Emma's Slim Fast Diary!

Week 5, Day 2

So as I lost 1lb yesterday, I had a little bit of a treat last night. My boyfriend and I shared a Chinese =/ It was pretty naughty, but I have to be able to have a little treat every now and again, so Monday is the best day to do it so I have all week to burn it off :)

I might only be able to have one shake today, cos I'm running out of milk. It's raining, so I don't want to go to the shop lol. Might just try and have something for 250 calories or something instead.

Getting pretty stressed now. It's Tuesday, and my first exam is on Friday. I've only got 3 days left to revise. Really nervous about this one :( Better get back to revision!

CONGRATS on the 1lb lost!! And a treat now and then is something I deem acceptable... especially for me, because if I don't have a small treat now and then I tend to be more tempted to binge (though it is all under my control, I know...).

Sending you vibes of review/study motivation! :vibes: :read: I hope you do an excellent job on your exams!

Last edited:
Thank you! :) I think the treat last night did me good, cos I woke up today super motivated to do my revision! I've been plodding on with revision for most of the day, so around 6 hours so far, with the odd 15 minute break to keep me refreshed and going strong! It's such a turnaround from yesterday, but I'm so pleased. I'm actually enjoying it today too, learning about why we make certain food choices, and what causes obesity! Very interesting! Not so stressed today, so that's good, but I am getting through quite a lot of Pepsi Max. I'm pretty much addicted to it, but at least it's the Max one, so there's hardly any calories in it. I need to cut it out though, but that can wait till after exams :)

Food wise today, I've not updated my food diary on MFP because I haven't measured out my food. I got up late, so I didn't have any breakfast, and I had spaghetti in a soft cheese sauce with chunks of chicken for lunch. I'll have a shake soon, cos I'm starting to feel peckish now. I've had quite a few haribo sweets too, but they help with revision, and again, they're low in calories. Just the sugar to worry about, but I need the buzz to keep me going! Lol.

All in all, quite a good day today :) How is everyone else?

Well done on your loss hun! Even after pizza!!!! You're inspirational :p x

Hey,

Whatever helps with revision is more important :)

I wish i was as good as you. I was supposed to revise all of last night and ended up going out!! Keep up the good work :)

Well done on your loss hun! Even after pizza!!!! You're inspirational :p x

I don't know how you can call me inspirational after you've lost 2 stone, but thanks! That really brightened up my day! :D

Week 5, Day 3

I hopped on the scale again this morning, couldn't resist myself! It's a bit tricky to weigh myself in my flat, because the floor is so uneven, so I have to hop on and off a few times in different places in the kitchen to get the most accurate reading. So annoying! But the first time I stood on, it said I was 17st 1lb, which is a loss of 3lbs. But then in other places in the kitchen it said 17st 4.8lbs. It said that in three or four different places, so I'm going to stick with that one. Which means I've only put on 0.1lb since Monday, as my Monday weigh in was 17st 4.7lb.

I'm quite surprised, considering all the sweets I've had lol. Fair enough, it's mostly Haribo and Chewits, so they're low in fat and calories, but high in sugar, but I need them to get me through the revision, and they're better than chocolate and crisps lol.

So I might actually lost 1lb by Monday, which will bring me to my first half stone goal! :) Finally! I thought I was going to achieve it by week 3, but my weight loss has kinda slowed down the past two weeks. I'm not too upset about it though, cos I know this is going to be a very slow journey, and even 1lb off a week is better than gaining. But I was hoping to get 2lbs a week every week, so that I could reach my goal in 48 weeks, which is just short of a year. I was kinda hoping to reach my goal by my birthday next March, but I'm pretty flexible on when I get there, as this is a life long thing, so I'm in no hurry.

Also, a bit of advice please? I've set my goal weight to 10st 10lbs. This will give me a BMI of 22.8, which is in the middle of the healthy range. I've been thinking though, I'm not sure I'll ever get to that weight, as I don't want to have to worry about what I'm eating every single day for the rest of my life. I want to be able to enjoy food. I'd be happy to be a size 12-14, but I'm not sure what weight I'd have to get to, to fit into that size. I'm quite tall, 5' 8", and I'm carrying most of my weight on my stomach now (damn PCOS!). I used to be the perfect hour glass shape, even though I was quite a wide hour glass, I was still an hour glass lol. I used to have a pretty flat stomach, it's only been the last few years that the weight has all started piling on my stomach area.

I have a friend who is 5' 6" and she weight 11 and a half stone, and she looks fantastic. She carries her weight on her bum, but she loves it, and she looks really good. I'm 2" taller, so I'm thinking if I was 11 and a half stone, I'd still look good.

So, can anyone tell me, how much they weigh and what size clothes they wear, and where they carry most of their weight, i.e. your body shape? I know everyone is different, but I'm just trying to get an idea of what weight I should be aiming for.

