Emma's Weightloss Diary!

I've just signed up to post a reply as I used to live in Russia. :)

I used to have the yogurt cartons called Chudo (Miracle) for breakfast, they were like a large juice carton. I don't know how much fat was in them but they were incredibly filling.

Think you can get them in most of the little shops, well you could in St Petersburg.

ok today is my weigh-in day :scale: got on the scales, and....i put on 2 pounds :( ....really quite disappointed about that, but oh well, its a new week, so i just have to keep trying!!

well... today wasnt quite as much of a fresh start as i had hoped!

i was just really fed up, feeling a bit down because sometimes i really do try, and it makes little or no difference!! sooo i had a mcdonalds...and an icecream...but i enjoyed it, i've gotten it out of my system and on my way home i went and bought lots of fruit and stuff so im feeling good now and ready to make a proper effort tomorrow!!

as for breakfast, i've bought some "wasa", its basically the same as finn crisp. It's the sesame ones, so wondering how many would be a HEXB? and i've also got some cheese triangles, which i think are 2 for a HEXA? so breakfast will be crispbread, cheese and fruit :D

oh one more thing, i looked at the "Chudo" products, but they're quite high in fat, but i've found a fruit yougurt drink which is 0.5% fat, 330ml. Not sure how many syns it would be, anyone got an idea??? thanks!! x

dont worry about the yogurt drink, managed to find the syns....7!!! :O i am in shock!! i was thinking that for 0,5% fat it wouldn't be too bad!! definitely stearing clear of them then!! x

ok, gonna have a little moan (thats partly what this is for after all!!).

i need to exercise. im sooooo unfit its unbelievable, i get out of breath just walking up a few flights of stairs!!back in the UK i did go to the gym (every now and then!) but i also worked a lot, so if i wasnt doing spinning classes, i was running around non-stop at work for maybe 6/7 hours a day!!

here (Moscow) i cant really do that, the gyms are well expensive, and i cant go swimming because i would have to go to the doctors to get a note saying that im healthy and can use the pool (nothing is simple here!) i do do a lot of walking (to and from uni is about 20mins in total, to and from the supermarket is about 45mins all together, aswell as just general walking about) i know its not powerwalking, but im not exactly strolling either!! i have bought an exercise DVD and will get back into doing it in the mornings (gotten a bit slack with it lately!!)

i know it's not much exercise, but its some right?? and im feeling worse off!! my bellys bloated most of the time and its not a nice look or a nice feeling!!

i am going to be joining a gym again when im back in the UK, possibly when im home over the summer, but if not, definitely when im back in London for uni, i've found a local gym nearby which do lots of different classes every day!! Though if i could find something else that would help even just a little bit, it would be wonderful!!

sorry for the moan, now i feel better (a bit!) x

morning everyone!!

making a fresh start today! did some of my exercise DVD thismorning which is good!! And im back on plan too!

breakfast today was 3 crispbreads (B), 2 cheese triangles (A), a plum, and a coffee with instant milk (1)

for lunch im planning on having some ravioli, then i'll be off to the library for a few hours, followed by sunbathing by the riverside!!

have a good day everyone! x

ok so for lunch today i had plain pasta, liver and onions, i'll say it's around 6 syns because it was fried in oil, and for tea i had 300g ravioli at 3 syns! managed to resist the call of icecream again which is always good!!

fruit-wise i've done well today: plum, orange, grapes and a couple of cherries!!

i'm also now in the process of planning my meals for the week!!

so i've done well today, fingers crossed i can stick at it and lose something next week!! x

Last edited:
hello again!

this morning's breakfast consisted of a plum, some grapes and a coffee! so all good there!
my plan for lunch will be pasta with maybe chicken (depends what's availible!!)
and for tea tonight im going to have steak and veg (really looking forward to it!!)
i'm meeting a friend for coffee aswell later so i will include 3.5 syns + HEXB for a medium skinny caramel macchiato!!

have a good day! x

Lunch was pasta and chicken with mushrooms and a dollop of sourcream, baked in he oven. Lovely!!! Will research the syns for the sourcream when I'm home!

