing Atkins, as the purpose is to reintroduce carbs until you have found the level at which you still lose weight and then add more or less to allow you to maintain - for life.

This is the theory and it works very well for most. It is up to all the Atkins followers to find what works for THEM. And it's tough at times x

I think you really need to be within about a stone from target for OWL not that I am an expert in fact I feel like a beginner again this week. Have decided no more atkins bars, no more cheesecos have been slowly slipping back into eating it and i know it stalls me. Also off to check recipes and do a list for the next week of what i will eat. Also about to order l-carnitine and chromium. I will do this it will not beat. Thansk for all your support I woudl have given in long ago without it

xx

ah i will wait then. im ok with this food anyway :)
good for you x get some new ideas for food and it gives you motivation. :D xxx

I've upped my carbs to about 30-35g per day & am still losing, lovely to have berries & cream!!

OWL - Ongoing Weight Loss, Phase 2 - should be started, ideally, right after the two week Induction. OWL is what you follow to lose most of your weight. Phase 3, Pre-Maintenance, is for when you are close to goal. That's where I am now.

Good for you Emma! Get stuck right in, add a few new foods and subtract or cut back on others that you know might be a problem for you. You'll soon be losing again and feeling much more motivated!

Hey I started on the L-Carnitine today! I already take Q10 and a few other supplements as being vegetarian I might need them even more than others.

Last edited:
be prepared for the energy surge girly. Im off to research owl now x

Morning, what a difference a day makes. I feel fab! Had a great day ate totally different food tuna for lunch and buitter chicken for tea. Ate more greens than ever before and more carbs than usual, this morning I have lost 2lbs!!!!!!!! thats after nearly 3 or 4 weeks of not really loosing YIPEE. Hopefully by saturday will be doing even better

xx

well done Em, great stuff.

excellent Emma :) keep up the fab work hon x

Weigh in tomorrow am hoping for stay the same as put 2 on earlier in weeks after my wobble! Am eating so much better now. Had thai fushcakes for tea last night they were yummy. Then tuna and egg Patty (thanks Sona) with cabbageslaw for lunch today and feel so much more positive. Went you meeting last night about teh next show we are due to do. It's beauty and the beast and although I know I won't get I fully intend to be able to audition by getting another stone off (think that only gives me 5 weeks) but fingers crossed. Oh and L-carnitine arrived so will start that tomorrow

xx

Good luck on the weigh in Em.

STS so thats not bad as I actually lost 2lbs haha. This week is going to be better although weigh in is friday cos we are away in the caravan for the weekend and I can't wait

xx

Back