Emma's restarter diary!

Hi Emma

How has your first week been? When do u weigh in?

I have to do my weigh in shortly, but just got back from gym and had like 2 litres of water in last couple of hours.. and 3 litres throughout the day - so now I daren't get on the scales!!!

Kx

Goodbye!

Hi all,

I had a blip that turned into blips and now i find myself stupidly on day 1 again! :(

No excuses, all down to me, i hold my hands up to it!

Day 1 and im gonna have to go solo too! :(
My computer is totally broken!

Its being packed off in about an hour, to my friends son, who will hopefully bring it back to life, with out it costing too much!

So i hope this goodbye isnt for long, and i hope to be well and truly in ketosis with my manky tongue and on target to lose at least a stone by xmas! ;)

Hi all Im back!

Day 1 today, just erase that last post when i said it was day 1, - i obviously got mixed up, its today! :D

I have made myself a couple of promises today which id like to record on here- i'll have to do them then!

1 to ss all day
2 to drink x3l of water
3 to walk my dogs-no excuses
4 to use my brand new rebounder for at least 10mins
5 to top up on housework

i'd like to say thankyou to shimsham, lottie and FFF for continuing to support me even when i was away, it meant a lot to me and its helped me with my decision to stick with this!:D

Good Luck Emma sticking to your pledges... if u stick with it for 2 weeks it becomes second nature..hope it goes good! and the dogs enjoy their walkies!

Hello mate!!!

Welcome back hun!!!

Setting those targets should really help because you can tick them off as you've completed them. Plus now your PC is hopefully working again, you can keep logging on for inspiration. Have you seen that post about the girl who was on extreme makeover? If you haven't you might find do a key word search - someone has posted before and after photos and if you need any inspiration, she is it - she looks fantastic.

Also, feel free to email me if you are having a weak moment and need persuading out of it. I'm doing OK today - I've been sat in front of the PC job hunting and so I've got square eyes now, so I think I better get off it.

CD is a really hard diet at times (and easy at other times), but it does get the results - I'm fine until I hit an emotional hurdle and then I'm with you and seek comfort. I think what we are meant to do is to assess all of our food thoughts and urges thoughout the Cambridge diet and then try and make sense of them. I've come as far as I now recognise when I'm comfort eating (or the desire to comfort eat), but unless I am in a mega-motivated period, I often give in. I've even ate when I'm not hungry and still made the decision to 'be naughty'. HOWEVER, together we can beat this and we will! The real long-term success stories on this website show complete determination and perserverance - that can be us can't it? I guess it's finding our motivation and keep reminding ourselves why we are doing it. On my Paul McKenna DVD he says that you have to visualise yourself each morning as the slim person that you want to be and with this positive thinking, you can make it happen.

Anyway, I better get myself ready to go out, I could go on forever, especially as I haven't chatted diet with anyone so far today!!

So..... have a brilliant day one, if you feel tired later, maybe have an early night so that you keep yourself good and dream of weighing yourself in the morning and seeing a several pounds difference.

I've done them!

I cant believe it but ive done all of my promises,
well i havnt quite finished my water, but am well on track for that, not much left now!

Firstly ive not eaten! yahhhhhhhhhh!
I went to work until 12, then came on here for a bit!
Next i hoovered up and down, and mopped kitchen floor, did a load of washing!

Walked the doggies, yes they loved it punkass!
washing on airer, picked up dd from school, did 45 mins on rebounder and ex ball!

dd thought it was hilarious~note to self~ do this alone in future:D

eldest dd came home with the strop, took melissa to rainbows, started dinner, picked up from rainbows finished and dished up dinner! Washed up and had a bath!
phew, now catching up on here and then off to watch eastenders and have my mousse!

What a day!

Nice one Emma.... Whats a rebounder anyway? Should I have one.. hate to feel i'm missing out on something!!

I'm on my first AAM week from tomorrow... and bit scared really.. im kinda enjoying the not eating thing now.. hoping that one week of eating chicken and veg won't make me struggle to go back to not eating next week .. I'll be gutted if all i can think of is food again next week, since the last couple of weeks on SS have been so easy!

Hi Guys

A rebounder is one of those small trampolines, ive wanted one for ages but i used to live in a flat, so couldnt really jump around and you have to be about 15stone so i was too heavy for one too! :eek:

I treated myself to one and its great, you just jump around like a loon for a bit, it kills you, i put the music up loud and i used my hand weights!
Not impressed by how much wobbles about mind you! ;)

Anyway, your both doing great, well done, and Kirsten i cant believe youve found your last couple of weeks easy!? easy?

OMG how i would love to say that, maybe one day eh?
I do hope your AAM week goes well for you, you seem so determined it can only benefit you!

Sorry i have to post in little posts, as my stupid computer keeps saying i have no connection when i leave my replies!

Any way, day 2 for me, and ive had a busy day, i actually started my xmas shopping today. Quite late for me im usually a lot more organisized by now.

So ive had 2 packs so far and ive been rubbish with my water, only had about a litre and a half! :(

Im not going to try to drink it all now, ill be up all night, ill drink the other half so that will make 2 litres and i'll try to do better tomorrow!

I have to go now as i need to look online for my eldests xmas present, she wants an ipod shuffle and i realized today that there are none around here anywhere!
I always have something that i have trouble with, last year it was a pink ds!

oh well of i go!

