Emma's Weightloss Diary!

emoo123

Silver Member
Hey i'm Emma!

I've decided that keeping a weightloss diary might be a good idea, so that i can look back at what i've done and also hopefully get lots of helpful and motivating comments and ideas (i need them!!)

Ok, so i did slimming world for about a year and a half, but had to stop at the beginning of the summer because my uni course led to a year abroad in Russia (I'll be back in England and back to classes in July!). I managed to lose 2 stone, but then after stopping i put it all back on!!

So after weighing myself after Christmas and honestly being shocked that i was back to my starting weight, I've been doing SW by myself with a magazine subscription and my old books. It has been incredibly difficult without the online syn-searcher, and also because the Russians don't believe in low-fat food!! I've managed to lost 12.5lbs so far which i'm pleased about, but i would really like to get to a stone and a half loss before my birthday (beginning of July), because i don't really want to be 14 stone something for my 21!st!

My goal at the moment is to get to around 10.5st, so thats about 4.5st to lose, but ofcourse that depends on how i feel as i get along.

I'm generally sticking to the plan well, but i do have occasional slip-ups and binges!!

So i'm gonna do my best to write how i get on every day (hopefully!) and hopefully get some good results!!! wish me luck!! xx

oh and if anyone has any comments/criticism/suggestions, feel free!! i really do need as much support and advice as i can get!!! x

Last edited:
Hi Emma,

That must be hard being in Moscow. However well done so far and keep it up.

Gail x

Hi Emma,

That must be hard being in Moscow. However well done so far and keep it up.

Gail x

oh yeah it's been difficult!! don't have a fridge (which wasnt a problem in winter but it is now!!) and ofcourse the lack of low-synned food!! but at the same time its done me good food-wise because microwaves and microwave meals arent common over here so i've had to cook everything from scratch with fresh veg & meat!! although i haven't lost as quickly as i would have like or as quickly as i would have done if i was in the UK, but i think i'm doing alright!! x

No fridge - OMG !! Well done you. Cooking meals is definitely the way forward :)

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

lol yeah, i had a wonderful surprise thismorning when i went to have my breakfast. my milk had completely solidified! i've been keeping it in a flask in a bucket of cold water to try and keep it cold! it works (sort of) because without it, it would go in a few hours!! it wasn't so bad in winter because i just kept all my food in the window and it stayed cold, but then occasionally it got so cold that everything froze...imagine how surprised i was to find that my carton of milk had completely frozen solid overnight!!

i have learnt to cook properly though which is a huge bonus!!! x

What a challenge! Can you read the labels? People here are helpful with syn information so do post for help. Good luck!

What a challenge! Can you read the labels? People here are helpful with syn information so do post for help. Good luck!

true, i could do that, but honestly i dont really get much packaged food, don't know what it really is half the time!!! the only stuff i get is ketchup (they have heinz!! :bliss: ) but i generally tend to stick to the fresh stuff because i actually know what that is!!

i have no idea why the russians are so slim though, some of the stuff they eat!!! they looooooove this stuff which is basically like sourcream (but they all say its not the same) and i saw a carton of it in the supermarket....45% fat :eek: !!! to them its normal!!!

oook so, had a good start to a day that i know will probably end badly (got a party to go to tonight!!) its such a nice day today, about 25C! and i managed to resist the call of icecream!!

So, for breakfast i had just plain cereal (my milk had gone off :( HEXB) and melon.

For lunch i had chicken & vegetable rice, and some shredded carrot and raisins (2)as well a a nice cold bottle of diet coke!!

Not sure what the plan will be for tea, my friend's fairly healthy and said something about pasta salad so that shouldn't be too much of a problem, drinkswise i'm taking a couple cans of cider (managed to find it in the supermarket, very VERY rare over here!!) which i think are about 8 syns each. x

ok i managed to have some "self-control" tonight, had 2 of the 3 cans of cider i brought with me (24 syns :eek: ) and 2 slices of bread (6) and 2 slices of cheese (another 6 syns :eek: ) i know i had a lot of syns but i knew what i was having, and i resisted the tirimasu though!!! x

ookaay soo today is a fresh day, and im back on plan!!

haven't had breakfast today because i dont have any breakfast food, and i had a wonderful lie-in and its lunchtime now!! though i dont have a lot for lunch either so i'll be going to the "diet" canteen and have pasta with maybe chicken and a side salad! and i might give the minestrone soup a go tonight!!

really need to make an effort over the next two days before i weigh in on tuesday!! x

Hi Emoo

Well done on getting back on track, I'm sure you will be ok, I had a smiliar day yesterday and my weigh-in day is Tuesday too! Boo xx

Thanks boo! And good luck for Tuesday aswell!! Ok so lunch has Changed. Had a jacket potato with cheese (hexa) and pepper, onion and meatball type things in a tomato sauce, it was lovely!!! Still going to stick with he soup for tea!! And I'm doing well, it's 26C today and I'm resisting all ice-cream!! X

soup went well!! had 2 rolls with it, as well as another roll earlier so that makes it HEXB and 12 syns! x

todayyyyy i was good! had plain museli for breakfast, then for lunch i had an iced latte (A) and a jacket potato with a chicken and mushroom sauce (4) followed by and skinny iced macchiato (9.5). for tea a had a salmon, radish and lettuce salad! so total syns for today are 13.5, and well done me for managing to resist icreams again, its so hot at the moment, they're screaming to me!!!!

oh and i'm having a bit of a breakfast dilemma :confused: ...i can't really have cereal and milk anymore because my milk isn't keeping, so i need ideas of what else i can have! i have eggs so i can do fried eggs, but i need ideas for when i dont really have the time to go cook in the mornings!! help!!! :gen147:

Hi Emoo

well done for staying strong, keep up the good work Boo xx

What about a fruit salad? I love that especially with a yogurt Boo xx

could do fruit salad, though its a bit difficult to keep fresh (dont have a fridge you see and my room can get to about 30C during the day!!) thanks anyway, will keep it in mind!! x

Back