Is anybody in a size 12-14, or can remember being a 12-14, and what weight they were then? Obviously, someone similar to my height would be ideal, but I'd appreciate any ideas! I just think 10st 10lbs may be a little too low for me. I'd be happy at the higher end of the normal BMI range. Any comments will be appreciated! :D

Well i was 11st when I started SF and i'm 5'3" which made me a large 12 small 14 depending on where I shop. i carry all my weight on my stomach also.

As you're 5'8" I think around 11 to 11st7lbs would be good. It's quite hard to judge because you are quite a bit taller than me.

Maybe you shouldn't have a goal weight, but a goal size?

BMI is very hard to go on as muscle weighs more than fat and if you were to do exercise, you may gain weight but lose body fat. It's certainly a hard one to work out.

Hope some of this helps (or even makes sense)

That does help, thanks! I'm not too worried about it at the minute, it's all wishful thinking until I lose more weight anyway lol. I'll be happy anywhere within a healthy BMI range :)

*Emma said:
Week 5, Day 3

I hopped on the scale again this morning, couldn't resist myself! It's a bit tricky to weigh myself in my flat, because the floor is so uneven, so I have to hop on and off a few times in different places in the kitchen to get the most accurate reading. So annoying! But the first time I stood on, it said I was 17st 1lb, which is a loss of 3lbs. But then in other places in the kitchen it said 17st 4.8lbs. It said that in three or four different places, so I'm going to stick with that one. Which means I've only put on 0.1lb since Monday, as my Monday weigh in was 17st 4.7lb.

I'm quite surprised, considering all the sweets I've had lol. Fair enough, it's mostly Haribo and Chewits, so they're low in fat and calories, but high in sugar, but I need them to get me through the revision, and they're better than chocolate and crisps lol.

So I might actually lost 1lb by Monday, which will bring me to my first half stone goal! :) Finally! I thought I was going to achieve it by week 3, but my weight loss has kinda slowed down the past two weeks. I'm not too upset about it though, cos I know this is going to be a very slow journey, and even 1lb off a week is better than gaining. But I was hoping to get 2lbs a week every week, so that I could reach my goal in 48 weeks, which is just short of a year. I was kinda hoping to reach my goal by my birthday next March, but I'm pretty flexible on when I get there, as this is a life long thing, so I'm in no hurry.

Also, a bit of advice please? I've set my goal weight to 10st 10lbs. This will give me a BMI of 22.8, which is in the middle of the healthy range. I've been thinking though, I'm not sure I'll ever get to that weight, as I don't want to have to worry about what I'm eating every single day for the rest of my life. I want to be able to enjoy food. I'd be happy to be a size 12-14, but I'm not sure what weight I'd have to get to, to fit into that size. I'm quite tall, 5' 8", and I'm carrying most of my weight on my stomach now (damn PCOS!). I used to be the perfect hour glass shape, even though I was quite a wide hour glass, I was still an hour glass lol. I used to have a pretty flat stomach, it's only been the last few years that the weight has all started piling on my stomach area.

I have a friend who is 5' 6" and she weight 11 and a half stone, and she looks fantastic. She carries her weight on her bum, but she loves it, and she looks really good. I'm 2" taller, so I'm thinking if I was 11 and a half stone, I'd still look good.

So, can anyone tell me, how much they weigh and what size clothes they wear, and where they carry most of their weight, i.e. your body shape? I know everyone is different, but I'm just trying to get an idea of what weight I should be aiming for.

Is anybody in a size 12-14, or can remember being a 12-14, and what weight they were then? Obviously, someone similar to my height would be ideal, but I'd appreciate any ideas! I just think 10st 10lbs may be a little too low for me. I'd be happy at the higher end of the normal BMI range. Any comments will be appreciated! :D

Hi Emm

I am 5"9 n currently weigh 11st 8 so not quite 11 n half yet. I carry all my weight from my stomach to my thighs!
I normally wear 12/14 just fitting into size 12 on bottom but am 12 on top, 14 is a little big in some things! n I have set my target at 10 n a half cos that's wot i used to be x but I know u mean I think I'd b happy at staying at 11 st or just under cos I think for our height it's roughly 10st 9 that's healthy x
Hope I have helped love
X

Emma,

I am 5'8" also! My body type has my body fat dristributed everywhere-- my face, upper arms, boobs, tummy, back, hips, bum, upper thighs... when I lose weight I feel like a set of Russian dolls with the outermost doll being taken off.

My end-of-summer goal is 150 pounds, which I have weighed before in the past and looked pretty good. 164 will be the highest possible healthy BMI for you and me (I have played with BMI calculators a lot, lol), so that is my next big landmark! :)

My ultimate goal is to be 140-145 range and maintain there, but that will take a lot of work.