I really have found the last two weeks easy... but all has gone to pot after my first AAM day!!!! All i can think of is food now... so disappointed! I know its all psychological..but i'd rather not go through it ... so I've decided to not to do the AAM week after today - i'm going to take my lighterlife book (from my first two weeks) and go to the doctors and get him to do the four week check up that I would have had if I had stayed with LL.. I'll tell my counsellor what i've done.. I can't do it... I had no desire for food until today... and now my stomach is rumbling and when I went round my mates and watched her and her four year old munching on biscuits it took all of my willpower to not have one... previously in last two weeks i hadn't given it a second thought when they were eating biscuits in front of me.

Just want to get back to not eating tomorrow!!!

Well done on day two Emma, i reckon u can get a litre in before bed.... go on... go on... go on...

Sorry to jump in on your conversation, but I'm exactly the same - AAM completely throws me. To be honest, when I've got to the 4 week stage (eventually after a million day ones), I crumble at AAM - and I'd love it if someone can explain how to get through it. This time, I think I'm just going to miss it out. In the old days it didn't exist anyway, so if it's sabotaging your excellent progress, maybe give it a miss? (Huge in take of breath from CDC's).

Well done Emma on getting through day 2! The water can be hard if you are busy can't it, but the results are worth it.

It's off to bed for me now, so goodnight to you both.

I've got a link to some great internet discount codes if you want it for Xmas shopping? The best one I found was Waitrose wines £13.95 off your order. They do a xmas gift set of either Champagne/Port/10yr Whiskey plus 2 bottles of wine in a nice gift set for £30, so it works out to £16.05 - for three bottles (one being posh). Last week it was free delivery as well, so I placed 6 orders (LOL!) - the only thing is you have to use a different email address for each order otherwise it can tell you've used the code before. But anyway, thats my Wedding party gifts sorted for January!!!

Hi Lottie

I am missing my AAM week now.. have done it today.. before I realised how much it was going to F*** with my head!!!! So have now frozen the chicken I bought and blanched and froze the veg too! I will probably start to reintroduce it as I get nearer my target weight.. but not right now, its too hard.

I'm liking the sound of these wine offers... even if only for xmas pressies for myself.. which i could drink when i hit target.. obviously maybe not all at once coz i think my tolerance for alcohol is gonna be severly reduced .... !!!!!

Hi Emma,

So good to see you back here!
Had a little chuckle to myself thinking of you 'jumping like a loon' on your rebounder!! Just picturing myself doing the same!! :D
Well done for days 1 & 2 and good luck for day 3 and beyond (as Buzz Lightyear would say!)

Jeanie x

I'm liking the sound of these wine offers... even if only for xmas pressies for myself.. which i could drink when i hit target.. obviously maybe not all at once coz i think my tolerance for alcohol is gonna be severly reduced .... !!!!!

LOL! I'm sure you wouldn't spoil your excellent progress :)

The link is: -

Waitrose Wine Direct Home Page

The code that you need to quote is WFISAVING

I only used it on the Xmas gifts as that gave the greatest saving. Mail me if you want some more links (anyone who's interested), I've got two websites with loads of different offer codes etc that I can send to you. I bought the links for 99p off ebay, so I think it's my right to share the knowledge around!!

Anyway... apologies Emma for going off topic on your diary - if I hear of a bargain, I just cant help myself spreading it around!!

Thanks Lottie... gonna get the case of Dry whites - £39 with the discount - nice one!!!! :) Oooh 12 bottles of wine for when my diet ends!

Sorry Emma for hijacking ur thread!!

Hi guys! :D

You go ahead you couple of winos! :D
I dont actually drink wine, im a baileys and spirits girl when i get the urge, which is only on very rare days out ~bit boring really. thanks anyway lottie!

Well im actually on day 4 now, bit pat on the back for myself!
Did badly on the water front yesterday too so my aim is for 3 litres today!
More jumping like a loon required today as well, coz im very excited about my weight today! Its a bit confusing coz of my millions of restarts but basically when i started this thread i weighed 15st 10 on my scales, and now im 15st 2 :D im just so excited that i will soon see 14 something its unbelievable!

Sorry still doing short posts as comp still playing up! :(

Anyway yes, only 3lbs to go to see those magic numbers! They mean a lot to me as previously i got down to 14st 1, which scared me really and i think i kind of sabotaged myself while on holiday and rebelled (very me) against it! :rolleyes:
And second reason my partner, who did do cd with me before, well he seems to be loitering around the 15st~15st 4 mark! So i need to get below it!

So housework and work at 12 for me today! A bit of rebounding somewhere in the day and i'll be back to catch up later- actually i might start housework at 10am!

Oh and by the way= i got the ipod for dd, its so tiny, i'll kill her if she loses it! :eek:
She'll be one happy girly on xmas day anyway!

Glad its going well Emma... I struggled with the water my first week, but in the end i filled a two litre bottle and drank it in the space of an hour.. did the same in the afternoon with another two litres... now i just have a one litre bottle following me around permanently.. lol everyone is getting used to seeing me carrying a bottle of water like theres a drought on or something!!!! I get through minimum of 4 ltrs and some days 5ltrs... still wake up dying of thirst in the morning though! I do sometimes wonder why I even bother leaving the bathroom though.. somedays I may as well just sit there all day! Weirdly the drinking has become a habit..!

Feel much better after my one day of AAM btw, thanx for ur comment. Yesterday I did feel a bit hungry throughout the day but i'm certain it was psychological because i'd got to eat the day before! I am totally like you.. i never saw the AAM as an allowed meal I saw it as cheating... and yeah i had the thoughts going round in my head, that if i'd eaten one thing I could eat something else! Glad to be back to normal now :) Just wish I'd made the decision not to do the AAM before I actually attempted it for one day!

Happy loo breaks!

Back