Emotional eater

Lightly-does-it

Hi,

I just re-joined weight watchers this week for the third time. Lost 13lb the first time (joining weight 11st 9.5lbs), lost about the same the second time (joining weight 15st 2lbs) and this week joined again at 15st 1.5lbs.

I have come to realise that my eating is def emotional and down to boredom and the realisation that I'm not happy with my life.

It's hard for me to discuss this with my nearest and dearest, they wouldn't understand, had so much rubbish this year with my family and my problems would just be more to add on top.

I really need to make some changes in my life, starting here and starting with my weight and I've read tonnes of your posts today and can see this is the best place to get the support I need.

Looking forward to making some positive changes.

Helen xx

Welcome and wishing you loads of luck, are you going to be doing the new propoints plan?
I am also an emotional eater and have yo yo'd with my weight for many years.....it will always be a battle but certainly the last 3-4 years of accepting myself and my own issues has been a revelation :)
If you need any help / advise please feel free to ask
xxx

Thank you loopylou, I have been reading your food diaries and you are an inspiration.

I am doing the propoints plan, however I haven't got off to a very good start, the day I joined I had a very sore throat and have had a stinking cold ever since so I haven't really eaten much!

I'm also struggling to work out points on stuff as my leader doesn't have a chip & pin machine and didn't have enough cash on me to buy the calculator lol

Thanks again for the words of encouragement :)

Helen x

Still struggling to work out the points on stuff with the little book in the folder and the paper "calculator".

Can't wait til Wednesday when I can get WI and buy a proper calculator!

Not been too bad today although got the munchies so just been snacking on fruit, so glad its zero PP now.

I'm trying the Mexican Beef Pan Fry for dinner tonight so hope it turns out ok and doesn't give me indigestion as most things do!!

Hope everyone else is having a good day :)

Still struggling to work out the points on stuff with the little book in the folder and the paper "calculator".

Can't wait til Wednesday when I can get WI and buy a proper calculator!

Not been too bad today although got the munchies so just been snacking on fruit, so glad its zero PP now.

I'm trying the Mexican Beef Pan Fry for dinner tonight so hope it turns out ok and doesn't give me indigestion as most things do!!

Hope everyone else is having a good day :)

I've got the calculater and e-source so if you want me to check anything please ask
xx

Hey chick, thought I'd pop over and have a peek at your diary:D

How you getting on? It takes a bit of getting used to as I am so used to the old plan, but I have to say I prefer the pp plan as it's a lot more flexible and I haven't been anywhere near as hungry as I was on the old plan:D

Hope you manage to get your calculator this week:rolleyes:

Good luck for this week - when do you have your WI?:)

xx

Hi sukibix

I totally agree, I've done the old plan for so long this is really gonna take some getting used to lol

I'm not doing too bad, joined on Wednesday night and was full up with a cold for about 3 days so didnt even eat much and I've had a really busy day at work so not had time for brekkie today!

I had a sneaky peek on the scales this morning and I'm showing a loss so here's hoping :)

WI is weds night but I'm more looking forward to getting the calculator and as if they knew, my kitchen scales (ww points ones from 2005) broke so guess I need more lol early Xmas prezzie me thinks :p

Thanks for the msg xx

Have you got an i-touch? I found the WW mobile UK app last night, it's the official WW one and it logs u onto the WW website and brings up the tracker and you get the calculator too! It's free which is a mega bonus so I didn't bother buying the calc at my class tonight. Obviously if you don't have an i-touch you will still want to buy the calc lol. :D

Good luck for WI tomorrow and let us know how you get on. x x x

Sukibix said:
Have you got an i-touch? I found the WW mobile UK app last night, it's the official WW one and it logs u onto the WW website and brings up the tracker and you get the calculator too! It's free which is a mega bonus so I didn't bother buying the calc at my class tonight. Obviously if you don't have an i-touch you will still want to buy the calc lol. :D

I'm just downloading mine wohoo xx

Sukibix said:

I have an iPhone and I'm always looking for apps to do with Weight Watchers but never been able to find any :-( I will have another look in a sec tho, thanks for the tip :)

Xx

Lightly-does-it said:
I have an iPhone and I'm always looking for apps to do with Weight Watchers but never been able to find any :-( I will have another look in a sec tho, thanks for the tip :)

Xx

Oh I just found it :) waited so long for an app for ww! I've downloaded it and I will have to sign up for monthly pass again now hehe was only gonna go to meetings for a few weeks to get all the bumf for the new plane but think I'm gonna keep going now :p

Well another busy day at the office and no time for breakfast again!

I know brekkie is important but I can't eat first thing, if I do then 9 times out of 10 I get indigestion so tend to wait til about 9.30-10 or sometimes later, by which time I'm in work so if I'm busy or got meetings I don't get time!