It's so hot at the moment I think I'm gonna melt!!! Gave into the temptation of a nice cold non-alcoholic mojito (they're on season over here atm!!) it was just lime wedge, mint, Soda water and lime syrup which I would say all in all is 5 syns, which puts today's syn total at 8,5 so far!! Nor too bad!! X

Morning all!! Last nights steak and veg was lovely!! Got another bit of steak for tonights tea!!

So today's breakfast was 2 slices of brown bread (B), a plum, 2 cheese triangle (A), and 2 coffees with cream (3)!

I solved the problem of milk with my coffee by getting some UHT portions, but unfortunately I could only get cream, which is 1 syn more, but oh well!!

Spoke to the boyf last night, he told me that he's gotten a bit too much of a belly (not that I mind!!) and he's going to start eating healthier, which is good, I tried convincing him to join SW with me, but he doesn't like the idea of the group sessions, but tbh when I'm back home, I'll be doing the cooking and he'll be eating SW food with me so no worries!!

todays lunch was a 5 syn stirfry, followed by a tall coffee light frappuccino (4)

for tea i had steak strips and salad followed by defrosted frozen fruit, lovely!!

total syns: 12

It's 34 days until I'm 21 and I need to lose at least another 10lbs, fingers crossed I can do it!!!

Have a good day everyone!! X

Last edited:
hello again!

breakfast was 2 slices of brown bread (B) and a coffee with cream (1.5)

i'm popping to the souvenir market today, so my lunch plan is to have a kebab, its just skewered meat with ketchup and some bread, so no worries there, and my plans for tea at the moment is dependent on what i can get on the way home!! might get a chicken and do a salad if i can get lettuce....

ok have a good day all! x

yeah lunch was a lovely lamb kebab at the market with bread (6) and some ketchup (2)!

had 2 bottles of diet coke during the day, and then for tea i just had some roast chicken, couldnt have it as a salad, most of the lettuce had gone :( lol oh well.

oh and bodymagic for today was just lots of walking as always! was a bit harder today, got a stiff knee for some reason!! x

hello!!

ermm not sure how today's gonna go, i've been invited to a barbecue (9am i have to be there, early much!!! :nightf: )

i have no idea what's going to be served food-wise, not sure if Russian barbecues are the same as English ones!!

so i'll try my best with what i'm given!

breakfast as usual was 2 sliced brown bread (B) and a coffee with cream (1,5). my plan for tea is to do a smash pizza, just need to get some more veg and maybe a chicken breast for topping!!

have a good day all! x

* make that 2 coffees with cream, need all the caffeine i can get at the moment!!!!

syns total: 3

the barbecue was lovely! majorly caught the sun, hoping the redness will brown like it usually does! strange thing about Russia: freeeeezing winters (-25C) and baking hot summers (+30C)!!!

not sure about the syns i had today though!!

had lots of pork and lamb skewers (marinated in ketchup and mayonnaise) with lots of salady stuff (raddish, sp.onion, lettuce, other kinds of lettuce!!) though also had a lot of fruit juice, because thats all there really was! and then went back to my friends flat and had tea and (a very small piece) cake!

not sure about syns, but i think i did alright, could have done much worse i think!!

x

Last edited:
just found out im going to be living for the next 2 weeks without hot water.....that means cold showers, cold washing up....cold everything!!! no idea how im gonna manage!! :0bathtime:

Eeeek. Poor you :(

For breakfast - could you make a pasta salad of some sort ?? I know it's not really breakfast but it's a change. Or baked beans - can you get them ? Not having a fridge is pretty hard - you will need to be a bit inventive I think !!

Gail x

oooh they do have baked beans (heinz aswell :bliss: )!! i could also give the pasta a go!! i've been planning on having scrampled/poached egg on toast, but just been too tired/not had enough time to go to the kitchen!! thanks for that!!!

one question though, with the baked beans is it all varieties that are free? or just the original? because i saw some sweet chilli ones which sound very nice!!! x

morning!!

ok so today is day one with no hot water...just had the coldest shower of my LIFE!!!! :)cry:) and i am sooo tired from yesterday :zz:, only had a couple hours sleep!! today is feeling like one of those days where you just really cant be bothered to do anything, but at the same time its a generally busy day!!

oh and im happy to report that the redness has browned overnight like i had hoped!!

breakfast was just a coffee with cream (1.5), 1slice if bread (1/2 HEXB) and an orange.

weigh-in tomorrow, hope all goes well!! :cross: x

Back