Emotional

weelanie

Well day 2 is coming to an end. I am having my second shake warm with decaff coffee. I half a bar for lunch and rest at about 9 pm. I have been a little low the last few weeks. Usual, work, family daily life been a little difficult to deal with. However, I believe that it is as a result of my self- confidence being so low. I didn't realise having kids knocks your confidence. I used to be a very outgoing sociable person but now with the weight gain I no longer go out socially. I have missed weddings, christenings and a lot of sleep because I feel to fat to be seen in a nice dress. I however, plan to change this and loose the remaining 2 st to get my to a healthy journey. I am also trying to be more aware of how I feel about food and myself. Ramble will now stop for the night. Hope u r having a good day

W, I remember doing the same thing when my children were young, making up all sorts of reasons for not attending invites or celebrations because I was worried about what people would say about the weight I had gradually put on. Its also very easy to let everything revolve around the children's social lives instead. Any way one day I actually found myself trying to think of a reason for not going to a funeral. It was at that point I realised life was too short. My children are adults now & they wont let me join in their social lives any-more lol. So let your past experiences help you move on & motivate you. After-all the people that care about you would rather see you with extra weight than not see you
at all. Once you make the first moves to regaining your social life you will become more confident & just think of the compliments you will get as the weight goes down, all good for helping you stick to your plan x

Thank you Susie58 nice to know that I am not alone in feeling this way. You are completely right I need to get back out there and enjoy myself lol

Hi W, I always felt like this too.
I think it gets easier as you get older and having to go to work always kept me mixing with people. For some reason when I hit 40yrs I felt different about myself, I still didn't like me but I think in other peoples eyes my weight was more acceptable, you know be 40+ and having had 4 children. I always found it worse when it was family occasions when you were seeing family members that you don't see every wk. I remember after having my 1st child, I was shopping in Tesco and the cashier asked me why I still hadn't had my baby and she was 3mths old, I was devastated and refused to go out for wks. You are losing it now , feel positive and confident don't let what you think other people might be saying stop you from living your life....take it from someone who is trying to lose weight to catch up on years of missing out. X

Thanks Bub71. After read the replays on here I have now agreed to go to my works night out at the end of the month. It's dinner so will either do add a meal day or tell them I have a little dodgy tummy. As I don't plan on telling anyone what I am doing. I told them a few yrs ago that I was doing CD and they were not at all supportive so a secret it will stay lol. Thanks again and good luck with your journey c

Its a good decision to go to the dinner & what you are doing in regards to dieting is nobody else's business unless you want it to be so. Don't feel you have to lie about your tummy just have a meal day because at the end of the day this diet needs to be able to fit into your plans for the week. Sometimes people are not always supportive as they feel comfortable with someone being over weight & start to feel threatened when they see you are trying to take control of your life. Don't worry about it as this diet is for you.

I totally agree with Susie, doing this diet is supposed to enhance your life and every week just gets better and better, don't feel uncomfortable about what other people think, this is your choice you are in control and if you don't want to eat its because you chose not to.
Good luck and you will be surprised how much better you will feel by the end of the month so knock um dead! X

One thing I have learnt through out my life is that it is up to me as a person to choose how I react to other people. Therefore, if I only allow myself to concentrate on positive opinions, it really helps. I know this is harder than it sounds but once you begin it gets easier. Hope this helps, good luck.

weelanie said:
Well day 2 is coming to an end. I am having my second shake warm with decaff coffee. I half a bar for lunch and rest at about 9 pm. I have been a little low the last few weeks. Usual, work, family daily life been a little difficult to deal with. However, I believe that it is as a result of my self- confidence being so low. I didn't realise having kids knocks your confidence. I used to be a very outgoing sociable person but now with the weight gain I no longer go out socially. I have missed weddings, christenings and a lot of sleep because I feel to fat to be seen in a nice dress. I however, plan to change this and loose the remaining 2 st to get my to a healthy journey. I am also trying to be more aware of how I feel about food and myself. Ramble will now stop for the night. Hope u r having a good day

Hi it's so good to hear other people are in the same boat as me, you always think you are alone but you are not. Today is my first day on exante, so far so good. I have about 2 stone to lose and I too do not go out because I think I look ugh I really do, trouble is I have no confidence, seeing today I am not alone and this is the first time I have spoken about it, and I must admit it does feel good. Many thanks keep up the good work and we are are all in this together.xxx

Back