Lunch
1/2 pot glorious food chunky tomato and chorizo soup - 4pm
Apple - 0pp
Satsuma - 0pp

Dinner
Chicken breast - 4pp
Broccoli - 0pp
Carrots - 0pp
Roasted squash - 0pp
Gravy made with 1tsp granules - 0pp

I haven't really planned properly this week and that is only 8pp I've had today! :-O

I was originally only joining ww again to get the stuff on the new plan and was gonna go it alone but since today's release of the amazing new app, I've just signed up for monthly pass so no excuses now :)

Hope I get a good result tomorrow :)

Hi
I'm a ww newbie and joined last night x
I'm all geared up, got my calc and deluxe pack, I phone app the lot. Lol now o have no excuse! I will get in that wedding dress in march :)

Any inspiration on evening meals greatly appreciated, I'm just trying to get to grips with it all x

Have a good week x

nikdag said:
Hi
I'm a ww newbie and joined last night x
I'm all geared up, got my calc and deluxe pack, I phone app the lot. Lol now o have no excuse! I will get in that wedding dress in march :)

Any inspiration on evening meals greatly appreciated, I'm just trying to get to grips with it all x

Have a good week x

Hey nikdag, good luck for ur weight loss journey and congrats on the wedding :)

I also struggle with evening meals just kinda thinking about it daily at the mo which is not ideal as I always do so much better when I have planned ahead :)

Have a good week :p

Hello Ladies

I have done weight watchers a few times over the years and have always had success with it. Since hearing about the pro plan I am very keen to give it a go so am going to join on Friday. I was going to wait until after Christmas but I am so heavy right now its making me feel really depressed and I know that just losing the first few pounds will make me feel better.

I did join slimming world a few weeks ago and after week of eating food I don't really like and only losing 1lb I didn't bother going back.

I am an emotional eater and am always snacking when I'm bored. Its got loads worse since I moved in with my boyfriend. We have been together for 16 months and I weighed around 15 stone when we met and now I'm almost 18 stone (can't believe I just wrote that - so ashamed).

Anyway, I'm looking forward to learning about pro points and shifting the pounds (or stones more like). I absolutely have to stick to it this time as one of my best friends is getting married in August and I am a bridesmaid. The bridesmaids dresses are from Karen Millen which only go up to a (small) size 16 and I am currently a size 20.

I have a lot of work to do but I am determined to do it. Wish me luck

Star* said:
Hello Ladies

I have done weight watchers a few times over the years and have always had success with it. Since hearing about the pro plan I am very keen to give it a go so am going to join on Friday. I was going to wait until after Christmas but I am so heavy right now its making me feel really depressed and I know that just losing the first few pounds will make me feel better.

I did join slimming world a few weeks ago and after week of eating food I don't really like and only losing 1lb I didn't bother going back.

I am an emotional eater and am always snacking when I'm bored. Its got loads worse since I moved in with my boyfriend. We have been together for 16 months and I weighed around 15 stone when we met and now I'm almost 18 stone (can't believe I just wrote that - so ashamed).

Anyway, I'm looking forward to learning about pro points and shifting the pounds (or stones more like). I absolutely have to stick to it this time as one of my best friends is getting married in August and I am a bridesmaid. The bridesmaids dresses are from Karen Millen which only go up to a (small) size 16 and I am currently a size 20.

I have a lot of work to do but I am determined to do it. Wish me luck

Hi star,

I completely understand where u r coming from, I've been with my fella for 10 years now and I was a size 8/10 when we got together (not sure how heavy coz never had to weigh myself) and in the first year I went to a size 14, then 16 then I joined ww for the first time at 11st 9.5lbs. I lost 13lbs over a few weeks but I'd been made a helper at my class and lost my determination to keep going.

This is my third time and I joined at 15st 1.5lbs and I'm a size 20/22 :-(

Hopefully this will be third time lucky for me xx

Just had my first WI - 3.5lbs off thank u very much hehe :D :party0049:

Brekkie:
2 x Ryvita Crunch - 3pp
Light Philly - 2pp
2 x Satsumas - 0pp

Lunch:
Tomato & Chorizo soup - 4pp
Apple - 0pp

Snacks:
French Fries - 2pp

Dinner:
Haven't counted it as it was too awful lol
Mixed Kebab with pitta & salad covered in mint sauce :eek:
A large mouthful of Ben & Jerry's (all I could manage as feeling quite sick lol)

Downloaded the new WW app for the iPhone, and even tho it does everything I need, still couldn't resist buying the new calculator :eek: I do love my gadgets and I've had the last 4 calculators from the last few years lol ;)

Here's to another good week :D

Just had my first WI - 3.5lbs off thank u very much hehe :D :party0049:

Brekkie:
2 x Ryvita Crunch - 3pp
Light Philly - 2pp
2 x Satsumas - 0pp

Lunch:
Tomato & Chorizo soup - 4pp
Apple - 0pp

Snacks:
French Fries - 2pp

Dinner:
Haven't counted it as it was too awful lol
Mixed Kebab with pitta & salad covered in mint sauce :eek:
A large mouthful of Ben & Jerry's (all I could manage as feeling quite sick lol)

Downloaded the new WW app for the iPhone, and even tho it does everything I need, still couldn't resist buying the new calculator :eek: I do love my gadgets and I've had the last 4 calculators from the last few years lol ;)

Here's to another good week :D

:D:D:D ** Well done *** yay! That's a great loss. Good luck this week - I'm sure you won't need it tho xxx

Hey miss!!

Just thought I'd pop by and say hi!!

I'm with you on the emotional eating!! Although I'm sure I'm a fraud, as I have very little to be flipping emotional about!! Perhaps it's more boredom eating...or both!!

I'm starting afresh again, trying propoints, and hoping the change and kick up the bum is what I need!!

Well done on your first loss, hope I can do similar!!

:eek:)

Back