So I would say that 10.5 stone would be a very reasonable one to set. :) Don't forget that the BMI formula does NOT take into account muscle mass, bone density, etc... and those things can make quite a difference and change what your actual body FAT percentage is.

For example, some male celebrities such as George Clooney would be deemed obese using the BMI formula, because of their body weight and height, and that is because they are so massively muscular--but they really have a very low body fat percentage. Most of us on minimins, I think, would be able to go by the normal BMI equation because we are "normal" when it comes to muscle mass...

I found a scale online, and the ad claimed that it could measure muscle mass, body fat, and bone density to the nearest .1%. I find that a bit dodgy... how can one scale do all that?!

Best of luck to you!

Last edited:
I don't think I've ever been a size 12 (haha but Its my goal, too!!!)

I am 5'4.5 (that half is important :p)

At my highest I was 18 stone 11lbs (shameful) size 20 - 22

I am now (as of Monday) 16 stone 9. Size 18.

I'm only just an 18 almost everywhere, although I still can't fit in (regular shops) size 18 jeans. My thighs are massive!
Weird thing is, I have clothes that fit me nice that still fit at my highest.
I think it's a combination of being big and a lot of 'this is for when I've lost weight' impulse buying.. Coupled with squeezing myself into an 18 when I should have been getting a size 22.
That being said, all of the bigger stuff is hanging off me now. Some of the 20's I'm still wearing, but AS SOON as I'm in an 18 jeans anything bigger is going! (so I don't get slack - if I put weight back on I wont have any clothes haha!)

Can fit in to some 16 tops now, which is a mega boost!

I don't think I'll be a 12-14 until I get down to about 12 1/2 stone... Which incidentally is my goal! Haha

Good luck with the rest of tonight, hun. And get revising!! xx

i also want to be a size 12 ideally... and i am also 5ft 4.5 (i've put 5.5 on here lol) well done everyone you're doing a great job so far and i love reading the diaries xx

Hi Emma - I'm 5 ft 8 as well and am currently a size 12. I think I was about 11 stone when I started getting into 12 s. Am 10 stone 5 now and reckon I'll get into a size 10 soon - prob at about 10 stone.
Hope that helps a bit.
Keep up the good work - am v impressed u can stay eating so well when u r revising! Revision would have me reaching for the biscuits lol!
V
X

Miss V said:
Hi Emma - I'm 5 ft 8 as well and am currently a size 12. I think I was about 11 stone when I started getting into 12 s. Am 10 stone 5 now and reckon I'll get into a size 10 soon - prob at about 10 stone.
Hope that helps a bit.
Keep up the good work - am v impressed u can stay eating so well when u r revising! Revision would have me reaching for the biscuits lol!
V
X

Hi
Wow u have done really well love x well done x u been on sf a long time, how have u stuck with it 28 wks Hun? U r nearly a size 10 I am jealous x wot was yr start weight?
I am 5 9 n currently 11st 8 n want to be 10 n half stone but my weight lost has slowed right down n i put on a pound this wk. Have ya any tips for me please?
X

Wishbird, towards the end it gets harder and harder to lose weight, and there is no way to get it off quickly unless you eat only celery and exercise for an hour each day. Just stick to it and don't give up!

I'm 5'8" and getting to 147 pounds took me a long time after I got down into thelower 150's (a couple of months I think). Now that I'm heavier than that I suspect it will take that same long time.

Just stick to it and it will happen. :)

Thanks for all of the comments everyone! I'm just popping on now for a few minutes before heading out to my voluntary job so I haven't got time to reply to everyone, but I'll make sure I do it when I get in after 9pm tonight :)

missfortissimo said:
Wishbird, towards the end it gets harder and harder to lose weight, and there is no way to get it off quickly unless you eat only celery and exercise for an hour each day. Just stick to it and don't give up!

I'm 5'8" and getting to 147 pounds took me a long time after I got down into thelower 150's (a couple of months I think). Now that I'm heavier than that I suspect it will take that same long time.

Just stick to it and it will happen. :)

Hi
Thanks for the advice love.
I am at the mo sticking to the diet n I am exercising over an hr every day but Wednesday's so I hope that will help my weight loss x

Ok so I'm back from my voluntary job. I just want to say thanks to everyone for their input :) It's made me realise that women are definitely all different shapes and sizes, someone of the same height and weight as me can be a totally different dress size, depending on where they carry their weight. I'm still unsure about my goal, but it's all just wishful thinking at the minute.

I'd be happy anywhere within a health BMI range, ideally a size 12-14, so whenever that happens, I'll start to maintain. I'm not too fussed about what the scale says, I'm going to go by how I feel and how my clothes fit :)

So thanks again for all the replies, it was very informative! :)

My first exam is at 9.30 tomorrow morning, so I have to get back to revision now. Speak to you all tomorrow afternoon. Wish me luck! :)

Back